Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build, €1000

Options
  • 21-11-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello people of PC Building & Upgrading forum.

I've been recommended hardwareversand de, so I looked through their recommended builds and found this: /pcconfigurator/meinpc/1357727

(Apparently I can't post links as a new user, sorry about that)

I was hoping that someone would take a look and tell me what they think, and tell me what I should change.

I can't really tell whether this build is actually optimal or if they are using the fact that people picking recommended builds can get tricked into buying overpriced parts, you know?

With addition to that I'm planning on using 2 monitors - if anyone has any word of advice on the choice of the monitors I'd also appreciate it. I was hoping to close within 1500 with everything, so it would be around 500 for the monitors.

Cheers, KTpdu.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Drop cooler, drop CPU to an i5 4460 with a H81 board, and up CPU to a GTX970

Are you planning on gaming at 1080p?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KTpdu

Are you planning on gaming at 1080p?

As in playing with 1920x1080 resolution? I'd hope so. If its about the monitor, I was thinking about getting something like 24" LG 24MB56HQ-B, which should support full-hd.

Does it matter which H81 motherboard I choose? I found few, all with extra letter.

Something like MSI H81I, ITX, Sockel 1150?

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You should be able to get just a H81, or a H87. If not, go for an with an M after it.

I'm not great on monitors now, but a 970 is perfect for 1080p

Advertisement