Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling off cancellation, still getting direct debit

Options
  • 21-11-2015 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi, 
    I was missold a broadband  package by a rep.  I cancelled the following day.  The line is dead and sky are taking it back but worryingly I got the router during the week,  and then a direct debit mandate confirmation yesterday. 
    I have called numerous times and sent pm here but to no avail. 
    Please can you look into this for me to confirm I will not be charged.  
    I will pm details when I know which rep to reply to. 
    Thanks
    W

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

wtd2008 wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I was missold a broadband  package by a rep.  I cancelled the following day.  The line is dead and sky are taking it back but worryingly I got the router during the week,  and then a direct debit mandate confirmation yesterday. 
    I have called numerous times and sent pm here but to no avail. 
    Please can you look into this for me to confirm I will not be charged.  
    I will pm details when I know which rep to reply to. 
    Thanks
    W
    Thanks for your PM and for taking my call wtd2008

I'll be back to you shortly

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Still waiting on that call Al with the UAN number. It is 18:00, at 11:00 I was promised a call back within half an hour. 
    This is just a shambles. Please pm or call with UAN. 

Still waiting on that call Al with the UAN number. It is 18:00, at 11:00 I was promised a call back within half an hour. 
    This is just a shambles. Please pm or call with UAN. 
    Apologies wtd2008

I am still awaiting clarification of the UAN. I will have this today and PM it to you as soon as I have this.

Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Apologies wtd2008

I am still awaiting clarification of the UAN. I will have this today and PM it to you as soon as I have this.

Al

Still waiting... Now 11days since Eir cancelled the line instead of the mis sold order.

Apologies wtd2008

Al

Still waiting... Now 11days since Eir cancelled the line instead of the mis sold order.
    Apologies wtd2008 - nearly forgot, thanks for taking my call :)

Al

• Advertisement

Al

Seems to be sorted now Al, thanks for your help. W

Al

Seems to be sorted now Al,  thanks for your help.  W
    No problem wtd2008

Cheers
    Al

Hi Al,

As I feared I got a bill from Eir even though the BB was totally cancelled.

When we spoke you said to keep an eye on it, that I should not be charged.

Can you please look into it?

Thanks
    Wayne

Hi Al,

As I feared I got a bill from Eir even though the BB was totally cancelled.

When we spoke you said to keep an eye on it, that I should not be charged.

Can you please look into it?

Thanks
    Wayne
    Hi wtd2008

The transfer os sertvice sometimes does not include the efibre which is what has happened in this case.

I have arranged the full closure order to be placed - order ref number is [font=Times New Roman","serif]6503989 - I have also removed the balance and you will definitely not be billed.

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

Thanks for sorting that Al....A shining light of competency in a very bleak Eir landscape!  :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks for sorting that Al....A shining light of competency in a very bleak Eir landscape!  :)
    No problem at all. I'll pass this feedback on to Al :)

Thanks

Tracey 

Oh, the irony of it. I got a bill today for €177, telling me direct debit will come out in 5 days.

Please ensure as promised above and it private messages that I will be charged.
    I can only dread the nightmare it would be to get a refund.

Please sort this out asap or I will be referring to ComReg.

Oh, the irony of it. I got a bill today for €177, telling me direct debit will come out in 5 days.

Hi wtd2008

I had already removed your direct debit details so it will definitely not be taken - Today I have removed the charge in full. The broadband never changed over and for some reason (which I now must investigate) the broadband has not cancelled yet - however I can assure you that no payment will be taken and I will ensure the eir broadband is cancelled.

I will update you on the progress of full closure as soon as I can.

Apologies for this inconvenience

Al

Hi wtd2008

I had already removed your direct debit details so it will definitely not be taken - Today I have removed the charge in full. The broadband never changed over and for some reason (which I now must investigate) the broadband has not cancelled yet - however I can assure you that no payment will be taken and I will ensure the eir broadband is cancelled.

Al
    Hi Al,

I am still getting texts messages saying my account is overdue.

Please can you sort this for me as it is getting really annoying.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi wtd2008

Al
    Hi Al,

I am still getting texts messages saying my account is overdue.

Please can you sort this for me as it is getting really annoying.

Thanks
    Hi wtd2008,

I'm afraid Al is no longer with us, Can you PM me your account details and I will look into this.

Pamela 

Hi Pamela, 

I don't want to have to go through it all again but in summary... I was never given an account number, I changed my mind within 24 hours of a door man mis-selling me the package, got charged, but never actually switched, was promised it was sorted, no bill etc, promised there would be no charge on account , still getting texts telling me to pay.
    If this is not resolved I am finally going to COMREG. I am so tired of it all at this stage.

Please sort this out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Pamela, 

I don't want to have to go through it all again but in summary... I was never given an account number, I changed my mind within 24 hours of a door man mis-selling me the package, got charged, but never actually switched, was promised it was sorted, no bill etc, promised there would be no charge on account , still getting texts telling me to pay.
    If this is not resolved I am finally going to COMREG. I am so tired of it all at this stage.

Please sort this out for me.
    Ok no problem wtd2008, 

I'm sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having. 

I'm afraid I would need your details to look into this for you. Feel free to PM them to me and I'll help you here.

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement