Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat going to the toilet around the house.

• 21-11-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Just wondering if their is anything I can do to prevent this.

I have 3 cats for over 3 years. Over the last week or so one of them has started pooing beside the litter tray or somewhere else in the house.

Today on the stairs it was loose but other days it has been firm.

We have one litter tray.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

All the advice I've seen around litter boxes is that you should have one per cat or the number of cats + 1, although we just have one large one for our teensy cat due to space constraints.

Maybe try getting another one to see if that solves the problem. How often do you clean it and change the litter? I find that even with our little cat she needs it cleaned once a day and we change the litter about once a week. I've heard that if cats get grossed out they'll stop using their litter boxes.

Is the box somewhere quiet? I once saw our cat run out of the box in terror mid poo because someone slammed a car door next to the window the box is under.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The one litter tray is the most likely answer; minimum 3, preferably 4 and keep in mind it will take time to change the behavior.

Advertisement