Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Brilliant Connacht - home semi is well deserved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

And listening to John Beattie and Jock McStrap bleating and wailing from a commentary studio in Glasgow in the second half about the injustice of it all as they watched on in despair just made the win even better. McStrap couldn't even see the head charge from the Glasgow prop on the replay - it was hilarious stuff.

I sometimes think Jim Neilly is biased (and I'm an Ulster supporter) but BBC Scotland's lead commentator really takes the biscuit. This was one of the most one sided commentaries I've ever witnessed. He actually had to be told by John Beattie that the head charge was a head and not a shoulder charge. Unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

i give robbie henshaw a very hard time but he put his body on the line today. go robbie. go connacht. what a team. our team. every second i didnt know. what about rodney. how about aj. how about shane o'leary. its so mental. how couldnt ya love it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Soooo

1) McCartney played LH finally, and pretty well, so I'm Happy
    2) We've beaten the top team of the league, don't forget, so I'm happy!!!
    3) We've Champions Cup, semi-final, and now Sportsground extra-game to celebrate for the boys like Carr, Muldowney and Naoupu so I'm happppppppppppppppy

PS happy for Zebre too, we won't have cost them their spot for next European big competition in the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I love that Michael D was there to watch the match.

Enda Kenny getting vox-popped at HT was better to be fair.

"Where are ya from?"..."Are you here celebrating a new job?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

fatgav wrote: »
    Enda Kenny getting vox-popped at HT was better to be fair.

"Where are ya from?"..."Are you here celebrating a new job?"

Eat **** Neil Francis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Hopefully a few of the injuries can recover in the next couple weeks because otherwise we are in a pretty desperate situation with props. JP Cooney is literally the only currently uninjured senior prop with McCartney able to cover LH. Then in the academy who do we have? O'Donnell is injured, so Saba and not sure who else is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

mansize wrote: »
    2nd v 3rd is Friday isn't it

Leinster v Ulster Friday. Connacht v Glasgow Saturday

Bazzo wrote: »
    Hopefully a few of the injuries can recover in the next couple weeks because otherwise we are in a pretty desperate situation with props. JP Cooney is literally the only currently uninjured senior prop with McCartney able to cover LH. Then in the academy who do we have? O'Donnell is injured, so Saba and not sure who else is there?
    hear you. lets just glory in this for a bit

connachta wrote: »
    Soooo

1) McCartney played LH finally, and pretty well, so I'm Happy
    2) We've beaten the top team of the league, don't forget, so I'm happy!!!
    3) We've Champions Cup, semi-final, and now Sportsground extra-game to celebrate for the boys like Carr, Muldowney and Naoupu so I'm happppppppppppppppy

PS happy for Zebre too, we won't have cost them their spot for next European big competition in the end!
    Youhooo enjoy a little bit what we acheived, before thinking to next move, guys

• Advertisement

hear you. lets just glory in this for a bit
    Oh, come on I'm turning into you, saying the same thing at the exact same time??? You ruined my night (just kidding Billy :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I thought AJ and Aly were fantastic today
    Dillane was my MotM though, the way he is able to stop mauls almost single-handedly is jaw-dropping

Madness, at one point our front row was McCartney, Heff and Aly :eek:
    Also Heenan played at Scrum Half for one of our scrums:P

Finlay looks gone for the season, don't think he knew where he was walking off the pitch .
    Was it a broken nose with Rodney or something- hopefully he should be okay for 2 weeks you'd hope.
    Are Nathan and Denis 100% out for Glasgow game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

wp_rathead wrote: »
    I thought AJ and Aly were fantastic today
    Dillane was my MotM though, the way he is able to stop mauls almost single-handedly is jaw-dropping

Madness, at one point our front row was McCartney, Heff and Aly :eek:
    Also Heenan played at Scrum Half for one of our scrums:P

Finlay looks gone for the season, don't think he knew where he was walking off the pitch .
    Was it a broken nose with Rodney or something- hopefully he should be okay for 2 weeks you'd hope.
    Are Nathan and Denis 100% out for Glasgow game?
    Yeah I've noticed that when Dillane is on the pitch, the maul defence is a lot stronger because he can nearly hold a maul by himself, incredible strength.

Rodney was a concussion I think, he was smiling and shaking his head going off but he was down and out for a bit when he took the hit.
    It's hard to see either of White or Buckley making a recovery in the next 2 weeks but we can hope. Besides that just hope that Loughney and Rodney aren't too bad.
    The lads are right though, we'll worry about the injuries during the week at some stage. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I sometimes think Jim Neilly is biased (and I'm an Ulster supporter) but BBC Scotland's lead commentator really takes the biscuit. This was one of the most one sided commentaries I've ever witnessed. He actually had to be told by John Beattie that the head charge was a head and not a shoulder charge. Unbelievable.

From my experience over here there's an incredible amount of arrogance and bitterness in the Scottish rugby support in general. They really only have two positions on their rugby teams - when they win they are convinced the good days are about to roll again and are very belittling towards their opposition, when they lose they become bitter and paranoid, refs always against them, beset by bad luck, other team crap but fortunate to win (Today it was the weather and the ref I'm hearing). That really feeds into their media also as we saw today.

rodney played so well. watching finlay going off it was the same watching nathan leaving the field. wow but we are down to bare bones. we need players to stand-up.

Muldoon is simply immense. 1 to 15 what a team. IMO mcginty. Always said he is fab but he simply is fab. And shane wasnt shabby either but i like aj.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 barry rainey

well done connacht,the sending off was correct ,he let his team down ,would say more but would just sound like sour grapes so wont ,looking forward to next game

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/6vn0.mp4
    Red Card is made all the worse by the fact it would have been a Glasgow penalty if he hadn't done that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Awesomeness ........nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Absolutely fantastic win. The defence was super and some lovely big hits too. Bundee is on another level. AJ is was superb along with all of the team. We haven't been playing this late in the season since Toulon rocked into town.
    I'll talk about injuries at a later date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Monday for season ticket holders. General sale Wednesday.

It looks like the link for season ticket holders is live at the moment

Except health reason or All-Black call, even with McCloskey, Henshaw, Fitz, Ringrose, Olding, I can't see how Aki can escape to Irish cap in November 2017..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

BrokenMan wrote: »
    It looks like the link for season ticket holders is live at the moment

Someone's made a mistake, but I have mine purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

Don't suppose you purchased an extra one for me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

b.gud wrote: »
    Don't suppose you purchased an extra one for me :pac:

My extra was already bagged, sorry. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Only option I have when I log in is next season's ST, which I already have...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

My extra was already bagged, sorry. :P

Figures as much, but gonna be chancing my arm everywhere possible until I get sorted :)

Out of curiosity how many tickets do season holders get?

Zzippy wrote: »
    Only option I have when I log in is next season's ST, which I already have...

Did you follow the link k in the email?

Did you follow the link k in the email?

I did now, have them sorted, cheers

b.gud wrote: »
    Figures as much, but gonna be chancing my arm everywhere possible until I get sorted :)

Out of curiosity how many tickets do season holders get?

Two. If all the STHs order 2 there may not be many left to go on general sale...

they must have closed it as just Season Tickets for sale now when I follow the link..

EDIT: got them sorted

• Advertisement

It's labeled as the season tickets but when you follow it its for the semi final.

wp_rathead wrote: »
    they must have closed it as just Season Tickets for sale now when I follow the link..

I clicked on that link when I logged in and it gave me the option to buy tickets for the semifinal, have them downloaded now

Glad that no matter my mental stuff aj delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yup, got mine too, thanks for the info. You can buy up to 12 too, bit unfair for non-season ticket folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Yup, got mine too, thanks for the info. You can buy up to 12 too, bit unfair for non-season ticket folks.

Fairly certain it's only 2, that's all I could purchase anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭maroondog

MayoForSam wrote: »

Season ticket holders can buy up to 12, that correct?? Be virtually none so to go on general sale then.

I kinda love this stuff. Credit to Rodney. He has been under the eye. He did well

maroondog wrote: »
    Season ticket holders can buy up to 12, that correct?? Be virtually none so to go on general sale then.

2 for each season ticket. I've got 3, mine and 2 kids, so could have gotten 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Think I had a limit of two but I'm a student season ticket so that could explain it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

2 for each season ticket. I've got 3, mine and 2 kids, so could have gotten 6.

I have 2 adults and 4 juniors for next season, so I could have bought 12 (I got 3 adult and 4 juniors).

• Advertisement

Aj my favoured. Did you do well :-). Shane what a cross kick to tiernan. Did you do well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Is the glitch still there because I can't get access to it on the STH domain given under special purchases tab?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

its_phil wrote: »
    Is the glitch still there because I can't get access to it on the STH domain given under special purchases tab?!

Did you click into the actual season ticket in special purchases? I had to click next season's ticket and they showed up under it.

What a tackle by toh on 77 minutes

There is nobody alive on these forums other than Connacht supporters :-)

Billy you're drunk? (after such a result it's a compliment :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Players player of the year, supporters players and back of the year bundee akI

Forward of the year muldoon

Academy player of the year Sean O'Brien

Team man of the year Ronan Loughney

Try of the year Caoilin Blade v Ulster

U20s Conan O Donnell

U19s Cillian Gallagher

U18s David Robb

connachta wrote: »
    Billy you're drunk? (after such a result it's a compliment :p)
    Yip, never in me life have I felt better. No beer could even come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

its_phil wrote: »

Did you click into the actual season ticket in special purchases? I had to click next season's ticket and they showed up under it.

Yeah, says no fixtures.

Looks like they've fixed it since...otherwise I'm going to be raging if I don't get Clan.

Cheers though

• Advertisement

ClanofLams wrote: »

U18s David Robb

Certainly a stupid question as Peter Robb comes from Leinster sub-academy, but any relation?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement