Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭testtech05

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Anyone got any yet that went online this morning?

I managed to get 2 just after 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

testtech05 wrote: »
    I managed to get 2 just after 9am.

D9rb3fU.jpg?fb

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

I am now getting this.
    "We are sorry but an error occured. If the error keeps repeating please contact support.
    All unauthorised access attempts are being logged."

lostboy75 wrote: »
    I am now getting this.
    "We are sorry but an error occured. If the error keeps repeating please contact support.
    All unauthorised access attempts are being logged."

I've seen about 8 different error messages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

I might try ringing the branch and asking do they know when the website will be back up. Luckily I'm off today but it would still be an awful lot of hassle to have to go in and queue up compared to just buying them online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Connacht must only pay tech support until the last day of the regular season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Annoyingly, it seems that away team supporters can log on to the same site and purchase tickets no problem. Up to 8 per purchase, any part of the ground they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Annoyingly, it seems that away team supporters can log on to the same site and purchase tickets no problem. Up to 8 per purchase, any part of the ground they want.

Well that is an absolute disaster. If the Clan is anything but green, the branch will be mortified

Tickets sorted
    13KItmwXE01oZy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

I finally got in and looks like none left for Clan and could only get 1 for Main... ended up with 3 for College Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Link?

Can we buy those tickets?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

SUCCESS.

giphy.gif

For one brief heart attack moment, it looked like Clan Terrace was sold out but a refresh sorted that one out.

Everything printed as well so no one can deny me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Robbo wrote: »
    SUCCESS.

giphy.gif

For one brief heart attack moment, it looked like Clan Terrace was sold out but a refresh sorted that one out.

Everything printed as well so no one can deny me.

ah I should have refreshed but was afraid ha... just delighted tickets are sorted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

Just got 2 for the main terrace there... and unclench.

Could only get main! Checked Glasgow forum and yes they could buy from nine, and most of those that posted that they bought tickets, said bought in the clan stand.
    They should never even be given that choice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Glasgow have 500 tickets available in each area (Main, Clan, bohermore, college rd)- so 2,000 tickets overall (approx 25%)
    I don't see them taking all of them so should be more available Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Pat is at the sportground giving out cups of tea, coffee to those that are queueing

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Glasgow have 500 tickets available in each area (Main, Clan, bohermore, college rd)- so 2,000 tickets overall (approx 25%)
    I don't see them taking all of them so should be more available Wednesday

Would it be worth buying tickets throw that the Glasgow website if that's the case? They'll hardly take all 500 for the clan!

Redo91 wrote: »
    Would it be worth buying tickets throw that the Glasgow website if that's the case? They'll hardly take all 500 for the clan!
    By the time you buy your Glasgow season ticket they would work out quite expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Could only get main! Checked Glasgow forum and yes they could buy from nine, and most of those that posted that they bought tickets, said bought in the clan stand.
    They should never even be given that choice!

Of course they should. If we can get tickets for the shed (the most hallowed of all rugby stands) then why can't they do the same
    This isn't soccer where we need to be seperated

• Advertisement

Redo91 wrote: »
    By the time you buy your Glasgow season ticket they would work out quite expensive.

I don't think you'd need a season ticket, from the sounds of their website statement on tickets you'd just need someone who was willing to share the link
    Tickets for this match will go on sale at 9am on Monday 9 May and Season Ticket Members and previous ticket purchasers of Glasgow Warriors will be emailed details tonight about how to purchase tickets for this match.

Any supporters who have not received correspondence by 10am tomorrow (Sunday) should contact ticket.centre@sru.org.uk, who will assist from 10am on Monday 9 May.

To ensure that Warriors supporters have first access to tickets, supporters are asked not to share the ticketing link online or with home supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

Ya you're right I think. I can't join their forum for some reason, was gonna ask for a sneaky link! Doubt they'd send it on though

Decided it wasn't worth the hassle so went for the main stand for in the end. Could be worth looking into for those who haven't taken the plunge yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Just remember that this is a Pro 12 gig and Connacht are hosting it. so all the terms and conditions were set by the Pro 12 and not Connacht

I am usually first to put the boot into Connacht set up at times but this is/was a Tickets.ie and Pro 12 issue

evil_seed wrote: »
    Of course they should. If we can get tickets for the shed (the most hallowed of all rugby stands) then why can't they do the same
    This isn't soccer where we need to be seperated
    I have been a season ticket holder for the last few years, every time in the clan. This will be my first time having to watch from the main. I am just a little p'ed off over that.
    I am not having a go at the branch at all. But am at tickets.ie and wonder how the Glasgow fans could buy their tickets this morning for the clan while I could not use the site until it had sold out.

Edit. I'm just cranky about this, I have my tickets, so it's all good really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

I tried..meh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

We just need to lock a few of the lads in the gym for the week with some scrap metal and a welder, A-Team style, to construct a new stand.

Rodders can be BA, Pat can be Hannibal, there's Howlin' Mad Muldoon and Kieran Marmion as Faceman.

Ah now TOH would be the faceman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Got 2 tickets for Bohermore Terrace in the end. Bit annoying as I've had a season ticket for the Clan for the past few years but couldn't access the website this morning. Then I heard it was sold out. Only option left when I could finally get though was the terrace. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Let's see the good parts of it

1) If we have faced Ulster or Leinster, the 2000 allocated away tickets would have gone. Most won't and be back to general sale I guess

2) The clan fans will be spread around the stadium, will be rocking everywhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

b.gud wrote: »

Pat sums him up:

“You can truly say that boy is a Connacht man."

A couple of the lads were posting photos of the queues this morning, I'd say they must be really buzzing with the demand and anticipation that there is around the semi final

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

So the Main and Clan stands are already sold out? Just from the season ticket holders alone? Crap, can't bare the terraces at either end of the pitch. Can barely see anything standing in them.

its_phil wrote: »
    b.gud wrote: »

Pat sums him up:

You can truly say that boy is a Connacht man."

With Jake, Rory Parata, Tom, Pat and him, I wonder if we could relocate the semi-final and have 20 000 people in a New-zealand stadium. Saracens did it in South-Africa, London Irish in the US, it's not that crazy!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

So the Main and Clan stands are already sold out? Just from the season ticket holders alone? Crap, can't bare the terraces at either end of the pitch. Can barely see anything standing in them.

At this rate there won't even be any tickets left to go on sale to the general public on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

At this rate there won't even be any tickets left to go on sale to the general public on Wednesday.

Doubt it, but there will be when Glasgow send back whatever unsold tickets they have left over. Can't see more than a few hundred coming from Scotland for it, at most..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I'd say whatever there are left will go fast. Assuming that there are 7800 tickets
    7800 - Glasgow (500) = 7300
    7300 - sponsors and VIPs and Staff and Families etc (guessing 400) = 6900

I doubt any STH got less than the minimum amount they were entitled do. Guessing there are between 2k and 3k STHs, which equates to 5 - 6 thousand tickets.
    So that leaves no more than 1 or 2 thousand tickets for general purchase.
    If I was looking for one I'd be standing in a queue with an internet connection bright and early on Wednesday...

On the bright side, can't believe we have progressed so much that we are actually having this problem (4 sold out games in a row!)...

beats the sh!te out of being dressed like a fisherman standing on the clan side, before it was built, being worried about hyperthermia...

Zzippy wrote: »

Doubt it, but there will be when Glasgow send back whatever unsold tickets they have left over. Can't see more than a few hundred coming from Scotland for it, at most..
    connachta wrote: »
    Let's see the good parts of it

1) If we have faced Ulster or Leinster, the 2000 allocated away tickets would have gone. Most won't and be back to general sale I guess

Yeah that's why I've said Glasgow was the best home-semi final possible, because... it will be a real home semi. Interpro game wouldn't have been at this stage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I'd say whatever there are left will go fast. Assuming that there are 7800 tickets
    7800 - Glasgow (500) = 7300
    7300 - sponsors and VIPs and Staff and Families etc (guessing 400) = 6900

I doubt any STH got less than the minimum amount they were entitled do. Guessing there are between 2k and 3k STHs, which equates to 5 - 6 thousand tickets.
    So that leaves no more than 1 or 2 thousand tickets for general purchase.
    If I was looking for one I'd be standing in a queue with an internet connection bright and early on Wednesday...

On the bright side, can't believe we have progressed so much that we are actually having this problem (4 sold out games in a row!)...

beats the sh!te out of being dressed like a fisherman standing on the clan side, before it was built, being worried about hyperthermia...
    Somebody said earlier their allocation was 500 for each area so ~2k or about 1/4 of the capacity. They haven't a hope of selling more than a few hundred I'd think.

Somebody mentioned it earlier but I hadn't noticed this during the match, brilliant.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/729662439202160640

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Bazzo wrote: »
    Somebody mentioned it earlier but I hadn't noticed this during the match, brilliant.

Actually does anybody know what the story is when Bundee goes to number 8 in the scrum? I've never seen any fancy play come from it. I'd love to know if there's a secret move up their sleeve.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    Actually does anybody know what the story is when Bundee goes to number 8 in the scrum? I've never seen any fancy play come from it. I'd love to know if there's a secret move up their sleeve.

Team lines upin defence for Aki at 13 and cant see him. Creates a mis match or a gap as a player comes in when he shouldnt etc.

Was me, I found this amazing! Don't think his binding is totally legal though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Glasgow scrum half is offside there. Ref!

I think the idea is to get Bundee running at the 10 channel with Muldoon outside him if that is closed off, so they still have a big carrier to get some yards. Presumably Bundee is quicker/more dynamic so they think he's a bigger chance of getting a break before the flanker can cover him.

• Advertisement

The belief in your tight five has to be something else altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

That was on an uncontested scrum I think.
    So the idea was to get it out and move it fast.

that was a contested scrum in the first half

On top of what people have said above I think it's to get Bundee quick ball off the scrum platform. He's insanely good at beating defenders so if he ends up in a one on one with a flanker he he as a good chance of skipping past them. Even if he gets tackled he'll usually make a few yards and look for the offload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Its contested alright. Uncontested they normally just kinda lean into each other.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement