Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

I feel like this word requires a hyphen
    been there :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

wp_rathead wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in getting private bus and Ferry to Edinburgh for potential final have a look here and vote:
    http://www.connachtclan.com/clan-forum/5-flights-tickets-and-foreign-fields/28709-potential-edinburgh-bus-please-vote-again#44370

I'm very interested in this! I'm guessing you have to joint the Clan forum to vote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

b.gud wrote: »
    Was just coming to post a similar link. I really like they way they are talking about the new stadium. 10k seems like a reasonable amount, 1st preference is to stay where they are, potentially to gradually grow capacity as needed. Let's hope it works out

One big mistake in that article. Connacht don't rent from the Irish Greyhound Board, they are co-tenants with the IGB from the Galway Agricultural & Sports Society Ltd.
    Great that they're actively looking at options to expand/develop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

How often is there racing on in the sports ground?

salmocab wrote: »
    How often is there racing on in the sports ground?

IIRC it's 2 evenings a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Well one of them anyway

Owens

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭maroondog

Not exactly the resounding 'nothing to it' response Connacht supporters might have been hoping for from Pat there. I figured there might be an issue in that he might get the Ireland job if Schmidt decides to go next year (it's him or Kiss really) but to lose him even sooner would be very disappointing.

Also, I'd imagine the likes of Heenan would be quite disappointed having apparently been talked into sticking around by Pat a few months ago.

If Lam was to move on I doubt Bath would be the club he'd want, where head coaches have a short life expectancy. Since the new owner Bruce Craig came in 2010, he's gone through 4 coaches, not a patient man!!

Pat talks about process. He has explained over and over again that players can stand-in and replace another player as they understand the process. Utter muck. There is a quality associated with a player. You simply cannot go down to your bare bones and expect them to deliver at the top level because they understand the process. Does Shane play anyway like AJ. Not in the slightest. What is happening in Connacht is a freedom of expression. Watch our pack. They pushed Glasgow tackle by tackle. They love what they play because they are allowed to play as they want to play. There is no process. I just use Shane and AJ to prove the utter diverse plays within a supposed singular process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Pat talks about process. He has explained over and over again that players can stand-in and replace another player as they understand the process. Utter muck. There is a quality associated with a player. You simply cannot go down to your bare bones and expect them to deliver at the top level because they understand the process. Does Shane play anyway like AJ. Not in the slightest. What is happening in Connacht is a freedom of expression. Watch our pack. They pushed Glasgow tackle by tackle. They love what they play because they are allowed to play as they want to play. There is no process. I just use Shane and AJ to prove the utter diverse plays within a supposed singular process.

I'm really starting to think that you have no idea how rugby games or leagues are won. Or how team sports work in general. Do you understand that gathering a bunch of talented individuals together and telling them to go for it doesn't generally work?

Via a process I guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

maroondog wrote: »
    If Lam was to move on I doubt Bath would be the club he'd want, where head coaches have a short life expectancy. Since the new owner Bruce Craig came in 2010, he's gone through 4 coaches, not a patient man!!

Ford had 4 years there. Until this season, Bath had progressed steadily which was fine for Craig.

For the investment Craig is providing, he should expect a lot better than he saw this season though and Ford was rightly let go amidst rumours that the players had lost faith in him. Bath have one of the most expensively assembled squads in the league but finished a very poor 9th. I think most teams would have let him go.

If Craig wants to throw big money at Lam, he'll consider it just as any coach would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I don't think there is anything in the Bath/Lam "rumours" - anything I've seen is more along the lines of "Bath need a coach, here's a list of good coaches", and nothing to indicate that Bath are interested in or have contacted Lam.

Having to buy out two years of a contract when there are plenty of unattached coaches floating around would be pretty mental too.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

They love what they play because they are allowed to play as they want to play. There is no process. I just use Shane and AJ to prove the utter diverse plays within a supposed singular process.

Of course there is a process, Lam even said as much himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/connacht-rugby/there-was-blood-spread-all-across-the-dressing-room-neil-francis-recalls-a-time-when-teammates-dealt-with-a-thief-34728385.html

Personally, I think this will be used in future journalism courses as the epitome of absolute bull****, self-indulgent waffle ever written.

Not to mind the fact he finds it difficult to see Glasgow beat Connacht next week, despite saying we had no hope against them two weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/connacht-rugby/there-was-blood-spread-all-across-the-dressing-room-neil-francis-recalls-a-time-when-teammates-dealt-with-a-thief-34728385.html

Personally, I think this will be used in future journalism courses as the epitome of absolute bull****, self-indulgent waffle ever written..

Not to mind the fact he finds it difficult to see Glasgow beat Connacht next week, despite saying we had no hope against them two weeks ago.

I've seen allot worse from him!
    Wud not want to on the receiving end of a stiff right from Bundee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Personally, I think this will be used in future journalism courses as the epitome of absolute bull****, self-indulgent waffle ever written.

There is a filter for chrome that allows people to filter out rupert murdoch owned sites. If someone could write something similar for Hook, Francis and George I would part with money for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

freyners wrote: »
    If someone could write something similar for Hook, Francis and George I would part with money for it

How much are we talking here?

Is there or is there not a big screen going in Eyre square for Saturday, hearing mixed reports.
    Thanks
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Is there or is there not a big screen going in Eyre square for Saturday, hearing mixed reports.
    Thanks
    J
    Nothing mentioned on the Advertiser so I would say that's a big fat no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Nah sure they are not even letting people walk on the grass never mind gather and watch match on a large screen
    Shame as was fun watching the All Ireland there - hopefully they do something if we get to the final
    I like how Pat Lam is encouraging people who unable to get to game to host BBQs and host get togethers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Anyone else see the irony in Connacht making an announcement at the Aviva considering they have never played at that stadium. Could Leinster v Connacht be moved there next year?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Returned tickets going on sale tomorrow morning at 9am. Online only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Robbo wrote: »
    Returned tickets going on sale tomorrow morning at 9am. Online only.
    Whoever manages the servers at tickets.ie won't be sleeping much tonight so...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

Whoever manages the servers at tickets.ie won't be sleeping much tonight so...

I was cursing them on the Monday when they went on sale for STH but they really improved their system when they went on general release on Thursday which I thought was good for a short space of time

Big question tomorrow will be ronaldson or Robb. Both have had a great season. I expect ronaldson to get the 23 shirt based on the added value of kicking duties. Whoever gets the call it will be tough on the other

• Advertisement

That online system was abysmal last week,for at the worst tomorrow morning.

Big question tomorrow will be ronaldson or Robb. Both have had a great season. I expect ronaldson to get the 23 shirt based on the added value of kicking duties. Whoever gets the call it will be tough on the other

Could well be between O'Leary, Jack and Craig for the 22 jersey
    Robb or Parata then for 23
    Not a bad headache to have

Could well be between O'Leary, Jack and Craig for the 22 jersey
    Robb or Parata then for 23
    Not a bad headache to have
    by your comment you expect AJ to start (as I do). I think we will live to regret letting him go. Great going forward and his tackling is second to none. Loss of muldowney and mcginty will hurt us badly next year

Just had a look at my account and it doesn't look like the money came out of my account for the game tomorrow! Can't find an email either! I remember my balance going down when I got the tickets though. And a confirmation coming up on the screen. Feck it anyhow! In work now so can't go online for the sale at 9am! Going to ring the branch and see if any record of me buying the tickets is on their system. Sickened if I miss out at this stage.

Edit: If anybody knows anyone selling a ticket please PM. I'm willing to pay over the odds. Only missed one game all season so would be gutted to miss this!

Redo91 wrote: »
    Just had a look at my account and it doesn't look like the money came out of my account for the game tomorrow! Can't find an email either! I remember my balance going down when I got the tickets though. And a confirmation coming up on the screen. Feck it anyhow! In work now so can't go online for the sale at 9am! Going to ring the branch and see if any record of me buying the tickets is on their system. Sickened if I miss out at this stage.

Edit: If anybody knows anyone selling a ticket please PM. I'm willing to pay over the odds. Only missed one game all season so would be gutted to miss this!

Assuming you're an STH I don't think there's an email confirming the ticket. Log in to your ST account, cbirfu.seasontickets.ie, and check under "My Tickets" and on your season ticket to see if it shows up there

• Advertisement

The weather forecast is looking up.

Promised dry when the match is on.

Assuming you're an STH I don't think there's an email confirming the ticket. Log in to your ST account, cbirfu.seasontickets.ie, and check under "My Tickets" and on your season ticket to see if it shows up there

Ya just spoke to my friend who told me that. Still concerned that it isn't showing up in my bank statement though. It's over a week now since I paid. In saying that the money definitely came out initially from my account as I transferred across the bare minimum and I had no funds left after. Finished work at 3 so hopefully by then I can find a spare or better still I have my own bought already.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Ya just spoke to my friend who told me that. Still concerned that it isn't showing up in my bank statement though. It's over a week now since I paid. In saying that the money definitely came out initially from my account as I transferred across the bare minimum and I had no funds left after. Finished work at 3 so hopefully by then I can find a spare or better still I have my own bought already.

Did you check your STH account, if it's there print it out and then don't worry about wether or not the money came out

Did you check your STH account, if it's there print it out and then don't worry about wether or not the money came out

At work now but I'll check it first thing when I get home.

Teams:
    Connacht

15 Tiernan O’Halloran
    14 Niyi Adeolokun
    13 Robbie Henshaw
    12 Bundee Aki
    11 Matt Healy
    10 AJ MacGinty
    9 Kieran Marmion

1 Ronan Loughney
    2 Tom McCartney
    3 Finlay Bealham
    4 Ultan Dillane
    5 Aly Muldowney
    6 Eoin McKeon
    7 Jake Heenan
    8 John Muldoon (captain)

Replacements:

16 Dave Heffernan
    17 JP Cooney
    18 Rodney Ah You
    19 Andrew Browne
    20 Sean O’Brien
    21 John Cooney
    22 Shane O’Leary
    23 Peter Robb

Glasgow:
    15. Stuart Hogg
    14. Tommy Seymour
    13. Mark Bennett
    12. Peter Horne
    11. Sean Lamont
    10. Finn Russell
    9. Henry Pyrgos

1. Gordon Reid
    2. Fraser Brown
    3. Zander Fagerson
    4. Leone Nakarawa
    5. Jonny Gray (Captain)
    6. Ryan Wilson
    7. Simone Favaro
    8. Josh Strauss

Replacements

16. Pat MacArthur
    17. Ryan Grant
    18. D'arcy Rae
    19. Tim Swinson
    20. Adam Ashe
    21. Grayson Hart
    22. Duncan Weir
    23. Taqele Naiyaravoro

Connacht team to face Glasgow Warriors, Saturday 21st May, the Sportsground, 6:30pm
    15 Tiernan O Halloran
    14 Niyi Adeolokun
    13 Robbie Henshaw
    12 Bundee Aki
    11 Matt Healy
    10 AJ MacGinty
    9 Kieran Marmion

1 Ronan Loughney
    2 Tom McCartney
    3 Finlay Bealham
    4 Ultan Dillane
    5 Aly Muldowney
    6 Eoin McKeon
    7 Jake Heenan
    8 John Muldoon (captain)

Replacements:
    16 Dave Heffernan
    17 JP Cooney
    18 Rodney Ah You
    19 Andrew Browne
    20 Sean O Brien
    21 John Cooney
    22 Shane O Leary
    23 Peter Robb

Injured/Unavailable: Denis Buckley, Nathan White, Conan O Donnell, Ben Marshall, Nepia Fox-Matamua, Eoghan Masterson, Dave McSharry, Api Pewhairangi, Danie Poolman, Darragh Leader, Ciaran Gaffney.

I would have hoped for Ronaldson to be there somewhere, even the bench, for his goal kicking.
    This is knock out.

Apart from that, the only potential first teamers on the unavailable list are Buckley, Fox-Matamua and Masterson. Given that I wouldn't have any issues with our back row named that is excellent after the injuries we have had all season.

I'd have this a real 50/50 game and the craic should be 90 in the Sportsground.

CONNACHT ABU!!!!

McKeon 6 and Muldoon 8 seems bit backwards

Doesn't really matter either Bundee or Marmion will be at the base for scrums :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Was just gonna post the same thing. Wonder what the story is there?

Did the tickets sell out this morning? Anyone know how many they got back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Zzippy wrote: »
    Did the tickets sell out this morning? Anyone know how many they got back?

All sold out this morning. I'd say they picked up a couple hundred extra.

its_phil wrote: »
    All sold out this morning. I'd say they picked up a couple hundred extra.

That all? That would mean a LOT of Glasgow fans travelling over...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

I thought I read they had returned all bar clan stand tickets before the general sale started here. Which would mean about 400 travelling fans I think.

Some Glasgow fans went for the Main Stand again, I'd expect say 500-600
    But a good few Connacht fans were able buy tickets from Glasgow allocation aswell hence why not many were returned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

A lot of Glasgow tickets went to Connacht supporters I think - the link for Glasgow tickets was posted on Connacht Clan before the public sale so it was a free for all for 12 hours or so. I'd say there's only a few hundred actually travelling from Glasgow for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

How did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

I don't know, very rough guestimate with zero evidence backing it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

its_phil wrote: »
    I don't know, very rough guestimate with zero evidence backing it up!
    Rob Murphy in gbfm last night said approx 700 Glasgow fans. How many if those are Connacht fans in their allocation I don't know

Apparently we strike fear into the hearts of Saracens :)
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/connacht-rugby/mccall-keen-to-avoid-meeting-connacht-in-cup-defence-34731150.html

Wait do they have hearts???

• Advertisement

Got sorted in the end. Thanks a million for your help! I was really starting to panic there. On the plus side this has made me look forward to the game even more (didn't think it was possible) since I thought I might not be able go earlier!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement