Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am going to BURST before kick off!:P

Go Green For Connacht
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We encourage all Connacht Rugby supporters to wear green to the game tomorrow and Go Green For Connacht. OUR TEAM. OUR COLOURS. #GOGREEN4CONNACHT

The #GoGreen4Connacht March
    There will be a #GoGreen4Connacht march to the Sportsground tomorrow for the game. The march, led by Eddie the Eagle and his band of drummers will leave from the West End at 16:00, making their way through the Latin Quarter at 16:15, Shop Street at 16:30, Eyre Square at 16:45 and arriving at the Sportsground for 17:00.

Join Eddie the Eagle and make your way to the Sportsground early to soak up the atmosphere.[/font]

ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=HSZN0Ha5jxfgU%2fny1o08lqg7YuN4xHoUcy5sfQf%2fNRw%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2ffiles.ctctcdn.com%2fc7c0abcc001%2fe96d3348-8b16-4ce4-b0f5-28f9542cbbd0.jpg

S.gif

S.gif

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kick-Off[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Connacht Rugby take on Glasgow Warriors in the Guinness PRO12 semi-final tomorrow the 21st of May at the Sportsground, kick-off 18:30. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gates Open[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gates will open at 16:30, which is two hours before kick-off.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stadium Access[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Entrance to the grounds is via College Road. Please ensure you access the ground using the correct entrance gate. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If your ticket is for the Main Stand Terrace, Enclosure or College Road Terrace, please enter via the Main Stand Entrance. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If your ticket is for the Clan Stand Terrace or Bohermore Terrace please enter the ground using the Clubhouse Entrance. Click here for a map of the Sportsground.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stand and Terrace Access[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may only access the area of the ground that your ticket has been purchased for. Unauthorised access of an area other than that which is marked on your ticket will result in immediate expulsion from the ground. Fraudulent use of tickets will result in immediate expulsion from the ground.[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

Nearly every week the game played has broken new ground for Connacht rugby. But now it doesn't get bigger. Knockout rugby. Feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement. Go the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

Redo91 wrote: »
    Got sorted in the end. Thanks a million for your help! I was really starting to panic there. On the plus side this has made me look forward to the game even more (didn't think it was possible) since I thought I might not be able go earlier!

Good stuff

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'm sure you've all got your emails but remember to print off your tickets for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Don't think I've ever been this nervous before a game. Can't imagine what the players are feeling.

• Advertisement

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Don't think I've ever been this nervous before a game. Can't imagine what the players are feeling.

in my life I have never felt so nervous. and was I nervous when I got married. nothing like this.

Game day
    13KItmwXE01oZy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Dry weather, bad start to the day from a Connacht perspective. Could do with a nasty shower before kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

nobbo wrote: »
    Dry weather, bad start to the day from a Connacht perspective. Could do with a nasty shower before kick off.
    with Matt and Niyi on the wings, not such bad news

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

connachta wrote: »
    with Matt and Niyi on the wings, not such bad news

I'm just a Munster fan with a soft spot for Connacht, but you really cant want an open game of rugby today?

I don't think too many teams would want the Glasgow back 3 running at them on a dry day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

nobbo wrote: »
    I'm just a Munster fan with a soft spot for Connacht, but you really cant want an open game of rugby today?

I don't think too many teams would want the Glasgow back 3 running at them on a dry day.

Connacht's style of rugby doesn't exactly lend itself to a wet day either, and hasn't for a couple of years. Whatever happens today it'll be a great game of rugby I'm sure. Nervous now but looking forward to it, Connacht abú!

Ci6YCv2XAAEaDf7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Thine rain doth be here

Ah its a shame its on in Edinburgh.

Checked for flights and there's none available, only ones involved a 22 stay in London.

Accommodation is none the better, prices starting at e400 for a BnB for two nights.

Its not as if you could have booked it before today so it's a shame really( a weeks notice isn't much help either)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The cost of Edinburgh is astronomical. Bus and boat from Belfast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

https://sales.citylink.co.uk/CitylinkWeb

£32 day return Belfast to Edinburgh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Try looking for accommodation in Glasgow, it's a reasonably short and inexpensive train ride away.

Flights were OK from Belfast a wee while back, not sure now (cba checking, I got mine ages ago! ;))

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Win it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Congrats folks. That was tense at the end. Might see a few of ye over there next week. Check out AirBnB for places in either Glasgow or Edinburgh. Got an apartment in Edinburgh for 6 if us at 120 each. Not cheap, but not extortionate either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

awec wrote: »
    Win it please.

Why don't you show your support by changing your Avatar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Hagz wrote: »
    Why don't you show your support by changing your Avatar?

Leinster season ticket holder. Ye're doomed lads :D

Niyi, Robb, John Cooney, Tom, Brownie, SOB, John Muldoon, Heenan, Ronan, Ultan, Eoin, and Bundee have all together missed 1 tackle and completed 60! Gosh I LOVE THAT TEAM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Niyi put in some serious tackles in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He's been immense this year. Certainly outshone Healy for the last stretch of the season.

I was really impressed by him this evening, he's come so far since joining Connacht.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭seanin4711

bananas prices on everything now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Right, the question is no longer "are we going to Edinburgh?", it's now "how do we get to Edinburgh?". What a season! The fairytale continues... Best atmosphere ever today. Glasgow fans were great, very gracious in defeat. Team were outstanding, yes things to improve on, but we dominated possession and territory and no one could say we didn't deserve to win it. Glasgow are a serious team but were made to look fairly ordinary. Pat Lam is a feckin genius!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

It's 1:25 am and I am still hoarse. That was just brilliant, one of the great days of sport in the west of Ireland. Can't wait for Edinburgh next weekend now.

Zzippy wrote: »
    Right, the question is no longer "are we going to Edinburgh?", it's now "how do we get to Edinburgh?". What a season! The fairytale continues... Best atmosphere ever today. Glasgow fans were great, very gracious in defeat. Team were outstanding, yes things to improve on, but we dominated possession and territory and no one could say we didn't deserve to win it. Glasgow are a serious team but were made to look fairly ordinary. Pat Lam is a feckin genius!

:D:D:D:D:D

How do we keep doing this. Its feckin insane. I am so loving this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

Something that impressed me is good finishing skills, showed it really well in his disallowed try.

I think a lot of NH wingers are very good at getting to the line but a little lack of skill in staying in, ball/body positioning and reaching out often makes the difference between a try and an opposition lineout.

Good to see.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

You can fly to Glasgow from Donegal. Fri to Sun for €140. If anyone is stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

What an unbelievable season, credit to all involved. Will definitely be in Edinburgh, already have it pretty much sorted, couldn't miss it.

What a legend Aki is by the way:
    https://youtu.be/ohEh2OjJHY0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

We need to get a charter arranged out of knock for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Ferry booked from Belfast (will be in Dublin Friday so will cut the journey a bit) for €177 for 3 people and a room in Glasgow for €80. Sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

At Hans Zimmer Thursday night so getting Eurolines at 7am Friday from Dublin Busaras, landing in Edinburgh via Ferry at 6pm
    Flying back Sunday from Edinburgh to Knock with Flybe

Have tickets for W22 in Murrayfield - hopefully that is close to where the Connacht S/T allocation is (I was gonna wait to get then but my sister got excited at final whistle and booked straight away :D )

• Advertisement

Interesting enough Dooley, Loughney and Menuargia who faced each other with the "A" in november (24-43 for the Eagles in Donnybrook), may well meet again in Final

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭redmca2

The Sunday Times has yesterday's attendance at 97,800!!!
    I'm sure it felt like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

This is quality. Aki, leading dressing room celebrations, some man

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ohEh2OjJHY0

Ahyou will likely be cited and is not an impact player anyway
    Doesn't matter much

Start with Lough/Mc/Bealham
    Loughney off 60th min, J.P Cooney on,
    Bealham off 70th min, Heffernan on, McCartney as LH, J.P moved to 3 (as happened in the 2 Glasgow legs)
    And if needed, 78th min, McCartney off, Saba Menuargia on as TH, J.P back to LH.
    Problem solved, game won, simple as that:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Funk It wrote: »
    Full game now up on YouTube:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bF6QrI8qomg

Opens up a kascade song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

wp_rathead wrote: »
    At Hans Zimmer Thursday night so getting Eurolines at 7am Friday from Dublin Busaras, landing in Edinburgh via Ferry at 6pm
    Flying back Sunday from Edinburgh to Knock with Flybe

Have tickets for W22 in Murrayfield - hopefully that is close to where the Connacht S/T allocation is (I was gonna wait to get then but my sister got excited at final whistle and booked straight away :D )

Decided to cancel that and get Aer Lingus Friday morning Dublin to Glasgow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Charter Options
    Keller Travel, Official travel partner to Connacht Rugby, are looking into travel option for supporters. They will be taking calls to their office on Monday 23rd May. Please call (090) 964 2131 for Keller Travel to take your details and they will call supporters back with options in the afternoon based on numbers and demand.

GET CAlling!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

You can fly to Glasgow from Donegal. Fri to Sun for €140. If anyone is stuck.
    Very small plane and can't take off until the cows are cleared from the runway. The views after take off are fantastic and worth the money alone.

Are alll the flights from Aldergrove and George Best already booked to both Embrs and Glawsgow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

gally74 wrote: »
    Charter Options
    Keller Travel, Official travel partner to Connacht Rugby, are looking into travel option for supporters. They will be taking calls to their office on Monday 23rd May. Please call (090) 964 2131 for Keller Travel to take your details and they will call supporters back with options in the afternoon based on numbers and demand.

GET CAlling!
    Called them there l. They are on about organising a charter from Knock airport for a day trip. The guy I was talking to said it will more than likely cost in excess of €500 per person! That only includes flights and transfers. Ridiculous price and can't expect them to get many on that plane.

I had heard of a city link bus from Belfast to Edinburgh but that doesn't seem to be available on the morning of the match. Flights to Glasgow seem to have gone up now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

To those still looking at ways to to get to Scotland...

Ferry options available on Stenaline, there's a day return from Belfast, leaving at 07:30, back at about 1:30 or 2am Sunday morning @ £49.
    Also can do an overnighter with Sail & Rail on same website @ £60 if you have somewhere to stay in Glasgow or Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Redo91 wrote: »
    Called them there l. They are on about organising a charter from Knock airport for a day trip. The guy I was talking to said it will more than likely cost in excess of €500 per person! That only includes flights and transfers. Ridiculous price and can't expect them to get many on that plane.

I had heard of a city link bus from Belfast to Edinburgh but that doesn't seem to be available on the morning of the match. Flights to Glasgow seem to have gone up now too.

€160 Belfast to Newcastle seems to be the best remaining option. Train up from there is an hour and a half. Not exactly ideal, and still not cheap, but definitely a lot more affordable than the other options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Ryanair just put on flights there gone in 10 minutes. Sunday back still there for mad money. I am going on the a team advernture stena bus going to be mental. Fk me getting thefe is very stressfull

Also huge thanks to guys here and on clan especially the guy on about stena line we were going mental yesterday untill that plan worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

To those still looking at ways to to get to Scotland...

Ferry options available on Stenaline, there's a day return from Belfast, leaving at 07:30, back at about 1:30 or 2am Sunday morning @ £49.
    Also can do an overnighter with Sail & Rail on same website @ £60 if you have somewhere to stay in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
    That overnight option for £60 sounds alright! With Air b n b accommodation is the cheap part.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

jacothelad wrote: »
    Very small plane and can't take off until the cows are cleared from the runway. The views after take off are fantastic and worth the money alone.

Are alll the flights from Aldergrove and George Best already booked to both Embrs and Glawsgow?

They do a really nice rasher sambo in the "restaurant" too.

Don't know about Belfast but I looked at Derry, just out of interest, and there's no seats there either.

The plane Aer Lingus uses to fly to Glasgow/Edinburgh from Dublin isn't much bigger than the one that flies out of Donegal.
    It's probably too short notice to reschedule the bigger planes but that's probably part of the issue. It wouldn't take that many Leinster fans flying out of Dublin to fill the small planes they use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Those flights from Dublin aren't actually operated by Aer Lingus at all, it's Stobart Air, who are basically a franchise who pay to use the Aer Lingus branding. So, switching the aircraft to a mainline Aer Lingus Airbus wouldn't have been an option anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement