Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Connacht will need a TH signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

It's grand. They'll just steal one from one of the other provinces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Saba may get a development contract. Conor Carey is also coming from the championship and JP Cooney wansn't mentioned as one of the players leaving so he may be staying. Conan O'Donnell is also a good prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

evil_seed wrote: »
    Nathan White retirement on medical grounds

He was really shook when he came off in that game, he moved to conn when many hadn't, I hope he enjoys his retirement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Bazzo wrote: »
    Saba may get a development contract. Conor Carey is also coming from the championship and JP Cooney wansn't mentioned as one of the players leaving so he may be staying. Conan O'Donnell is also a good prospect.

Pat Lam said last night that Saba will be training with the senior squad come pre season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

Really feel for the guy and hope that it's not something that affects his life after rugby.

I did think something was up on Sunday when Pat said that Nathan couldn't make the homecoming

He's been a stalwart for us and has had a good career. He deserves a good retirement

nothing is worth risking your health for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

suspect that wont be an issue. any player thinking of northern hemisphere rugby is looking at Connacht.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

suspect that wont be an issue. any player thinking of northern hemisphere rugby is looking at Connacht.

well maybe connacht wont be allowed a NIQ TH?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Adbrowne wrote: »
    well maybe connacht wont be allowed a NIQ TH?

If Connacht aren't allowed sign an NIQ tighthead I'll organise the march on the IRFU myself

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Absolutely gutter if that is true.

As said earlier he moved to Connacht when not a lot of others would when his services probably would have got a lot more abroad. A right gentleman and a quality player

If true i hope he enjoys the retirement and has no long term ill effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2016/0602/792958-muldoon-henshaw/
    Muldoon wrote:
    "Robbie was quite emotional the other day when we won, he was quite upset, and he was delighted to hear the other lads telling him they would love to have him back and that this is his home.
    "I've no doubt in a few years' time Robbie Henshaw will be back in the green of Connacht."

Leinster have form letting players go home when they were homesick.
    Any chance they'd do it before he even plays for them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Yes please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Bundee

met sean o'briens aunt at the game. she was so proud. he's a real name for the future. ah feic it, we are all proud. still cannot remove the stupid grin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

The feelgood factor around Galway after the Connacht win is something to behold. Recently I thought this might a one-off season but now I think we can compete for years. We do need to buy the sportsground off the dog track crowd and build it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

ClanofLams wrote: »
    I wonder if Pat Mcdonagh or the Comer Brothers would like to purchase naming rights, stand or whatever!

Keep your mitts of the Comer brothers. They're not yours.

The feelgood factor around Galway after the Connacht win is something to behold. Recently I thought this might a one-off season but now I think we can compete for years. We do need to buy the sportsground off the dog track crowd and build it up.

or we cud buy a quality dog? I'd go with the rugby team meself. that said heard about this dog ted from oranmore, rave reviews. hard to decide. jeez this aint easy.

evil_seed wrote: »
    Nathan White retirement on medical grounds

A player like Strauss that arrived to Ireland with little to no fanfare, put his head down, worked his socks off and earned himself the call up.

Wish him all the best in post-rugby, I hope he's enjoyed Ireland as much as we've appreciated him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

I was thinking that the non-announcement of the new Kiwi lock may be linked with White... Need for a NIQ tighthead, IRFU blocked two NIQ, than Connacht had to retire.. Maybe still a IQ like Jerry Sexton or one of the released Leinster Academy 2nd row could be signed. Hope so. Dillane+Browne+Roux+Marshall, with just Qualter as backup is not enough to play Champions Cup. In addition, Ultan and maybe Quinn will miss on international duties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

They'll only be looking at us provided we can match the money being offered to the player from elsewhere in Europe.

Just becuase we played such great rugby and won the pro 12 doesn't meant players will be prepared to take a lower offer or anything to sign for us. It just means if us and say a mid table French or English team put in similar offers players might choose us ahead of them.

Anyone have any ideas of a potential tight head we could get in? You'd usually be thinking of someone from one of the big 3 down South but there must be a few decent Argies floating around too? Or a Georgian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Would the IRFU or some public body help with funding the buyout of the lease?

Either way its going to be costly to redevelop the sportsgrounds, if you are just adding a few thousand in capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

If we could get rid of the dog track could we make the pitch wider to give Niyi and Matt even more space to rip it up??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Highlights from the now famous Siberian game.

You can see why it was such a character building experience. If they can cope with those conditions they can cope with anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Most players thinking of NH rugby won't even be looking at Ireland.

LostArt wrote: »
    Most players thinking of NH rugby won't even be looking at Ireland.

but then anybody who happens to be looking at Ireland is looking west. happy times.

so impressed with the development of the team this year. So many great stories. Ultan Dillane is unstoppable and must be given a start in SA. Tom McCartney is just hugely impressive. Aly Muldowney, boy will we miss you. Finlay Bealham, how he has progressed. Two years ago Jake Heenan was simply a star. Two years later he is still a star but joined by many other stars. He continues to be brilliant but now a lot more players have reached his level. Its great. SOB or Eoin, fantastic. And Mull. We are blessed. If I had a choice of all provinces our 1-8 would remain the same. They know how to play a rugby game that no other provincial player could sit into and play. Then marmion, mcginty. Then henshaw, aki, then healy, niyi and toh. I'm sorry any other province would be happy to have them but we got them.

Good times ahead. Edinburgh again next year :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

:o

first time i got a chance to look at sky sports version of the game tonight. pride in pat lams face was worth it. he is a very special one

john muldoon is such a gent

ronan loughney, have a great wedding this weekend.

• Advertisement

Good lord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

WarZ wrote: »

Good lord.

Ah come on WarZ, this is post marriage equality referenum Ireland.
    Congrats to the happy couple I say, and hope they enjoy their big day.

No surprises but SOL, JP Cooney and Qualter all signed on for next year.

Rory Moloney promoted from the academy

Also the final list of outgoing players. Conor Finn added and hadn't seen his name on it before so thought I'd share it again:

Rodney Ah You, George Naoupu, Fionn Carr, Robbie Henshaw, Aly Muldowney, Jason Harris-Wright, AJ MacGinty, Ian Porter, Conor Finn, Api Pewhairangi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Lam quoted as saying recruitment is ongoing so hopefully one or two more players will be added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Was J-HW injured a lot? IIRC he was the starter 2-3 seasons ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Was J-HW injured a lot? IIRC he was the starter 2-3 seasons ago?

Yeah he's been out a lot with injuries. Think he has only made 2 or 3 appearances this season and not a lot more last season. Two good young prospects too in Heffernan & Delahunt. McCartney doesn't seem to get injured much as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is the Leinster complaint an actual thing? Because if it is :o

I really really really hope it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

:confused::confused: What complaint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

freyners wrote: »
    No surprises but SOL, JP Cooney and Qualter all signed on for next year.

Rory Moloney promoted from the academy

Also the final list of outgoing players. Conor Finn added and hadn't seen his name on it before so thought I'd share it again:

Rodney Ah You, George Naoupu, Fionn Carr, Robbie Henshaw, Aly Muldowney, Jason Harris-Wright, AJ MacGinty, Ian Porter, Conor Finn, Api Pewhairangi

10 out and only 4 coming in so far. Moloney looked good for the Ireland under 20s. Is he big enough to play at 8 ?

Zzippy wrote: »

Apparently Leinster complained about the welcome they got from Connacht fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Zzippy wrote: »
    Read on Connacht Clan that they complained too many Connacht fans were there when the Leinster bus pulled up to the stadium. If that's true it's mental.

Read on Connacht Clan that they complained too many Connacht fans were there when the Leinster bus pulled up to the stadium. If that's true it's mental.

That's absolutely hilarious and the worst bunch of sour grapes ever if true

Does sound like the result of a chinese whispers session but the posters bringing it up are credible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Haha, what a shower of whinging bar stewards... Not our fault if their fans didn't bother to turn up! :D that said a few of the Leinster players did look positively shook by the green horde awaiting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Oh for God's sake. The opposition fans were too loud. Should there have been separate drop off points for each team.
    Can't be serious surely.

• Advertisement

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    10 out and only 4 coming in so far. Moloney looked good for the Ireland under 20s. Is he big enough to play at 8 ?

Someone else will have to take that, I've seen him play only once this year so cant accurately assess.

I rate him but he will have to wait for the annual injury crisis to prove himself with the talent there already similar to connolly this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Leinster complained because there were too many Connacht fans? If you believe that you'll believe anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    10 out and only 4 coming in so far. Moloney looked good for the Ireland under 20s. Is he big enough to play at 8?
    Moloney isn't an 8. Never really has played there. Is a 7....
    The academy should be confirmed soon enough....

Once again completely made up by a section of Connacht supporters who can't just enjoy their win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

WarZ wrote: »
    Once again completely made up by a section of Connacht supporters who can't just enjoy their win.

What else was made up?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement