Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Looking forward to the Griff / Bundee partnership this season......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Griff / Bundee partnership this season......

Could be very special if they gel together well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

So is Nathan White finished or what?

Not in the squad, not listed as "non-playing"...

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Could be very special if they gel together well.

100% agree, the brute strength and force of Bundee with the skills and running lines of Griff....... bring it on !

I was thinking about how heavily we recruited at prop this time around. Seems like overkill to bring in 2 th unless they are still worried about him. He has been training but I don't know to what extent.

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    100% agree, the brute strength and force of Bundee with the skills and running lines of Griff....... bring it on !

Griffin is fantastic at running lines. Better than Henshaw but not as physical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The players that are listed as non playing are those who travelled but aren't playing.

Quite a few left behind in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

He's been involved in pre-season so as far as we know right now he is still a part of the team

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100424682

KBurke85 wrote: »
    The players that are listed as non playing are those who travelled but aren't playing.

Quite a few left behind in Galway.

That just begs the question as to why he was left behind.

I can see Roux and White are missing but who else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

That just begs the question as to why he was left behind.

I can see Roux and White are missing but who else?

They may not want him flying as some people can have reactions to flying after concussion. Prob giving him every chance to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

21 19 to Montpelier at the moment, fox matamua and Brennan with the last two tries. Brennan is a pretty good prospect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

ClanofLams wrote: »
    21 19 to Montpelier at the moment, fox matamua and Brennan with the last two tries. Brennan is a pretty good prospect
    Didnt Lam have him in the squad at some point during our traditional midwinter injury crisis? Ulster away maybe?

freyners wrote: »
    Didnt Lam have him in the squad at some point during our traditional midwinter injury crisis? Ulster away maybe?

Yeah he was about to come on with about 7 mins left and someone, Carty?, got yellow carded so he didn't get to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

b.gud wrote: »
    Yeah he was about to come on with about 7 mins left and someone, Carty?, got yellow carded so he didn't get to play

O'Leary was carded around the 70 minute mark followed by SOB II a couple mins later. That ****ing game is stuck in my head for all time, I was so sure that was gonna be the day we finally beat Ulster.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 whutwhat

A year or two at connacht for Kelleher will really speed up his development for his eventual return to dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

whutwhat wrote: »
    A year or two at connacht for Kelleher will really speed up his development for his eventual return to dublin.

1 out of 10 for effort there whutwhat, more embarrassing then disappointing really....:P

1 out of 10 for effort there whutwhat, more embarrassing then disappointing really....:P

the truth doesnt require effort, youre delusional if you think Kelleher will stay in Galway for his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

the truth doesnt require effort, youre delusional if you think Kelleher will stay in Galway for his career.
    no, not even going to nibble....., just looking at you, slightly embarrassed for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

It's okay, in 2 or 3 years we can swap him for Henshaw.

• Advertisement

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    It's okay, in 2 or 3 years we can swap him for Henshaw.

More than likely. Neither are staying put for the rest of their careers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

He may stay, he may not, its a professional game. If you think hes a 100% cert to go back to dublin though your being optimistic. He may choose to go abroad if he finishes with Connacht, he was absolutely character assassinated on some forums (not here) which may diminsh any yearning to wear blue. The money out there is far better too

• Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Looks like the first 3 games have no tickets available in the clan or main stand. Great to see tickets selling so well, while at the same time, DAMN IT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Looks like they are hoping to sell the last few main stand season tickets over the next few weeks.

There is going to be some buzz at the games this year, hope the performances can live up to it.

Jake Heenan got nasty hand injury last night, stud went through his hand.

Lama thinks he's a doubt for Glasgow game.

http://www.the42.ie/jake-heenan-doubt-connacht-hand-injury-2924234-Aug2016/

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Jake Heenan got nasty hand injury last night, stud went through his hand.

Lama thinks he's a doubt for Glasgow game.

http://www.the42.ie/jake-heenan-doubt-connacht-hand-injury-2924234-Aug2016/

Ouch, hope it's nothing too serious, he has no luck with injuries. At least Nepia is back in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Poor Heenan can't catch a break. It's like he's been cursed at this stage
    At least Foxy is back and crossing the white wash

Maybe that will happen, you just keep rejecting them and we will take them and turn them into Champions.... which is what we are. Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Good news: Boshoff rumour about concussion was nonsense, he's on the bench tomorrow for Golden Lions in Currie Cup.

Bad news: No early release for him it seems. Last round of Currie cup for Golden Lions is September 30, then potential semis and final on 7/15 October. Hopefully they don't make semis!

For anyone who's interested sportsjoe.ie have a pic of Heenans injury, it's not pretty but at the same time I'm not sure if it's as bad as I thought it would be

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/pic-connacht-flanker-jake-heenan-suffers-gruesome-hand-injury-ahead-of-new-season-graphic/90942

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I don't know what I was expecting but that was way worse than I thought it would be. I think I was expecting a small stud shaped hole in the middle of his hands. Like stigmata.

Hagz wrote: »
    I don't know what I was expecting but that was way worse than I thought it would be. I think I was expecting a small stud shaped hole in the middle of his hands. Like stigmata.

Funny I'm a bit the opposite, I'm not sure what I was expecting but I kinda feel like this isn't as bad as what I pictured in my head. Not saying it's just a scratch or anything but I had kinda convinced myself it was worse

Away jersey:
    11679_46854_10257.jpg
    11679_46854_10259.jpg
    11679_46854_10258.jpg

Well, I know which Jersey I'll be getting now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

So, extended summary for you guys, as there was no coverage;

30 seconds of nightmare, kick-off not taken, White junior (their scrum-half) ran to score with no opposition on the fringe of the 1st ruck

Then 80 minutes of very very good rugby. 7th Friendly game I attended, and this one was the most "accomplished performance" I've ever seen

Clearly a tight game against French Challenge Cup Champions, who are only 9 days from the 1st top14 match! We are 3 weeks away from ours! And we were without 70% of our "likely" 1st team. The lads were impressive. Much cohesion, very few missed tackles and knock-ons for an early friendly

Individually Niyi made a 50 meters breakthrough, making fun of 3-4 defenders, leading to the 1st try. Btw, this try was concluded by Brennan and Kelleher with impressing skills : quick pass and Cian getting through two defenders to gain the last 5 meters

McKeon (Eoin) was brillant as blindside, very commited to the tackles

Griffin looked a bit rusty, Aki was closely watched by defenders

Delahut played just 20, was good, as was Haffernan during the whole 1st half ball in hands (darts are still so-so)

McCoy was a good surprise for me, only conceeded two pens against NARIASHVILI, and every scrums were steady. Saba Meunargia was even dominant and gained ground ball in hands. The future is bright for TH, hope White will help them to develop further 1 more year;

I don't get why Carey was "non playing", he warned-up well beside Bealham, but his morphology is (for now?) not the same as Finlay's (to be clear : much more fatty).

Romaine is a young beast, Stevenson played 15 minutes and stole two lineouts.Fox has the ability to finish the (long) attacking phases which is important, and I can't see any issue if he (and Connolly) has to play 2 or 3 games in September

Bazzo wrote: »
    Well, I know which Jersey I'll be getting now :D

Don't forget the European Jersey is still to come and is supposed to be nice, according to Joycey

Yesterday, Boshoff came in 58th min
    Interestingly enough, nothing has changed from what I noticed on last year CurrieCup videos :
    He is placed as FB for defensive phases, smth Pat should keep going on for a weak defender, with good field covering (look at the 74th min) and monster kick. That would mean TOH/Rowland coming into the 1st defensive line. Why not?

Monster kicked aren't that rare in Ellis Park.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine there'll be loads of speculative articles like this over the coming months

http://the42.ie/2927362

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

b.gud wrote: »
    I'd imagine there'll be loads of speculative articles like this over the coming months

http://the42.ie/2927362

That's pretty much the only type of article the 42 run really.

stephen_n wrote: »

You need to check out more of Murray Kinsellas' articles on there. They are some of the best rugby articles you'll find anywhere on the web

Murray Kinsella and Neil Treacy - two of the best rugby writers around
    you're confusing 42 with Joe and Balls

The42 is an abysmal website and the main problem is that they post filler articles even when there is nothing to write about.

Kinsella is usually good but he has to contribute his share of fluff as well just to keep those clicks coming in.

• Advertisement

Not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Murray Kinsella and Neil Treacy - two of the best rugby writers around
    you're confusing 42 with Joe and Balls

They are good writers, but more than half the articles I've read from the 42 are conjecture with no substance. Murray Kinsella does great analysis, but he also ventures into the "informed opinion" pieces, which like the link posted earlier, aren't informed by anything.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea the 42 is a lot of garbage.

What was the old name for that site?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Evil_g

They are good writers, but more than half the articles I've read from the 42 are conjecture with no substance. Murray Kinsella does great analysis, but he also ventures into the "informed opinion" pieces, which like the link posted earlier, aren't informed by anything.

The link posted earlier was informed by a recent, apparently exclusive, interview with Bundee given to a Galway based journalist. The same article was published by RTE.

What are you informed by?

awec wrote: »
    Yea the 42 is a lot of garbage.

What was the old name for that site?

the score

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement