Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Over at the eagles match. Half the senior team seem to be in some form of boot or strapping

• Registered Users Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭connachta

Over at the eagles match. Half the senior team seem to be in some form of boot or strapping
    worrying. Names please?
    At least Cannon, Connolly, Parata and Poolman are there to step up, aren't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I was talking to a few and they said they were ok. Bumps and bruises but should be ok for next week.

Shame to lose but size of pack of opposition played a role... scrums in trouble all game.... though some of the club guys who were involved did well....

conroy especially?
    What about Cannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Evil_g

I was talking to a few and they said they were ok. Bumps and bruises but should be ok for next week.

Shame to lose but size of pack of opposition played a role... scrums in trouble all game.... though some of the club guys who were involved did well....

This is not an informative post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Evil_g wrote: »
    This is not an informative post.
    What?

What?

Sorry. Thought you were Connemara Man responding to Connachta's question:
    worrying. Names please?

connachta wrote: »
    worrying. Names please?
    At least Cannon, Connolly, Parata and Poolman are there to step up, aren't they?

Bundee TOH Ronaldson in boots into in sling

worrying. Names please?

Bundee TOH Ronaldson in boots into in sling
    Wow...Hope Robb is ok now, then.
    Back-three is not a worry
    We have the choice between Poolman 15 Cian 11 Ili 23 and Cian 15, Ili 11, Poolman/Parata 23
    Would prefer the first combo but you know, Lam choices...

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

One more game for Bundee and then rap him up in cotton wool until the next champions cup game. He will be the difference between qualification and not qualifying. Connacht have a serious chance of winning in Toulouse as they could very well be out of the picture then and won't give a ****.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

One more game for Bundee and then rap him up in cotton wool until the next champions cup game. He will be the difference between qualification and not qualifying. Connacht have a serious chance of winning in Toulouse as they could very well be out of the picture then and won't give a ****.

With Zebre in the group I reckon the last weekend will have three teams in with a shout of qualifying.

Adbrowne wrote: »

With Zebre in the group I reckon the last weekend will have three teams in with a shout of qualifying.
    If Toulouse lose next week, they are basically out. Won't win in Coventry.
    Hard for them, but I will cheer Wasps next week

Dawai's stat of the W-E tackles 22 missed 2:O
    didn't even know you can reach 20 tackles for a single man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Dawai's stat of the W-E tackles 22 missed 2:O
    didn't even know you can reach 20 tackles for a single man

Thierry Dusatoir made 38 once against New Zealand, but I think he was married at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hagz wrote: »
    Thierry Dusatoir made 38 once against New Zealand, but I think he was married at the time.

And I think he also scored a try. He made more tackles than the entire Kiwi team...

anyway 22 is not that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Hagz wrote: »

Doesn't Heaslip have a bit of a history making 20+ tackles?

EDIT: He made 24 vs NZ in 2013

http://www.the42.ie/jamie-heaslip-ireland-1193036-Nov2013/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Way too early to say that.

With the new format of the comp you can lose 2 games in your pool and still qualify.

The fact that Zebre are in the group means they could possibly even lose 3 games and still get 18 points. 18 points was enough to get a best second placed team in 14/15.

CatFromHue wrote: »

Way too early to say that.

With the new format of the comp you can lose 2 games in your pool and still qualify.

The fact that Zebre are in the group means they could possibly even lose 3 games and still get 18 points. 18 points was enough to get a best second placed team in 14/15.
    doubt you have a real likely chance to lose 3 and qualify (Exeter last season with 16 points, but top of the group, Ulster out with 17 or 18 points). And if Toulouse lose next week, they will lose 3, probably without BP in Coventry. 17 points max for them if Wasps does the job next week.

• Advertisement

TOH after the game

I know it's not a guarentee, but walking by himself like he is shouldn't mean a long-term injury

INPHO_01118226.jpg

Maybe enough to put him away from North-America tour though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

I know it's not a guarentee, but walking by himself like he is shouldn't mean a long-term injury

INPHO_01118226.jpg

Is that better? :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What a fabulous victory for Connacht! Done with great style too.

Good viewing.

INPHO_01118226.jpg

Is that better? :pac:
    To keep him in Galway in November? Probably, until some of Rowland/Leader/Poolman/Kelleher get decent training+Eagles gametime as FB...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

To keep him in Galway in November? Probably, until some of Rowland/Leader/Poolman/Kelleher get decent training+Eagles gametime as FB...
    Whoosh!

You seemed to be struggling to post the pic. So I fixed it for you. Is it better now? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cpositivity

I hate to put a downer on things but to me Tiernan's knee injury looked like an ACL tear. :( The weird thing about the ACL is that there's a lot of acute pain but athletes who tear it will often be walking with minimal pain five or ten minutes later. Everything else that happened matches too. He's been seen on crutches wearing a knee brace since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

I hate to put a downer on things but to me Tiernan's knee injury looked like an ACL tear. :( The weird thing about the ACL is that there's a lot of acute pain but athletes who tear it will often be walking with minimal pain five or ten minutes later. Everything else that happened matches too. He's been seen on crutches wearing a knee brace since.

Having done an ACL and seen too many people do it as well this is not true.
    The pain is excruciating and you are in no doubt that there is serious damage done.
    There is no way he would have been walking off the field like he did at the time of the injury.

Possibly 20 minutes later, but not at the time.
    If there was any chance that it had been done the medical team wouldn't be letting him walk around either.

I just found a decent quality replay and it actually doesn't look nearly as bad on second inspection. I thought he was in a lot more pain at the time but he looks okay. The original replay shot of him I saw at the time looked like he was in real agony. Probably not his ACL then. :D

However I will add I know a couple of people unlucky enough to tear an ACL who stupidly thought it was something they could run it off 5-10 minutes later. It'd really depend on the individual.

However I will add I know a couple of people unlucky enough to tear an ACL who stupidly thought it was something they could run it off 5-10 minutes later. It'd really depend on the individual.

Tough men.
    I cried like a baby that had just lost it's life savings on a horse that fell at the last fence when 20 lengths clear.

Oh, they cried like babies for most of the first five minutes too but the pain subsided surprisingly fast.

• Advertisement

Anyway, walked within 2 minutes so no ACL, small rest, escape American tour, fully fit for Wasps!

Whoosh!

You seemed to be struggling to post the pic. So I fixed it for you. Is it better now? :p
    I fix it by myself but thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Bumped into Finlay Bealham today, told him well done on a great game. He seemed genuinely delighted, really polite and humble. Genuinely nice guy...

Zzippy wrote: »
    Bumped into Finlay Bealham today, told him well done on a great game. He seemed genuinely delighted, really polite and humble. Genuinely nice guy...

"FISHING ENTHUSIAST CHARGED WITH HEAVY PETTING OF INTERNATIONAL PROP...more at six"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

mysticmick wrote: »
    Great game, now for some great Sunday (hungover) news! Word is Ultan has re-signed, not heresay, fact. Will be announced in the coming weeks.

This backs up a very positive rumour I've heard about Ultan and also Bundee

fatgav wrote: »
    mysticmick wrote: »
    Great game, now for some great Sunday (hungover) news! Word is Ultan has re-signed, not heresay, fact. Will be announced in the coming weeks.

This backs up a very positive rumour I've heard about Ultan and also Bundee
    Oh, would be such a double-stone in Connacht future Eden...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭b.gud

So apparently Jack Carty was the 2nd best performing outhalf in the Champions cup at the weekend

b.gud wrote: »
    So apparently Jack Carty was the 2nd best performing outhalf in the Champions cup at the weekend

Who'll the keyboard warriors, who understand nothing beyond place kicking, turn on now?

Pity Caolin Blade appears to be coming good just at the wrong time for them.

Hopefully one of the academy lads gets off to a rocky start.

That guy Evil_g is woeful, he's a terrible pundit, always giving hospital passes. Can't tackle for sh1t either. His post count stats are awful, I can think of a dozen fringe posters and academy boardsies who should be ahead of him. What's Pat Lam thinking at all playing him on boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Who'll the keyboard warriors, who understand nothing beyond place kicking, turn on now?

Pity Caolin Blade appears to be coming good just at the wrong time for them.

Hopefully one of the academy lads gets off to a rocky start.

I agree with you that Blade is improving with the run of games and against better opposition, but why do you think the timing is off?

• Advertisement

them = keyboard warriors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

b.gud wrote: »

I thought he had an excellent game. One of his best ever. A couple of mistakes but all 10s make mistakes. Some great tackling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

It's daft how much of a difference Ronaldson has made. He's been incredible. Aside from what he's done himself his return seems to have gotten the best out of Carty and Bundee.

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    It's daft how much of a difference Ronaldson has made. He's been incredible. Aside from what he's done himself his return seems to have gotten the best out of Carty and Bundee.
    It's easy to miss his influence at first glance, I always thought his return would lift the team to another level.
    The options he provides takes so much pressure of other players and heaps it on the opposition.
    He'll be massive for the Wasps games after he has a few more matches under his belt.

It's easy to miss his influence at first glance, I always thought his return would lift the team to another level.
    The options he provides takes so much pressure of other players and heaps it on the opposition.
    He'll be massive for the Wasps games after he has a few more matches under his belt.

It's notable that in the rare occasions that Craig, Bundee and Robbie (sigh) were available at the same time last year, Robbie starred at full back so that Craig could stay at 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It's notable that in the rare occasions that Craig, Bundee and Robbie (sigh) were available at the same time last year, Robbie starred at full back so that Craig could stay at 12.

Hey, at least the good news is that Robbie is available for his next Connacht game! That may be good news for a different set of fans but it's still good news... :D

Having Ronaldson and Browne makes all the difference to Connacht. They set up with Browne Ronaldson and Carty all swapping in at first receiver or having Carty and Browne near each other, all wanting to move the ball on all wanting to release bundee and the wingers. It keeps defences relatively stretched it's a joy to watch really

Hey, at least the good news is that Robbie is available for his next Connacht game! That may be good news for a different set of fans but it's still good news... :D

Link? I'd imagine the sure fire starters for NZ would be rested the week before, but he hasn't a lot of rugby under his belt either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Zzippy wrote: »
    Link? I'd imagine the sure fire starters for NZ would be rested the week before, but he hasn't a lot of rugby under his belt either...

Ya I say he has gotten approval to play - he was allowed play against Scarlets last season before start of 6 Nations..
    If he is then fair enough

I'm more worried about sitting in the North Stand - starting to get PTSD thinking about last year's conditions

• Advertisement

wp_rathead wrote: »
    I'm more worried about sitting in the North Stand - starting to get PTSD thinking about last year's conditions

I'm pretty sure I'm still drying out. You wouldn't get that back west ;):p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement