Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

BrokenMan wrote: »
    connachta wrote: »
    No I'm still saying unlikely, fighting for qualification (7th or unlikely 6th) is possible. Not my priority.
    Ref aren't against Connacht, except in Cardiff
    So no matter who the ref is, if its a match in Cardiff then they are against Connacht?
    it helps if it's Hodges or Poite indeed.
    But again my main point was : Cardiff will beat us in Arms Park for various reasons, including better quality. That's a clear prediction at least

Zzippy wrote: »
    Flip flopping like Donald Trump...

"And let me tell you something else,
    We are going to have the best top 6 of anyone else out there
    We are going to be huge in the top 6, big league
    All our guys, and they are the best guys at this,
    and by the way, they've all endorsed me, all 23, have endorsed me,
    not you, me
    But about top 6, Pat Lam has had 3 years to do it and he's only done it once,
    1 out of 3, that's three times more failure than success
    I mean, you have them right there
    right on your website, our entire team before the match even starts
    I would do such a sneak attack on cardiff, they wouldn't even know
    Let's make Connacht great again"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

"And let me tell you something else,
    We are going to have the best top 6 of anyone else out there
    We are going to be huge in the top 6, big league
    All our guys, and they are the best guys at this,
    and by the way, they've all endorsed me, all 23, have endorsed me,
    not you, me
    But about top 6, Pat Lam has had 3 years to do it and he's only done it once,
    1 out of 3, that's three times more failure than success
    I mean, you have them right there
    right on your website, our entire team before the match even starts
    I would do such a sneak attack on cardiff, they wouldn't even know
    Let's make Connacht great again"

that's actually uncanny....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/adrumm/irelands-underrated-xv/

If you were in any doubt as to to quality of pundit arena's journalistic value have a look at how they summarise Ronaldson and Leader.

PA -"Ronaldson has struggled to make the starting XV but made 12 his own this year after Henshaw left"
    Reality - Henshaw played at fullback instead of centre last year when Ronaldson was fit and Ronaldson has only played twice this year due to injury.

PA - "Leader has been playing second fiddle at provincial level to TOH all but remains a solid performer"
    Reality - he has been injured forever, well capable when he was fit but has hardly played 80 mins over the last year.

They talk some ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

I posted this in the match thread but figured I should post it here too

http://www.connachtrugby.ie/connacht-team-to-face-zebre-8/#ConnachtNews

Connacht team to face Zebre
    Sun 23rd October, kick off 16:15, Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi, Live on BT Sport / beIN Sport

(Connacht caps in brackets)

15 Cian Kelleher (5)
    14 Niyi Adeolokun (38)
    13 Peter Robb (19)
    12 Craig Ronaldson (53)
    11 Stacey Ili (2)
    10 Jack Carty (60)
    9 Kieran Marmion (107)
    1 JP Cooney (33)
    2 Shane Delahunt (19)
    3 Finlay Bealham (63)
    4 Quinn Roux (35)
    5 Andrew Browne (146)
    6 Sean O’Brien (21)
    7 Jake Heenan (38)
    8 John Muldoon (captain) (281)

Replacements:

16 Dave Heffernan (63)
    17 Dominic Robertson-McCoy (0)
    18 Conor Carey (3)
    19 Ultan Dillane (33)
    20 Eoin McKeon (91)
    21 Caolin Blade (26)
    22 Shane O’Leary (20)
    23 Bundee Aki (47)

Injured/Unavailable: Tom McCartney, Denis Buckley, Ronan Loughney, Ivan Soroka, Conan O’Donnell, Ben Marshall, Nepia Fox-Matamua, Eoghan Masterson, Rory Moloney, John Cooney, Marnitz Boshoff, Eoin Griffin, Matt Healy, Tiernan O’Halloran, Josh Rowland, Darragh Leader, Ciaran Gaffney, Cormac Brennan.

b.gud wrote: »
    I posted this in the match thread but figured I should post it here too

http://www.connachtrugby.ie/connacht-team-to-face-zebre-8/#ConnachtNews

Connacht team to face Zebre
    Sun 23rd October, kick off 16:15, Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi, Live on BT Sport / beIN Sport

(Connacht caps in brackets)

15 Cian Kelleher (5)
    14 Niyi Adeolokun (38)
    13 Peter Robb (19)
    12 Craig Ronaldson (53)
    11 Stacey Ili (2)
    10 Jack Carty (60)
    9 Kieran Marmion (107)
    1 JP Cooney (33)
    2 Shane Delahunt (19)
    3 Finlay Bealham (63)
    4 Quinn Roux (35)
    5 Andrew Browne (146)
    6 Sean O Brien (21)
    7 Jake Heenan (38)
    8 John Muldoon (captain) (281)

Replacements:

16 Dave Heffernan (63)
    17 Dominic Robertson-McCoy (0)
    18 Conor Carey (3)
    19 Ultan Dillane (33)
    20 Eoin McKeon (91)
    21 Caolin Blade (26)
    22 Shane O Leary (20)
    23 Bundee Aki (47)

Injured/Unavailable: Tom McCartney, Denis Buckley, Ronan Loughney, Ivan Soroka, Conan O Donnell, Ben Marshall, Nepia Fox-Matamua, Eoghan Masterson, Rory Moloney, John Cooney, Marnitz Boshoff, Eoin Griffin, Matt Healy, Tiernan O Halloran, Josh Rowland, Darragh Leader, Ciaran Gaffney, Cormac Brennan.
    we might be in trouble without Aki, but Robb 13 will at least bring proper defense
    Glad to see McCoy back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭testtech05

Poolman seems to have really fallen down the pecking order I thought he might get a look in this weekend but interesting to see how Stacey does from start. When is Danie's contract up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

we might be in trouble without Aki, but Robb 13 will at least bring proper defense

You should need planning permission to put that lad on the field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

I'm a little worried about that team. Whatever about winning or losing, I'm not so sure they'll be able to rack up the points difference that Connacht might need in the final tally.

NiallBoo wrote: »
    I'm a little worried about that team. Whatever about winning or losing, I'm not so sure they'll be able to rack up the points difference that Connacht might need in the final tally.

That's what the bench is for.
    If they are in the lead with 20 mins to go that bench can secure the BP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

testtech05 wrote: »
    Poolman seems to have really fallen down the pecking order I thought he might get a look in this weekend but interesting to see how Stacey does from start. When is Danie's contract up?

End of this season

my worry is not mainly about Robb (has Aki ever played on the bench? this guy never rest, starter or injured until now)

it's about the only two areas Zebre can match us : scrum (can J.P do the job?) and high balls/last defender (that's why I'd prefer Poolman rather than Kelleher/Ili

We are currently facing in London good old JHW and Gilsenan, + Jerry Sexton, future Connacht lock I hope..

Our 15 injured players would have helped our cause over there. Somebody knows why Cannon isn't in London BTW?

At least everyone in the province has adopted PatLam-style

[font=Arial, sans-serif]48: To their credit, Connacht are looking to play an expansive game. 22-3 L.Irish lead.[/font]

Eagles lose to London Irish 34-3
    JHW and Gilesean amongst their try scorers

Gilsenan didn't score

• Advertisement

Gilsenan didn't score
    Apologies I read this wrong:
    https://twitter.com/LiRFC/status/789835414500704257

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Gilsenan didn't score
    Apologies I read this wrong:
    https://twitter.com/LiRFC/status/789835414500704257
    I know I read it twice to understand it 2 hours ago :D

Our 15 injured players would have helped our cause over there. Somebody knows why Cannon isn't in London BTW?

Given Roux pulling out late last week I'd guess he the extra forward in Italy

Just read the European play-off rules page

changed massively from what it was 2 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

It's a joke! As if we don't have enough fixtures in the NH season already. It should go to the Challenge Cup winner or the next highest team from the challenge cup winner's league. Simple, end of.
    Also, the page(http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/champions-cup-play-offs.php) doesn't take into account what would happen if Enisei(or another non-league team) were to win the Challenge Cup?

It's a joke! As if we don't have enough fixtures in the NH season already. It should go to the Challenge Cup winner or the next highest team from the challenge cup winner's league. Simple, end of.
    Also, the page(http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/champions-cup-play-offs.php) doesn't take into account what would happen if Enisei(or another non-league team) were to win the Challenge Cup?
    Honnestly I'm not that bothered. It was forseen schedule at the origin during the negocitions. And Connacht did a bad start of the seaon, might finish 8th, and still have a chance to cause the upset against a team like Gloucester, Bath, Brive or Bordeaux

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Honnestly I'm not that bothered. It was forseen schedule at the origin during the negocitions. And Connacht did a bad start of the seaon, might finish 8th, and still have a chance to cause the upset against a team like Gloucester, Bath, Brive or Bordeaux

Upset? I'd expect us to beat all those teams.

Redo91 wrote: »

Upset? I'd expect us to beat all those teams.
    AWAY. it will be away.
    The negociation was about it

1) pro 12 obtained two teams in play-off
    2) French and English obtained home advantage
    3) Final reception decided by a draw, hope it will be made public

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Connacht website says this is on BT sport but I can't see it on any of the TV schedules?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Connacht website says this is on BT sport but I can't see it on any of the TV schedules?

On red button apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭testtech05

Zzippy wrote: »
    On red button apparently

Bt sport extra 2

• Advertisement

Good showing against Zebre.

Wasps looked a bit more human today, although our game plan might suit them.
    Toulouse up against it in the group now.
    Not a bad day!

If we get a minimum of 2 points out of the Wasps games, which won't be easy, we are in a very strong position.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Good showing against Zebre.

Wasps looked a bit more human today, although our game plan might suit them.
    Toulouse up against it in the group now.
    Not a bad day!

If we get a minimum of 2 points out of the Wasps games, which won't be easy, we are in a very strong position.

Assume TBP wins for everyone against Zebre. Connacht back to back with Wasps will decide everything.
    Connacht 14
    Toulouse 13
    Wasps 12

Adbrowne wrote: »
    Assume TBP wins for everyone against Zebre. Connacht back to back with Wasps will decide everything.
    Connacht 14
    Toulouse 13
    Wasps 12

It's worth noting those points totals would also give Connacht and Wasps a game in hand over Toulouse!

Have to say I'm delighted for Jack - he takes some amount of OTT criticism at times but he has been great the past 4 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I think having Ronaldson there to kick for goal has made a massive impact on Carty's general play. He's not nailing a crossfield like that at the start of the season. Even in poor games he has always been able to spot gaps, his defending has always been as good as any back we've had bar a few, but now he doesn't have the pressure of kicking points. I think it's done his confidence the world of good and it's great to think he could give Boschoff a real fight for 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

FFS Get real it was Zebre not the All Blacks , He will be back to the Water Duties when Boschoff Lands and thats for sure.

TimHorton wrote: »
    FFS Get real it was Zebre not the All Blacks , He will be back to the Water Duties when Boschoff Lands and thats for sure.
    We can't afford to have Jack pick up any knocks when he's starting 10 against Beauden and the gang imo. They'll do whatever they can to stop those cheeky grubbers.

How ya Tim, you've been awful quiet lately :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Heading to Galway for a gig on December third and we'd hoped to head to the treviso game. Do tickets usually get released closer to match day? Never had issues picking them up this far in advance before and didnt think the main stand terrace would be sold out for Treviso, as is currently reported on tickets.ie

Thanks.

This seems ominous and it was deleted fierce quick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Cveixy_WEAQwksT.jpg:small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I would assume he's going south again. He is well able to get himself into a black jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Wow. Guess that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭typhoony

This seems ominous and it was deleted fierce quick

that could mean absolutely anything, purely conjecture thinking it means something negative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Hagz wrote: »
    Cveixy_WEAQwksT.jpg:small

giphy.gif

Seriously though I'm not gonna worry about it. Enjoy the season with the players we have and whatever happens happens.

Ha.

No announcement from any foreign club in advance and a cryptic tweet on a Sunday night after an away win and probably a few beers...

Bundy hasn't gotten the deal that he wants yet from the IRFU. My guess is he is flying some kites. Next week his deal with Sarries will be *almost* finalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Your posting history of abusing Carty is trolling, plain and simple. Do not post about Jack Carty again or you will be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Ha.

No announcement from any foreign club in advance and a cryptic tweet on a Sunday night after an away win and probably a few beers...

Bundy hasn't gotten the deal that he wants yet from the IRFU. My guess is he is flying some kites. Next week his deal with Sarries will be *almost* finalised.

Bundee doesn't strike me as the type who uses his twitter account to fly kites. A deal may or may not be signed yet but I'd say those tweets are an accurate reflection of where the man's thinking is at the moment.

Bundee doesn't strike me as the type who uses his twitter account to fly kites. A deal may or may not be signed yet but I'd say those tweets are an accurate reflection of where the man's thinking is at the moment.

People were saying the same about Earls last year. Wait and see I guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Marc O Polo

From what I heard (pure rumours) bundie has more interest in playing for Samoa rather then the all blacks! Very little interest in playing for Ireland which I actually find quite refreshing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement