Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

From what I heard (pure rumours) bundie has more interest in playing for Samoa rather then the all blacks! Very little interest in playing for Ireland which I actually find quite refreshing!

Same............ lots of respect for him as a player, if he is honest about not wanting to play for Ireland I will have more respect for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Bundee's tweet whatever it was about has since been deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

I would still be hopeful that Bundee would stay.
    I can't for the life of me see why it would happen, but, if he moves to another province I will have a conniption.

Apart from that, if he leaves it'll be "Thank you very much and all the best!". We are gone past the stage of flagship signings in a mediocre team, and are about building a decent squad now. I'm sure Connacht have a cost/benefit analysis done on Bundee and we probably couldn't justify matching France/England financially. You'd hope we have more than money to offer for any player. It's up to him to make the right decision for him and his family, whatever that may be.
    If he leaves the silver lining will be that we'll have more money to develop and strengthen the team.

Longer term, as long as Carolan keeps doing a stellar job for us in the academy and we get one or two central contracts on the books (TOH, Niyi, Buckley and Bealham I'm looking at ye) we are facing the right direction.

BUILD BUILD BUILD - don't go bust!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Interesting to see mitch Lam played 12 against London Irish. If he fits in well in Ireland, he might be prepared to be the next Bundee...

I think having Ronaldson there to kick for goal has made a massive impact on Carty's general play. He's not nailing a crossfield like that at the start of the season. Even in poor games he has always been able to spot gaps, his defending has always been as good as any back we've had bar a few, but now he doesn't have the pressure of kicking points. I think it's done his confidence the world of good and it's great to think he could give Boschoff a real fight for 10.
    Totally agree. Asked earlier for releasing Carty from the tee-burden, and was delighted when Craig took and nailed the 1st touchline conversion. Carty looks so inspired in open play, when he can forget the "mind game". Could compete with Boshoff. The latter simply has to start when Ronaldson is off, Carty should never kick to the post again, and just focus on what he can be so brillant at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Great result yesterday :D Breakdown could still use some work. If Marmion wasn't so quick to the ball every time we'd have been in bother a few times and a better team than Zebre would have been making hay with all the unprotected rucks, but besides that a really good performance. Things started getting a bit broken up with the mass substitutions but that's to be expected. Thought DOC put it well on BT "A workmanlike performance from Connacht."

Bazzo wrote: »
    Great result yesterday :D Breakdown could still use some work. If Marmion wasn't so quick to the ball every time we'd have been in bother a few times and a better team than Zebre would have been making hay with all the unprotected rucks, but besides that a really good performance.
    Agree again. Even against 14-man Zebre we conceeded far too much turnovers. Main area to work on. And please, a fit Buckley until the end of the season. Please

Love how lost the commentator was about Poolman wearing a jersey without number. He had no idea who the guy was for 25 minutes and tried to go out of jail with "good move on the right side" etc... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Craig Ronaldson has been superb the last few weeks, he might be playing the best rugby of his career which is pretty insane considering six month layoff. If it was a different time he'd be in the Ireland squad but unfortunately for him, lot of centre options around at the moment.

Also I knows it's not much of a sample but his goal kicking has definitely never been better.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

murray kinsella reporting Aki is to sign a new contract with Connacht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

The 42 are reporting that bundee is set to sign a new contract, with a possible announcement within the next two weeks. Hopefully their sources are correct!

Edit: I was too slow off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

Bundee Aki set to sign new contract to stay with Connacht http://the42.ie/3044263

13KItmwXE01oZy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

It's great for Connacht if he signs but I hope to God he never plays for Ireland. Sick of this project player nonsense. We've enough good centres as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I trust Murray Kinsella over Pundit Arena, but still no named sources or quotes so i'll take this with grain of salt until any official confirmation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Clegg wrote: »
    It's great for Connacht if he signs but I hope to God he never plays for Ireland. Sick of this project player nonsense. We've enough good centres as it is.

I see you're not too fond of these things called World Cups, so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Clegg wrote: »

70018734a1cd5f298c5b7eedbfd6f5e5fd3443759662c30812f08029364a11eb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not getting my hopes up to be heartbroken again but also very exciting about Robbson as a centre partnership. A blissful state of pessimism I calls it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

wp_rathead wrote: »
    I trust Murray Kinsella over Pundit Arena, but still no named sources or quotes so i'll take this with grain of salt until any official confirmation

I generally would be the same but Murray is usually very selective about rumours that he prints and usually they've been right.

You're right though, nothing is official until the announcement but this is definitely making me feel a bit happier

Id say Bundee must be getting a central contract. No coincidence that the IRFU move on both him and Joe on the same day, must have been crunch time and they needed to pay out.

As I said yesterday, Bundee may have known a decision was immenent and wanted to fly a few kites to make sure there was no doubt about his willingness to walk. The fact he deleted the tweets only reinforces this. Good man, hope he gets all he deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Rumours today about Lancaster becoming Leinster's DoR. That alongside the Schmidt announcement and possibly Aki contract extension suggests an IRFU move to shore up things longer term for the provinces and the test side. Hope these rumours prove true.

Not getting my hopes up to be heartbroken again but also very exciting about Robbson as a centre partnership. A blissful state of pessimism I calls it.

Same. I'd be very very happy but until there are official announcements I won't get my hopes up about any rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭testtech05

Id say Bundee must be getting a central contract. No coincidence that the IRFU move on both him and Joe on the same day, must have been crunch time and they needed to pay out.

As I said yesterday, Bundee may have known a decision was immenent and wanted to fly a few kites to make sure there was no doubt about his willingness to walk. The fact he deleted the tweets only reinforces this. Good man, hope he gets all he deserves.

Was wondering today is there any chance one of the guys could have got a hold of his phone and started messing around on Twitter after a few jars last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭typhoony

unfortunately breaking news guys, a Russian Oligarch has swooped in and taken Bundee from under our noses, he loved the cold and snow so much in Krasnofreezeyourbollocksov that he has signed for Enisei-STM for the next 5 years

Would be a huge statement to keep Aki. Equally as important as his on field contribution would be the message it sends. Far easier to retain and recruit top players when one of the most sought after players in Europe renews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

typhoony wrote: »
    unfortunately breaking news guys, a Russian Oligarch has swooped in and taken Bundee from under our noses, he loved the cold and snow so much in Krasnofreezeyourbollocksov that he has signed for Enisei-STM for the next 5 years

Mayo for Sam, Bundy for Connacht!

30508600286_9f7630d132_m.jpg

typhoony wrote: »

As long as its not Munster I don't give a ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 young bullock

announcement as soon as tmoro aparantly

announcement as soon as tmoro aparantly

Pints in O'Connells at 5 lads? :D

• Advertisement

b.gud wrote: »
    Bundee Aki set to sign new contract to stay with Connacht http://the42.ie/3044263

13KItmwXE01oZy.gif
    BOOOOOOOOOOOM whatever the tweets were

Independent running with the Bundee staying story and throwing Dillane in as possibly staying too.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/connacht-rugby/connacht-boost-as-aki-set-to-commit-to-bumper-deal-and-dillane-could-follow-35158794.html

Independent running with the Bundee staying story and throwing Dillane in as possibly staying too.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/connacht-rugby/connacht-boost-as-aki-set-to-commit-to-bumper-deal-and-dillane-could-follow-35158794.htm
    741329.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/connacht-rugby/connacht-boost-as-aki-set-to-commit-to-bumper-deal-and-dillane-could-follow-35158794.html

He's fairly changed his tune! What a joke of a journalist!

Redo91 wrote: »

Now, they're saying Henshaw is willing to sign back, but Lam turn him down because Robb is too good :D

Redo91 wrote: »

In fairness all he ever reported was that Munster were interested in Dillane and Aki.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/munster-rugby/munster-line-up-sensational-swoop-for-connacht-duo-35088085.html
    It would seem that they were at least talking to both. I wouldn't say he was wrong.

I'm just waiting to see what spin PA put on it :D

• Advertisement

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/irfu-move-to-secure-bundee-aki-as-foreign-clubs-hover-1.2674799

I posted this article at the time, it goes a long way to explaining why Bundee might have moved over his family during the Summer but also decided to tell everyone he wants to play for Samoa.

I think we won't see Nucifora talking to the media much any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Absolutely fantastic news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

need this to be added on its own!

dancing-borat-o.gif

Get in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Good to get distractions like this out of the way early so we can focus on doing the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭typhoony

Fantastic news, sends a clear signal that we are a serious team for next few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Delighted for Connacht. Particularly happy considering the number of people telling us how Dillane to Munster was a done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭PMC83

Pundit Arena and their 'secret agent'. Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mysticmick

Just waiting for some apology emails...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

As a Munster supporter I'm delighted by the news. A competitive Connacht is vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Brilliant news. Had expected us to lose one to be honest, so this is even better than I could have ever imagined.

Week absolutely made. There'll have to be a few celebratory drinks tonight I think. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Good new's, we also had to listen to some awful sh**e from the lazy journo's over Zebo and Cronin towards the end of last season.

WOOP WOOP!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement