Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

wp_rathead wrote: »
    connachta wrote: »
    not throwing away,  giving our best for the fans but thinking about the 6-7 games which matter
    4 ChampionsCup pool games
    1 Qf of this CC I dare hope
    the Play-off game away in France or England

OK Micheal Bradley
    I expected that, I was wrong last season, but because we were top of the table and surprisingly kept our momentum. Not the same here, we're 8th, behind with a real gap, Ospreys Scarlets and Ulster seem better too

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Connacht need 45 points from 14 games for top six. It's a tough ask but were they to get 18 - 20 v the Italians (failed to do last season obviously) it's more than doable.

Madness to suggest giving up in November.

Nope, chanceless.

And FFS why trying desperatly to qualify, if it is not to target ChampionsCup? Any other club playing it thinks about it first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

And FFS why trying desperatly to qualify, if it is not to target ChampionsCup? Any other club playing it thinks about it first!

Two points;
    1. If Connacht don't qualify for next year's ERCC, the question is going to be asked as to whether last year was a flash in the pan.
    2. Every other team is targetting both.

Edit:
    3. You can't expect to beat Wasps without building form in the league.

Edit:
    3. You can't expect to beat Wasps without building form in the league.

Indeed that's exactly why I said " Pro12 is now about pleasing the fans and preparing the players"

• Advertisement

Two points;
    1. If Connacht don't qualify for next year's ERCC, the question is going to be asked as to whether last year was a flash in the pan.
    2. Every other team is targetting both.
    Disagree with point 2, French rotate their squads regularly before Europe.
    Got your 1st point, but it's been too late for reasonable hopes after Dragons. So let's focus and impress any commentator with Quarter-Final qualification.
    Leicester City look-alike this year too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Indeed that's exactly why I said " Pro12 is now about pleasing the fans and preparing the players"

Please stop with this utter tosh. One game at a time - priority is to get 5 points tomorrow against Treviso, not to "prepare the players" or "please the fans". The most important game is the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

Disagree with point 2, French rotate their squads regularly before Europe.
    Got your 1st point, but it's been too late for reasonable hopes after Dragons. So let's focus and impress any commentator with Quarter-Final qualification.
    Leicester City look-alike this year too :D

TBH unless we win the Champions cup we won't be impressing any commentators for longer than a few minutes if we do well in the CC but fail to finish in the top 6 of the pro12

Plus I think the majority of fans would prefer to see CC rugby back at the Sportsground next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Next week Connachta will inform us that Connacht are certainties to finish top of the league.

Next week Connachta will inform us that Connacht are certainties to finish top of the league.
    I won't. I've been consistant I still have no idea how we kept that form until the end last season. Was amazing!

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »

Please stop with this utter tosh. One game at a time - priority is to get 5 points tomorrow against Treviso, not to "prepare the players" or "please the fans". The most important game is the next one.
    I totally disagree. Next game is a big training session for next week, 5 points would boost confidence but that's it

I totally disagree. Next game is a big training session for next week, 5 points would boost confidence but that's it

There isn't a facepalm meme big enough for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

hello there igore button. I haven't used you in a while

Seriously ridiculous crap being spouted the past few pages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Please just stop posting. Christ almighty it's embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭blackhound

For the second week in a row I'm really excited to see how individuals get on in this team great to see guys like McCoy back too, our strength in depth is improving weekly.

Great game for Boschoff to stake a claim for a regular starting berth my only concern is if Carty comes on late in the game and Cooney is already replaced Carty is our only kicker on the field. Although truthfully we should have this game well in the bag by then so pressure should be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Game is on eurosport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pamuskateer

It's on eurosport Italia not eurosport UK

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

So if one were to be in Italy for the weekend, it would be available online?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pamuskateer

I'm not sure. I imagine you would need a subscription to the Italian eurosport package

d-gal wrote: »

Please just stop posting. Christ almighty it's embarrassing
    It's not. it's a very reasonable opinion, some fans said Top6 was unrealistic as soon as we've lost our 2nd home game  against Ospreys. Add Dragons lose, it's  12 points away from last season, + unfavourable momentum
    We'll see in May, but there's no chances for top 6. My analysis no more, but I won't stop saying what I think

• Advertisement

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Game is on eurosport.
    Asked for it, some said impossible. Wish granted!:D

If your laptop thinks it's in Italy then it's fine....

The game is not on television

The game is not on television
    I'm confused. You're just playing on words implying it's satellite broadcast?

Glasgow dropping points tonight, we're 12 points behind them with 2 games in hand. Nah, no chance, forget about the league... :rolleyes:

Glasgow dropping points tonight, we're 12 points behind them with 2 games in hand. Nah, no chance, forget about the league... :rolleyes:
    Yeah good news! Won't make it though (12 points! even 7 after t'morrow, with Glasgow away to come)
    I'm ready to bet that, but I never bet against Connacht :)

Yeah good news! )

No, no stop! Enough of this mindless optimism... we're not going to do it I'm telling you! Best to just please the fans tomorrow and prepare the players for next week. Let's plan for challenge cup next season - what's the long term injury list at Enisei like these days?

Yeah good news! )

No, no stop! Enough of this mindless optimism... we're not going to do it I'm telling you! Best to just please the fans tomorrow and prepare the players for next week. Let's plan for challenge cup next season - what's the long term injury list at Enisei like these days?
    I LOVE Einsei, seriously they're doing great, we're the only team in Europe having won there! introduce them in pro 12 instead of tomorrow opposition, rather than having fun with them;)

I'm confused. You're just playing on words implying it's satellite broadcast?

I admire your resilience in refusing to accept what you don't want to hear but

THE. GAME. IS. NOT. ON. TELEVISION.

• Advertisement

McKinley future Connacht outhalf on the pitch t'morrow? Nice news for another future 10/12 too "A last minute Rob Langley try, and Mitch Lam conversion, helped Nottingham Rugby secure a last-gasp draw against local rivals Rotherham Titans"

McKinley future Connacht outhalf on the pitch t'morrow? Nice news for another future 10/12 too "A last minute Rob Langley try, and Mitch Lam conversion, helped Nottingham Rugby secure a last-gasp draw against local rivals Rotherham Titans"

How is this Connacht related?

Tell you what, when you get asked to be a mod, you can pull people up on things like that. Until then, keep your backseat modding to yourself.

Tell you what, when you get asked to be a mod, you can pull people up on things like that. Until then, keep your backseat modding to yourself.

This comment is stupid as ****. I know my rights.

I get a warning in the past saying " attack the comment, not the user!"
    I attack the comment and what do I get...a warning, irony!

A guy who played for Connacht Eagles 1 month ago  is related to Connacht.

• Advertisement

I get a warning in the past saying " attack the comment, not the user!"
    I attack the comment and what do I get...a warning, irony!

If you want to continue posting here, I suggest having a good read of the charter. One of the rules here is not to dispute mod actions on thread. If you continue to post in breach of the charter you won't be posting here much longer.

If you want to continue posting here, I suggest having a good read of the charter. One of the rules here is not to dispute mod actions on thread. If you continue to post in breach of the charter you won't be posting here much longer.

Im disputing what you and your mod friend's said and what they said is I could comment on the comment but couldn't comment on the commenter, so I did the previous and still get infracted??? I felt your comment was really dumb so I gave my opinion, dont like tough I dont give a shizzle.

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

It's actually pretty obvious how Connachta's comment is Connacht related.

At least the various match threads for the remainder of the weekend will make for more pleasant reading..!

McKinley would be a good signing. Would be coincidental if he got an Italian cap first and for the second time an Irish raised foreign qualified 10 lined out for Connacht!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭aled

anyone know of a stream to eurosport italia where the game is being televised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

There are no cameras up here so it's definitely not on TV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭aled

strange the eurosport website says it is being televised?

Hopefully galway bay fm have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Poolman in for Healy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Late replacement Poolman in for healy

Not unhappy for Dannie TBH

7-3, Tom try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Yellow for Kelleher for taking guy out in the air, unintentional but lucky to get yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Yellow for Kelleher for taking guy out in the air, unintentional but lucky to get yellow

Have wingers just abandoned their brains in the last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Some peg that Boshoff has got. And Poolman try.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement