Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Now get the f**kin restart right! Also Matt Healy is class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Connacht twitter better not jinx us again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

F me what a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

hahaha holy **** he didn't

i think someone's a bit upset

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

F*ck sake Carty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

****e Jack Carty ya need get them ones mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

ah jaysus carty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Where on the pitch was the conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Just to the right of the posts, very easy

I don't trust this ref. I see a dodgy penalty coming here.

• Advertisement

Took it from about 5m to the right hand side (looking at posts) on the 22.

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Just to the right of the posts, very easy

Wasn't VERY easy. About 10 metres from right hand post. But he should be getting them

****e penalty for Brive now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Ah hear!!

And there's the penalty....kick here to win it for Brive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Ref giving them chance to win.

Shocking

Oh that's bitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Only Connnacht could've lost that match.

Ref giving them chance to win.

Shocking

Would need to see if again but on first look, the Connacht scrum was under pressure and creaking when the thing went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Who cares? with 20 points we would be through away QF anyway. Not important AT ALL

• Advertisement

We deserved that defeat. Absolutely chronic performance. We could still win the group next week but once again throw away a situation where a win was inevitable to a draw and where we just needed to keep it tight for the draw we mess up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Basic errors have now cost us 2 important games.
    Things need to turn around very quickly or the season will slip away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The great news is that thanks to Enisei's antics up on the geordie shore, Connacht just need a win next week to go through as group winners. :)

13 points left out there by our place kickers AND we played muck
    How we got a LBP is beyond me tbh ha

Muldoon was immense though - deserves special praise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

connachta wrote: »
    Who cares? with 20 points we would be through away QF anyway. Not important AT ALL

All the group winners get home QFs, do they not?

EDIT: No, I am stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Wasn't VERY easy. About 10 metres from right hand post. But he should be getting them

****e penalty for Brive now

If they had a halftime competition on a windy night at the Sportsground some lad in a pair of runners would kick that. Inexcusable!

If there's any consolation from this it's that we surely can never play so badly again. What utter tripe! Whatever money we free up from the Henshaw move simply HAS to go on a reliable kicker.

• Advertisement

Extremely important, we are playing Scarlets in 2 weeks and we are stuck in a complete rut. We are losing games we should have cruised, we are back to our old habit of losing games at the death. I'm seriously concerned by the pile of muck we served up there tonight.

3 tries to nil and we find a way to lose against a piss poor patched up Brive side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

thats well tough. But beat enisei and hope newcastle beat Brive

All the group winners get home QFs, do they not?

No 5 group winners and we could be number 5. By my calculations we now need Newcastle to deny Brive a 4 try bonus which they probably should do to win the group. That will more than likely get us 5th seed and an away quarter final. If we win that it would be a home semi-final but far too worried about that performance at the moment to worry about that.

Extremely important, we are playing Scarlets in 2 weeks and we are stuck in a complete rut. We are losing games we should have cruised, we are back to our old habit of losing games at the death. I'm seriously concerned by the pile of muck we served up there tonight.

3 tries to nil and we find a way to lose against a piss poor patched up Brive side.

Frustration makes you better. What happened twice won't happen thrice. Especially without away refereeing

Frustration makes you better. What happened twice won't happen thrice. Especially without away refereeing

you cant blame refs when your team miss 5 kicks was it?

• Advertisement

aimee1 wrote: »
    thats well tough. But beat enisei and hope newcastle beat Brive

Bad as the finish was getting within 4 was important as it gives us the better of the head to head if we are even on points. 5 points any which way against Enisei and Brive don't get a 5 pointer away to Newcastle and we win the pool.

http://epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychallengecup/rules.php

Ah come on the ref had nothing to do with that mess.

No 5 group winners and we could be number 5. By my calculations we now need Newcastle to deny Brive a 4 try bonus which they probably should do to win the group. That will more than likely get us 5th seed and an away quarter final. If we win that it would be a home semi-final.

Exactly! We would have been in the same situation with 22 points (a win without BP today) 20 (a draw) or 19 (as we should be next week).
    Whatever Brive does next week we'll be last pool winner or one of the best 2nd. Which means away QF.

No regret tonight, a huge win : 3 tries, no injuries (JHW concussion aside)

The problem is it keeps happening dating back to Cardiff away. We should have cruised that game. We had an unlucky break in terms of scrum halfs but it was a game we should have had wrapped up, Ulster we had the impetus to at least get a draw and the last couple of weeks is hard to explain how we've screwed them up.

I won't be feeling any way confident if it comes down to the wire against Scarlets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Contriving to lose at the death in successive fixtures is a bit of a concern.

aimee1 wrote: »
    you cant blame refs when your team miss 5 kicks was it?

I didn't blame him, just implied tied games will come to the right side at home more easily. No pressure :)

The problem is it keeps happening dating back to Cardiff away. We should have cruised that game. We had an unlucky break in terms of scrum halfs but it was a game we should have had wrapped up, Ulster we had the impetus to at least get a draw and the last couple of weeks is hard to explain how we've screwed them up.

I won't be feeling any way confident if it comes down to the wire against Scarlets.

I am. Except Muldowney tired, I can't see any of our 1st team players having played bad tonight.

Muldoon and Carty brillant, TOH Healy Aki and Poolman good, McCartney and Dillane ok

Add White, Ronaldson, Marmion, Buckley-with-gametime-after-injury, maybe Henshaw, and Jake Heenan. And that will be a completly different story against Scarlets.
    Keep it cool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

wp_rathead wrote: »
    13 points left out there by our place kickers AND we played muck
    How we got a LBP is beyond me tbh ha

Muldoon was immense though - deserves special praise

Wouldnt normally agree with that but as muck went john was one of the few who managed to clean his face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

If that was a league game I think the tears would have been out by the end of it...

I didn't blame him, just implied tied games will come to the right side at home more easily. No pressure :)

but if connacht took the multiple opportunities then your home team theory [ i think thats what you are saying here] doesnt come into it.

how many times have connacht now done this?

• Advertisement

I am. Except Muldowney tired, I can't see any of our 1st team players having played bad tonight.

Muldoon and Carty brillant, TOH Healy Aki and Poolman good, McCartney and Dillane ok

Add White, Ronaldson, Marmion, Buckley-with-gametime-after-injury, maybe Henshaw, and Jake Heenan. And that will be a completly different story against Scarlets.

Carty brilliant? You must be joking... one good break. Poor kicking from hand, and that miss at the end! Brilliant my ar$e...

connachta, you continue to miss the point. we add a player here, we lose a player there. who gives a crap. my opinion about one player is as relevant as your opinion about another player. reality is win or lose. and tonight really brought that point home.

is it leader, is it toh. so many would say toh these days. who cares. its not about leader, its not about toh, its about the team. we are losing for a reason. lets start there

Zzippy wrote: »
    Carty brilliant? You must be joking... one good break. Poor kicking from hand, and that miss at the end! Brilliant my ar$e...

Kicks from hand were ok. One conversion and one restart are the only points you can reproach IMO.

Kicks from hand were ok. One conversion and one restart are the only points you can reproach IMO.

No they weren't, he kicked one away when we had turnover ball and their defence wasn't set, he kicked more straight down their throats, he didn't pin them back at all, the restart was awful and the conversion was unforgivable. He was a long way from brilliant, not even ok as you seem to have downgraded him to...

connachta, you continue to miss the point. we add a player here, we lose a player there. who gives a crap. my opinion about one player is as relevant as your opinion about another player. reality is win or lose. and tonight really brought that point home.

is it leader, is it toh. so many would say toh these days. who cares. its not about leader, its not about toh, its about the team. we are losing for a reason. lets start there

Disagree
    Henshaw and Heenan for exemple can turn a game by themselves.
    What I'm saying is that as we were so so close to win away to Cardiff, Scarlets and Brive, if you add the home advantage + a few quality players to full fitness, we should be ok.

I think you all overestimate the "psychological" part (which is true, but only one element among others)

Are you forgetting about the pass to Muldowneys laces straight after coming on.

Zzippy wrote: »
    No they weren't, he kicked one away when we had turnover ball and their defence wasn't set, he kicked more straight down their throats, he didn't pin them back at all, the restart was awful and the conversion was unforgivable. He was a long way from brilliant, not even ok as you seem to have downgraded him to...

He was brillant in open play.

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Are you forgetting about the pass to Muldowneys laces straight after coming on.

Oh, I thought it wasn't him... Apologies, that was bad indeed

Whatever you think about Carty, you can't deny our backline was very fluid tonight, TOH Healy Aki and Poolman are well up to it. Add Henshaw and Ronaldson. I'm confident about this.

• Advertisement

Whatever you think about Carty, you can't deny our backline was very fluid tonight, TOH Healy Aki and Poolman are well up to it. Add Henshaw and Ronaldson. I'm confident about this.

i just so dont agree. toh was rubbish. we have no working centre partnership. both mcginty and carty are awful. otherwise i agree. but i'm just not sure whats left to agree with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement