Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

LEGENDS :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

woooooo
    we did it!!
    unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

woooooo
    we did it!!
    unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Full time Connacht 26 Dragons 21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

FT

TG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I had to turn it off towards the end there, I was having flashbacks to Cardiff last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Five points!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hope Rob Murphy punches a hole through that scoreboard. Great result.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

wp_rathead wrote: »
    woooooo
    we did it!!
    unreal!
    Bonus point, top of the league....poor financial advice, pints of Fosters this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Be still my beating heart! Brilliant stuff!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Good Job Connacht. See you in April for a top of the table clash :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

HUGE result!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Whisper it a bit louder...playoffs are now the target.

Huge result and that was massive considering Scarlets away and Brive away. Big mental strength

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé

Brilliant Connacht - that's a huge result!!!! Fabulous defence at the end.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Robbo wrote: »
    Bonus point, top of the league....poor financial advice, pints of Fosters this weekend.

I threw a cheeky few on Heenan aswell, but I split it between that and Connacht -4.5 so I'll have an... average.... weekend ;)

For those of you who were worrying about Tom, I'll just leave this here:

Wouldnt be a big win for Connacht without Robbo's dodgy betting advice beforehand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Great result. Connacht 4 points clear at the top after the first game of the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Massive result. Great to see them close out a tight one away from home.

• Advertisement

Great to see Connacht clinch the win ........and not let it slip. Huge boost. Brilliant result.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Are you fuc**** kidding me??? I could't bear listenig in the final quarter... So we won??????????????????????

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

freyners wrote: »
    Wouldnt be a big win for Connacht without Robbo's dodgy betting advice beforehand
    First bet I've actually placed on a Connacht match in about 2 years on account of my cursed record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Follow this up with a win at Zebre and Connacht are in business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Did Heenan go off injured? What kind of injury was it (anything but shoulder hopefully)?

First bet I've actually placed on a Connacht match in about 2 years on account of my cursed record.

I forgot you never actually bet on poolman those times, made me some sweet €€€€

12729331_1168946409801859_2487643675749833413_n.jpg?oh=fc4483b2d447160cdbe3366d90107259&oe=5736EA79&__gda__=1466347288_f428989c77800464fc68be468cb6bf4e
    Awwww yissssssssss.

freyners wrote: »
    I forgot you never actually bet on poolman those times, made me some sweet €€€€
    Can I have my commission please?

Looking good for Champions Cup rugby next season!

• Advertisement

A game that had all the hallmarks of our traditional defeats

Away
    Not on TV
    Listening to gbay fm dodgy stream
    Lots of handling mistakes
    Soft scores conceded straight after us scoring
    Go behind a score
    Get on the wrong side of the ref ("muldoon having a good chat with the ref" is usually a code for losing his mind )
    Go up a half score
    Usually there we lose that the death

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

A result so good that it may even get a token word on Off The Ball or if we're lucky a newspaper column on a weekend outside of an interpro :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

If robs commentary was unbiased (and I do like robs commentary) we totally stole that game. Now that makes a change. BP and all. Happy out. We have had too many games going the other way over the last 5 years.

Being me I always have a sting in the tail. We taught jack to hit touch. It seems we need to teach AJ these days.

Brilliant win but we can't keep doing this to ourselves. Pat, ur next investment is an out half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

If robs commentary was unbiased (and I do like robs commentary) we totally stole that game. Now that makes a change. BP and all. Happy out. We have had too many games going the other way over the last 5 years.

Being me I always have a sting in the tail. We taught jack to hit touch. It seems we need to teach AJ these days.

Brilliant win but we can't keep doing this to ourselves. Pat, ur next investment is an out half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Did Heenan go off injured? What kind of injury was it (anything but shoulder hopefully)?

This was my first thought too when I heard he went off. Hopefully it was just tactical.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Looking good for Champions Cup rugby next season!

theres an unlikely scenario where we can finish top 6 and still not make champions cup

if Connacht place 6 at the end of the season behind the 3 other provinces and say if scarlets and ospreys finish ahead of them as well the top place Scottish and Italian will get in ahead of them. Unlikely i know but still its mathematically possible :o:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

theres an unlikely scenario where we can finish top 6 and still not make champions cup

if Connacht place 6 at the end of the season behind the 3 other provinces and say if scarlets and ospreys finish ahead of them as well the top place Scottish and Italian will get in ahead of them. Unlikely i know but still its mathematically possible :o:mad:

If Leinster, Munster or Ulster finish in 6th, with ourselves, Scarlets & Ospreys above them, then it's them that lose out. ;)

Yeah if either no Welsh or no Scottish teams make the top 6 then whoever is in 6th place will forfeit their place to the nation who didn't make top 6.

Bazzo wrote: »
    Yeah if either no Welsh or no Scottish teams make the top 6 then whoever is in 6th place will forfeit their place to the nation who didn't make top 6.

Presumably that team would then be in the playoffs with the 7th English and French teams for the last CC place rather than the 7th placed team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

It's great to be back on top.
    Great to get a gritty win.

I wouldn't be devastated to see Ulster pass us on points difference tomorrow.
    In that context an Edinburgh win would probably be a good thing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Zzippy wrote: »
    Presumably that team would then be in the playoffs with the 7th English and French teams for the last CC place rather than the 7th placed team

No playoff this year

• Advertisement

Is there a playoff between the 7th place league teams this year? I thought that spot had been given to the Challenge Cup winner? Qualification under the new system is a mess...

No playoff this year

Really??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I don't think, otherwise Treviso would have gone to the play offs last year, instead they got direct qualification.

this is the nightmare

Leinster 1
    Ulster 2
    Munster 3
    Scarlets 4
    Ospreys 5
    Connacht 6
    Glasgow 7
    Edinburgh 8
    Cardiff 9
    Dragons 10
    Treviso 11
    Zebre 12]

7 bolded teams go through. Won't happen though.

Really??

because of the world cup. that spot goes straight to the winner of the challenge cup

because of the world cup. that spot goes straight to the winner of the challenge cup

Oh well, we'll just have to win that one too to make sure ;)

What's the World cup go to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

vienne86 wrote: »
    What's the World cup go to do with it?

French season runs into June?

errlloyd wrote: »
    I don't think, otherwise Treviso would have gone to the play offs last year, instead they got direct qualification.

this is the nightmare

Leinster 1
    Ulster 2
    Munster 3
    Scarlets 4
    Ospreys 5
    Connacht 6
    Glasgow 7
    Edinburgh 8
    Cardiff 9
    Dragons 10
    Treviso 11
    Zebre 12]

7 bolded teams go through. Won't happen though.

OK. So it's all hands on deck to knock the stuffing out of the Ospreys. I'll buy into that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Bazzo wrote: »

Would require 3 Irish, then 2 Welsh or 2 Scottish teams populating the top 5 in some permutation. I suppose it's possible.

Oh well, we'll just have to win that one too to make sure ;)

Didn't Leinster di the Pro 12 and challenge cup double. If we do it will we get all the same praise ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement