Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

15 Dan Evans

14 Jeff Hassler

13 JJ Engelbrecht

12 Josh Matavesi

11 Ben John

10 Sam Davies

9 Rhys Webb

1 Paul James (Capt)

2 Sam Parry

3 Dmitri Arhip

4 James King

5 Rory Thornton

6 Joe Bearman

7 Olly Cracknell

8 Dan Baker

REPLACEMENTS

16 Scott Otten

17 Gareth Thomas

18 Aaron Jarvis

19 Rynier Bernardo

20 Jordan Collier

21 Brendon Leonard

22 Owen Watkin

23 Eli Walker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

connachta wrote: »
    Rather confident about Niyi and Poolman as impact player
    SOB should be in form as he's prefered to Connolly
    Muldoon as 8 and AhYou starting are worrinesses.
    Very Happy Ronaldson and Heenan can start.
    I'd like Marmion and Bealham to come in the game as early as possible, half time or so...

Muldoon was good at 8 against Brive (or at least appeared to be from my low quality steam). Agree on Rodney.

Btw Craig Ronaldson makes his 50th appearance in a Connacht jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

evil_seed wrote: »
    There's no way Niyi plays ahead of Danie. He was rested against Zebre with this game in mind
    wp_rathead wrote: »
    I'd have Poolman ahead of Niyi aswell personally - he is due a try (if Robbo doesn't bet on him)
    Agreed. Ospreys are a totally different kettle of fish to the type of unstructured mental play that Zebre have. We are going to have to be defensively very strong to keep Ospreys at bay so Danie is an obvious selection
    Yeah, unfairness he did have a good game. Looked like someone who has been waiting for the opportunity. But Zebre are still Zebre, you would have to go with Dannie.

What did Niyi do to ye lot?? :D

Ah no, I'd have Poolman as well for this one but Pat must have his reasons!!

S12b wrote: »

As far as I'm concerned it is 50/50 on a dry day as tomorrow. So it's ok...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Underhill is not playing!!!
    Massive boost!!
    S12b wrote: »

Ah no, I'd have Poolman as well for this one but Pat must have his reasons!!

Reminds me of last year's game vs Munster in those awful conditions when Lam went for Poolman and Leader on the Wings, leaving Healy out..
    If it is dry like promised could work wonders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

I'm delighted Niyi is there.
    He's lightening in attack and a hard tackler.

He does have issues under a high ball but everything else is really exciting to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Little interview with Matt Healy up on tg4 player here.

Very interesting for one of the paciest wingers in the league to come out and say he wasn't always the fastest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭typhoony

Bazzo wrote: »
    Little interview with Matt Healy up on tg4 player here.

Very interesting for one of the paciest wingers in the league to come out and say he wasn't always the fastest!

it's a good lesson for young players, i guess as a scrumhalf he had good skills and the only thing that was missing was physical development.

as an attacking winger is there a better player in the league, of course the ultra conservative and defensive minded Schmidt is blinkered to his potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭typhoony

a strong enough bench for the Ospreys, in the majority of games recently we've had better replacements coming in, excited now but a little worried also

If our Backrow can impose tomorrow then we have the beating of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

Kerins was very good tonight against england. We have a load of talent at scrum half these days. Did I hear right that Conan O'Donnell is 18 stone and under 20. Thats nearly a stone a year since birth. Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

Kerins was very good tonight against england. We have a load of talent at scrum half these days. Did I hear right that Conan O'Donnell is 18 stone and under 20. Thats nearly a stone a year since birth. Wow

Funny I walked by him in town once and I couldn't help but think he looked on the small side for a tight head, but that may have been because he was around the same height as me, ie a bit on the short side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Word is that John Mul is out for tonight. Hamstring.

nobbo wrote: »
    Word is that John Mul is out for tonight. Hamstring.

fnck.
    move SOB 8 and Connolly 6?

I'd guess George to 8 and Marshall in...

• Advertisement

that makes sense.. Romaine on bench?

Didn't hear who moved onto the bench. Either way, still a bit of a blow for a game like tonight.

If john is injured then likely tiernan takes over captaincy. If I remember correctly the previous ospreys game versus Connacht was his first showing as captain. He lasted 7 minutes. Hope he lasts a bit longer tonight :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I'd rather have Aly there, good head on his shoulders and TOH too far away from the action to influence the referee

On that count john seems to annoy the referee more than influence the referee so maybe its a good thing if the captain is some distance from the play. Enda Kenny would call him a whinger :-)

• Advertisement

Go ultan dillane

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I wonder has Joe come around to the realisation that Henshaw goes better at 13, some time after the rest of us?

Also, if Cian Healy has managed to shake down the IRFU for however many €100k, Den Buckley is the Million Dollar Man.

fEtAVL4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Is the game on tg4 on sky or just upc?it it only on the red button.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Go ultan dillane

Ultan Dillane is The Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭calico77

tg4 have election coverage til 1am

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Ultan Dillane is The Man

Keep your grubby Leinster mits off him ;)

Tg4 are streaming it live, it's also on the Saorview red button

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

b.gud wrote: »
    Tg4 are streaming it live, it's also on the Saorview red button
    Also Cula 4 on UPC/Virgin media. Channel 602 but sadly not in HD.

Does anyone else get a bit embarrassed when they show shots of the dressing rooms that look like the dressing room at a GAA pitch in a town of a couple of hundred people

Keep your grubby Leinster mits off him ;)

he has a gf in dublin apparently, and i read today that Conor Murray's gf is moving to dublin too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Forget Leinster. Munster will be looking to coax him back down to the Kingdom.

calico77 wrote: »
    he has a gf in dublin apparently, and i read today that Conor Murray's gf is moving to dublin too.
    Oh apparently everyone's got girlfriends in Dublin these days. It's Leinster's number one recruiting tactic.

Get in, what a start

BUNDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Wn9iUIT.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

The should have been a penalty to Connacht for not rolling away. Crazy decision

Not sure about that penalty. Surely the tackler has to roll away

No way he could have got the back back there.

Big George is looking lively this evening.

Robbo wrote: »
    No way he could have got the back back there.

Big George is looking lively this evening.

The whole team is looking pretty lively :)

Dat Pass from Bundee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Hagz wrote: »
    Forget Leinster. Munster will be looking to coax him back down to the Kingdom.

Not for a few years anyway. Donnacha Ryan should have at least 2/3 seasons left in him and we have Sean MacCarthy and John Madigan as talented youngsters. Then in the middle there is Dave Foley and Billy Holland.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Does anyone else get a bit embarrassed when they show shots of the dressing rooms that look like the dressing room at a GAA pitch in a town of a couple of hundred people

Some of the dressing rooms for the English Aviva teams aren't much better

Not for a few years anyway. Donnacha Ryan should have at least 2/3 seasons left in him and we have Sean MacCarthy and John Madigan as talented youngsters. Then in the middle there is Dave Foley and Billy Holland.

Maybe the summer of 2017 perhaps? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Brilliant move off that lineout.

This is serious attacking rugby from connacht

Some latitude given as to where the mark was for that quick penalty there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Hagz wrote: »
    Maybe the summer of 2017 perhaps? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'd hope Sean MacCarthy and/or John Madigan progress to an extent that Munster won't need to chase Dillane. Billy Holland will be around until 2018 at the earliest and Dave Foley is coming into his prime.

I've a feeling Chief Wiggum is going to cause us some problems later on in this game.

This is serious attacking rugby from connacht

its too loose though, playing into ospreys hands a bit

Serious recovery from Ronaldson to make the tackle and force the penalty there.

Ben John will be having nightmares about Adeolokun running at him for a while :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement