Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Shhhhhhhh, it's a secret.

DqimImA.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

S12b wrote: »
    I think Bealham is clearly our no.2 loosehead at this stage. Having White and AhYou frees us up to utilise him there. He was excellent for that period Buckley was out, was central to a very dominant scrum on a few occasions.

Interestingly a poster on the last page was suggesting that the size of the Murrayfield pitch might actually suit us......in training yesterday the backs ran the same play over and over while I was there, which is unusual as it's typically 2 or 3 reps of each play and move on....Mod edit: the backs joined the scrum and heaved everyone over the line /mod edit .

Pat Lam and co obviously agree with that poster and reckon our backs could do damage in the space.....those in goal areas!! :eek:

Mod edit: Pic removed due to size. Please don't upload massive pics again

Edited your post. The pic was way too large, especially for people on mobile devices. And the obvious giving away training moves that could be used tomorrow. Seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I want to see this picture now! Anyone have a link? Send me a PM,(I don't work for Edinburgh, promise).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Can't wait though - nearly 50 Connacht fans that I know of are heading over to it
    I'm waiting for the final myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Ok I'll accept democracy here as the general consensus seems to be I shouldn't have posted that but I personally I think this reaction is hilarious.....is it really a ground breaking disclosure to say that a team with a really fast winger playing on a huge pitch might try to get the ball into his hands as quickly as possible for him to kick ahead? It's about as obvious a tactic as saying Wales were practicing sending Jamie Roberts hard up the middle.

I'm pretty sure a team of professional coaches might be aware of the possibility.

Matt Healy was on TG4 last week and said he looks for 2 things when he gets the ball in his hand and he's thinking of kicking ahead.....is the winger up in the defensive line and is the scrum half covering. The entire Connacht coaching staff didn't immediately go crazy at him for giving away his secrets......it's painfully obvious stuff.

I won't post re the training ground again but I think the suggestion that this is valuable and new information is laughable.

Btw, I did get a good chuckle out of the edits made to my post!!

S12b wrote: »
    Ok I'll accept democracy here as the general consensus seems to be I shouldn't have posted that but I personally I think this reaction is hilarious.....is it really a ground breaking disclosure to say that a team with a really fast winger playing on a huge pitch might try to get the ball into his hands as quickly as possible for him to kick ahead? It's about as obvious a tactic as saying Wales were practicing sending Jamie Roberts hard up the middle.

I'm pretty sure a team of professional coaches might be aware of the possibility.

Matt Healy was on TG4 last week and said he looks for 2 things when he gets the ball in his hand and he's thinking of kicking ahead.....is the winger up in the defensive line and is the scrum half covering. The entire Connacht coaching staff didn't immediately go crazy at him for giving away his secrets......it's painfully obvious stuff.

I won't post re the training ground again but I think the suggestion that this is valuable and new information is laughable.

Btw, I did get a good chuckle out of the edits made to my post!!

OK, so you get that other people think it's a bad idea, but you decide to post pretty much the same thing again? If you keep posting stuff like this you might find your access to the Sportsground during training removed, as well as anyone else who wants to go along to watch but NOT POST TRAINING GROUND MOVES THE DAY BEFORE A GAME.
    Yes teams have video analysis etc but every edge counts and finding out a team was rehearsing a set piece move over and over again 2 days before a game is golden information. Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

S12b is secretly working for Munster and Ulster hoping we drop points.....

It been a long scheme...... Sabotage from the inside ;):p

Zzippy wrote: »
    OK, so you get that other people think it's a bad idea, but you decide to post pretty much the same thing again? If you keep posting stuff like this you might find your access to the Sportsground during training removed, as well as anyone else who wants to go along to watch but NOT POST TRAINING GROUND MOVES THE DAY BEFORE A GAME.
    Yes teams have video analysis etc but every edge counts and finding out a team was rehearsing a set piece move over and over again 2 days before a game is golden information. Well done!

Look our views are diametrically opposed here but I don't want to cause bother so I accept what you're asking and I won't post in that style again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him come on at TH for White then switching to LH when/if Buckley goes off.

You mean AhYou coming on very late? a little bit wasted substitute front-row...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Whatever about the details of certain moves, I hope you keep posting general impressions of training S12b, really good info.

connachta wrote: »
    You mean AhYou coming on very late? a little bit wasted substitute front-row...

Buckley can go for 80 so yeah I think BrokenMan is probably right, Bealham on around 50 for White and Rodney possibly on around 70 depending on circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

I rarely around town then but what's the story with training, can anyone just pop up and watch if it's on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

We are 4pt outsiders for tomorrow.

I have no big opinion on that, a losing bonus point would be okay though.
    It would have us on target for what I expected from these two weeks.
    It would still have us on target for top4 and in with a shout at top2 come the final round.

A win would put us well in control of a top2 finish.

Agree with Mariners, tomorrow night will be tough. Were Connacht to win, it would be up there as one of the most impressive results of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

Paddypower are offering even money for us to score 2 tries or more in Edinburgh tomorrow night. That looks a cracking bet to me having watched our games over the past month. They are also offering same price on being 4 or more tries in whole game. We have scored 46 tries in 16 matches so far this season whilst conceeding 35. Pitch in Murrayfield will be in great nick with 6 nations on so I don't see why this will be any different to Connacht's last number of matches with the brand of rugby they have played all year.

Will wait to see TV coverage before kick off in case weather is nasty but struggling to find reason to put me off having a good bet on us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

It's been snowing all night and still going here in northern England so wouldn't be surprised to see something similar in Edinburgh later today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Ita grand here at the moment gotta say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

I'm interested in seeing Muldowney back to Scotland, he should want to do well there.
    Scott is international, might give a hard time to Ronaldson/Aki defensively
    Our back 3 is above though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

Connacht at 11/8 and TOH at 9/2 to score a try anytime seems good odds. Lot of snow in and around the manchester and leeds area but further north it doesn't seem so bad. Cold but looks like conditions should be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Weather is good so far today in Glasgow - no rain or snow. Forecast seems to be that the rain/snow might just about stay away from Edinburgh this evening, should be a good game if it does. Heading straight over after work, sounds like there's going to be a good few Connacht supporters there. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Anyone know when Dillane's contract expires?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

mjp wrote: »
    struggling to find reason to put me off having a good bet on us.

Edinburgh have quite a good defence and even Connacht will find it tough to get tries.
    Good chance they'll get two, but four in the match is unlikely.

I still think Connacht will edge it, but I wouldn't part with my money on it.

WarZ wrote: »
    Anyone know when Dillane's contract expires?
    summer 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster have signed both Sean MacCarthy and John Madigan to development deals. If they come good then Munster will be well stocked with locks so there will be no need to look to sign Dillane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I would like to see him at Leinster for 2017/2018.

Give him another season at Connacht playing regularly then bring him to Leinster. It would be perfect, he will be an even more experienced and even better lock by then. Leinster could even swap McCarthy back in a deal that is beneficial to both sides as Connacht will get a fan favourite and tried and test warrior returning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Give him another season at Connacht playing regularly then bring him to Leinster. It would be perfect, he will be an even more experienced and even better lock by then. Leinster could even swap McCarthy back in a deal that is beneficial to both sides as Connacht will get a fan favourite and tried and test warrior returning.

You are 100% right.
    Having him playing beside Toner is something every Irish fan would want to see.
    It would also give him the opportunity to win some medals as well.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl_axFdrKJ0rr9M4gTy3tsBhLoFyMyaoAeb5Elke72VPIDmtyJyw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Have a quick look at said poster's history of posts in Connacht Threads and you'll find your answer..

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Have a quick look at said poster's history of posts in Connacht Threads and you'll find your answer..

I'll just leave this here
    If Leinster can't have Henshaw then they should be assigned another play of similar quality

Bazzo wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here

Phew I thought I'd have to do some work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

This isnt the fishing forum so dont bite at the bait people

Feeling decidly unconfident about tonight. I still remember being hockied there 40-19 and our last two wins have been very very close

freyners wrote: »

Feeling decidly unconfident about tonight. I still remember being hockied there 40-19 and our last two wins have been very very close

Ara now, this Connacht team is a very different one to the team that got hockied.....if I remember correctly, that team beat Zebre at home on the first day of the season, then lost every match until they limped past Dragons at home 1 week before Christmas thanks to a Dan Parks dropgoal!!

Have a little confidence a mac!! ;)

freyners wrote: »

I'm feeling confident about tonight, and the season in general, perhaps too confident.

The thing I always remember about that defeat is the next game we played :D

b.gud wrote: »
    I'm feeling confident about tonight, and the season in general, perhaps too confident.

The thing I always remember about that defeat is the next game we played :D

Jeepers I thought my 25 on connacht to win and the other 25 on toh to score was a slam dunk. now i'm getting itchy feet :-). Though I will settle for a connacht win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

Conditions look perfect for rugby in Murrayfield as whilst cold its dry there. Win here would be massive for our season and put us in good position heading into games against Irish provinces. Two tries now and a win will make it a good night for Connacht and my Paddypower ac !!

ideal night for rugby. here we go

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Defence looks switched on.

Buckley winning a turnover, well I never ;)

I have a feeling we can give John Andress a bad night.

• Advertisement

Too much pressure for no points there really

Edinburgh defence pretty solid so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Lovely try!

Ayyyyy Jayyyyyyy
    KCAIWVs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

AJ showing a heck of a lot of spleen there

Nice line from AJ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Nice try, very impressed with Connacht so far.

Lovely try. Marmion really impressing me tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭calico77

great start from connacht and the ref has been excellent so far

Buckley is a beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Buckley is good at the rugby imo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement