Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

freyners wrote: »
    Cuthbert to Knock on, Matt healy to fake left, then skin him on the inside, leave patchell on his ass to dive in front of the posts, kick the ball into the stands in celebration only to prat a watching leighton hodges carrying a full tray of beer

one can dream.....
    Then Cardiff's Lou Reed to through sheer admiration break into song...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Is it blowing a gale in Cardiff tonight as well? Could be very messy, and luck might play a part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

I don't understand why White and Marmion don't start this potentially tight game whereas there's Challenge Cup to rest them for 2 weeks. Nonsense to play them as we have now, after Munster away win, far less chance to win the trophy (with Harlequins in the competition) than to be top 6 of the Guiness pro12

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

I wouldn't say that I'm overly confident that we will win, but I don't have the same fear as some of the other posters here.

For a while now we have had the beating of Cardiff we just haven't managed to always beat them. I think that this season there's a real different air about the Connacht team. They seem to be a lot mentally tougher than in previous seasons. I think it will be a tight game but I think Connacht will have enough to pull through it, particularly with Marmion to come on in the last 20/15 mins to really add some pace into the game.

If this game had been before the Munster match I'm not sure I would have had the same opinion but seeing they way they held it together after that decision and went on to close out the game on top rather than just clinging on I have a new found confidence in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Is it possible to get BBC wales here? I have BBC one wales on other channels but it never has games on it

hogandrew wrote: »
    Is it possible to get BBC wales here? I have BBC one wales on other channels but it never has games on it

If you have Sky I think there is a way to get it, see here

If you can't get BBC Wales the game is on TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Is this on galway bay?

S12b wrote: »
    Is this on galway bay?

Ya it is

hogandrew wrote: »

I often watch matches on BBC Wales.....it's in English, with the Welsh commentary consigned to the red button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Yes it's available on satellite, Freesat channel 971 if you have that setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Cheers, I only had BBC one Wales tuned in and not BBC two Wales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Maul defence has been the biggest weakness this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Bad start. Maul defence not great again. Need to get our hands on the ball and start imposing our patterns...

Great work TOH!

That was great from O'Halloran to chase that kick through. Good opportunity here. Lovely offload there to eventually get the try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Porter bizzarely doesn't take the easier opportunity but finishes well in the end. Lovely hands in the build up. Great response from the lads.

Another good kick through by Porter.....and now a scrum for Connacht on the Cardiff 22. This is excellent from Connacht.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Parata is getting a lot of touches of the ball for a man that's on the bench!

Porter mixing the sublime with the ridiculous so far...

• Advertisement

I missed the start. What happened Ronaldson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

vienne86 wrote: »
    I missed the start. What happened Ronaldson?
    Getting the head test

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Today's lookalikes:

Rhys Patchell / The Sherminator

982a4d4dcb4b1780a9a4bcd7716b6271.jpg

Cardiff Coach / Eggsy from Goldie Lookin' Chain

xgoldie-lookin-chain-eggsy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.lklLRxXVCH.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

bbc wales commentators keep waffling about cuthbert, and they showed warburton in the stand, first time he has been seen when cardiff are playing in long time :)

Getting the head test

Obviously hasn't passed. Pity.

Getting the head test

he is gone for the game, wont be back on

connacht playing very well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jesus Aki and Connolly ate yer manno and now they're in!

Eazy-peezy try for Connacht. That was a great try from a set piece, but defence was woeful.

Yes McKeon.

Robb doing really well since coming on

vienne86 wrote: »
    Eazy-peezy try for Connacht. That was a great try from a set piece, but defence was woeful.

defence? wat you talking about :eek:

Twice off the post for Porter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Is there any wind? I thought Cardiff might have had it but dunno what I based that on

aimee1 wrote: »
    defence? wat you talking about :eek:

Went missing!

Jesus lads!

That's the first scrum that hasn't been evenly matched, hopefully just a blip

Superb from Connolly

Good response from connacht

We have the beating of them in this if we play clever but the wind and the mental bounce could cause problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Is there any wind? I thought Cardiff might have had it but dunno what I based that on

Commentary said it's swirling so it's not really favouring either side at the minute.

Then again commentary seem a bit ****ing cluelees at times so not even sure if I'd take their word on wind direction.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is that their normal kit they are wearing today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

If you're on the left wing your name is Parata seemingly.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Yeah, the Green Lantern thing was a one off. Given the result last week, I can see them appreciating in value.

Porter puts some zip on the ball. Hadn't really noticed that before but then we haven't really seen too much of him in his time at the Sportsground.

Bazzo wrote: »
    If you're on the left wing your name is Parata seemingly.
    Every forward is Den Buckley. Every back is Rory Parata.

nothing wrong with that at all

Stheno wrote: »

Which team? The answer is yes for both ;)

So far Robb and Connolly have been the stand outs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

aimee1 wrote: »
    nothing wrong with that at all

Yeah, didnt think there was anything wrong either.

Robbo wrote: »
    Yeah, the Green Lantern thing was a one off. Given the result last week, I can see them appreciating in value.

Porter puts some zip on the ball. Hadn't really noticed that before but then we haven't really seen too much of him in his time at the Sportsground.

He throws a few howlers too though. So has Carty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

That was dropped backwards

Think Roux was interfered with in the air.

Big Rod seems to have bottled his pain and is using it.

ouch

• Advertisement

Quinn got a fair bang on the head there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement