Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

I'm told Jack Carty expects to be back for Munster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

I'm suspecting a massive conspiracy in Connacht rugby. Keep in mind there was a question over where to fit Robbie in on his return from international duty and 'conveniently' both Craig and tiernan who have remained largely uninjured all year suddenly are unavailable. Highly irregular. Definitely worth considering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

I'm suspecting a massive conspiracy in Connacht rugby. Keep in mind there was a question over where to fit Robbie in on his return from international duty and 'conveniently' both Craig and tiernan who have remained largely uninjured all year suddenly are unavailable. Highly irregular. Definitely worth considering

Ah shtop

Sorry, just a moment of boldness. Has passed for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭testtech05

Hey guys could someone PM me the address I need to contact to claim my 2 free passes for the Glasgow game? (Not used them yet this season)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭typhoony

just to rub it in to the other provinces should'nt there be a separate thread titled "Sat 9th April Connacht V Grenoble - European Glory"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

Boshoff is starting for the Golden Lions (I think this is the equivalent of the Eagles for us) this weekend http://lionsrugby.co.za/idx/emirates-lions-and-xerox-golden-lions-xv-team-announcement/?doing_wp_cron=1460108833.8328120708465576171875

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Season Ticket Holder Exclusive

Potential Home Semi-final - Exclusive Ticket Presale

Connacht take on Grenoble in the quarter-final of the European Challenge Cup this Saturday, April 9th at 21:05 (local time).

In the event that Connacht emerge victorious, the European Challenge Cup semi-final will be held at the Sportsground on the weekend of the 22nd/23rd/24th of April. In this instance an online ticket presale will open to 2015/16 Season Ticket Holders only on Sunday, April 10th at 9am.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public 24 hours later on Monday April 11th at 9am.

How to access the presale?
    Log onto the tickets section of our website.
    The fixture will be visible from 9am on Sunday, April 10th.
    You will need your Season Ticket number to access the ticket presale.

Reminder
    Tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis for all areas of the Sportsground.
    Season Tickets do not cover entry to home play-offs or knock out stages of the European Challenge Cup or the Guinness PRO12. However Season Ticket Holders have exclusive access to tickets for these events via a ticket presale.

Ticketing terms and conditions apply.

Just continueing on this conspiracy theory. I suspect that wprathead is in fact not a prathead at all but in fact the nefarious mastermind behind this plot. I also suspect that Bilston, Hagz and Thomond2006 were used as expert outside consultants. I believe if anything went wrong Bazzo's place in the UK was to be used as a safe haven and I believe that boards.ie moderators have been complicit in all this by sending out infractions in the hope that the whole thing will be covered up. So there. You got it from the horses mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Season Ticket Holder Exclusive

Potential Home Semi-final - Exclusive Ticket Presale

Connacht take on Grenoble in the quarter-final of the European Challenge Cup this Saturday, April 9th at 21:05 (local time).

In the event that Connacht emerge victorious, the European Challenge Cup semi-final will be held at the Sportsground on the weekend of the 22nd/23rd/24th of April. In this instance an online ticket presale will open to 2015/16 Season Ticket Holders only on Sunday, April 10th at 9am.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public 24 hours later on Monday April 11th at 9am.

How to access the presale?
    Log onto the tickets section of our website.
    The fixture will be visible from 9am on Sunday, April 10th.
    You will need your Season Ticket number to access the ticket presale.

Reminder
    Tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis for all areas of the Sportsground.
    Season Tickets do not cover entry to home play-offs or knock out stages of the European Challenge Cup or the Guinness PRO12. However Season Ticket Holders have exclusive access to tickets for these events via a ticket presale.

Ticketing terms and conditions apply.

only 24 hrs for the STH is a bit tight some people mightn't get to computers till monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Just continueing on this conspiracy theory. I suspect that wprathead is in fact not a prathead at all but in fact the nefarious mastermind behind this plot. I also suspect that Bilston, Hagz and Thomond2006 were used as expert outside consultants. I believe if anything went wrong Bazzo's place in the UK was to be used as a safe haven and I believe that boards.ie moderators have been complicit in all this by sending out infractions in the hope that the whole thing will be covered up. So there. You got it from the horses mouth.

This raises a very interesting point.

Is he a wp rathead?

Or a w prathead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

This raises a very interesting point.

Is he a wp rathead?

Or a w prathead?
    I always assumed the former. He's a word processing rat head in my book. You know it makes sense :D

The boredom is strong on this forum :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Tweet by John Muldoon a few hours ago ....

https://twitter.com/JohnMuldoon8/status/718343145226956800

salmocab wrote: »
    only 24 hrs for the STH is a bit tight some people mightn't get to computers till monday morning.

It doesn't say explicitly but I presume it is one ticket per STH.

It would be great if you could get two.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I always assumed the former. He's a word processing rat head in my book. You know it makes sense :D

The boredom is strong on this forum :eek:
    William P. Rathead in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Connacht team to face Grenoble, Saturday April9th, Stade des Alpes, 9:05pm

15 Matt Healy
    14 Niyi Adeolokun
    13 Robbie Henshaw
    12 Bundee Aki
    11 Danie Poolman
    10 Shane O’Leary
    9 Kieran Marmion

1 Denis Buckley
    2 Tom McCartney
    3 Finlay Bealham
    4 Ultan Dillane
    5 Andrew Browne
    6 Sean O’Brien
    7 Eoin McKeon
    8 John Muldoon (captain)

Replacements:

16 Dave Heffernan
    17 Ronan Loughney
    18 JP Cooney
    19 Quinn Roux
    20 James Connolly
    21 John Cooney
    22 Peter Robb
    23 Fionn Carr

Injured/Unavailable: Nathan White, Ben Marshall, Jake Heenan*, Nepia Fox-Matamua, Eoghan Masterson, Ian Porter, Caolin Blade, Jack Carty, Craig Ronaldson, AJ MacGinty, Dave McSharry, Rory Parata, Api Pewhairangi, Darragh Leader, Ciaran Gaffney, Tiernan O’Halloran

*Jake Heenan rolled his (other) ankle in Tuesday afternoon’s pitch session which ruled him out of traveling to France this weekend. An update will be provided on his expected return to play date next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭testtech05

No Sign of Aly at all is a bit of a surprise, must be linked to the rumored move to Grenoble?

There are going to be trys!

Looking forward to this now, that'll be an exciting team to watch.

That Connacht team is gonna attack from everywhere, bit surprised Conor McKeon isn't the sub outhalf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

You make me laugh Billy, I'll give you that.

That team should put on a good show, Pat is obviously going for any and all available silverware.

Rodney has rightly been dropped from the 23 all together even with White out, sadly we may not see him in green again.

Anyone know what happened to Blade? I don't remember him being injured?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Bazzo wrote: »
    He certainly took a bit of a knock in scoring last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Presume Cooney is just preferred. Slightly odd though given that Blade could cover 10 to a certain extent anyway.

Robbo wrote: »
    He certainly took a bit of a knock in scoring last week.
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Presume Cooney is just preferred. Slightly odd though given that Blade could cover 10 to a certain extent anyway.

He's listed as unavailable though. I do remember him holding his shoulder after the try but seemed to finish out the game ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

He's listed as unavailable though. I do remember him holding his shoulder after the try but seemed to finish out the game ok.

Ah he is indeed, hadn't noticed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Well Pat's going for it anyways, great to see. Has Healy played full back for us before?

I presumed judging on recent selections he'd have gone with Healy on the wing ahead of Pooleman with Robb in the centre with Bundee and Robbie at full back.

I think Healy will be fine back there though and very exciting prospect of some dangerous counter attacks. Presume Aly being left out is due to the rumours of him signing for Grenoble. Sort of surprised George isn't even on the bench. Rodney fully deserves to be dropped. Was worse than useless up in Ravenhill.

Just as a doomsday scenario, if O'Leary goes down, what happens then? Presume one of the scrum halves would go in to 10? Or Robbie?

Didn't Robbie slot in at 10 during the last 10 mins at Ravenhill? Either way, yeah, it'd be either himself or one of the scrum halves I'd imagine.

It's terribly impressive that a cohesive let alone good team can be got together considering that injury/unavailable list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Jesus that's some injury list.

What's Healy like as a FB?

stephen_n wrote: »
    Jesus that's some injury list.

What's Healy like as a FB?

He barely ever plays full back but the only available options are himself and Robbie, usually in this situation Robbie would be at 15, kind of surprising to see Matt there. I'd expect him to be a menace going forward but I wouldn't be surprised if his positioning is suspect.

If you think that injury list is bad you mustn't have seen it before Christmas when it would have been easier to list the available players!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cosalofa

Grenoble are putting out what seems to be their best team :

CfhMi_EXIAAr2CZ.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

salmocab wrote: »

Not to mention some people are away and understandably don't have their ST with them, or have access to a pc during the very short window. Posting this from the skies over Australia, I certainly didn't bring my ST on holiday with me... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭deisedude

Whats happened to James Hart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

deisedude wrote: »
    Whats happened to James Hart?
    Rumoured to be heading for Racing 92. Richie Rich would be pleased with how Grenoble are playing him as a result. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Zzippy wrote: »
    Not to mention some people are away and understandably don't have their ST with them, or have access to a pc during the very short window. Posting this from the skies over Australia, I certainly didn't bring my ST on holiday with me... :(

Your ticket number is in the confirmation email sent when you paid for it. It's labelled "Account Number".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Haha Lads it's W.P. Rathead ;)

And word in Geneva airport is Henshaw is covering outhalf

Ok some further developments on this Robbie thing. It seems that within zzippys profile is an encrypted link to the darkweb where all the planning took place. In fact it is believed that zzippy is not in fact a person but a piece of leading edge software that accomodates such dastardly actions. It is highly suspected that while wprathead came up with the idea, it was connachta who project managed the whole thing.

So the nuts and bolts of what happened is that the so called b.gud (don't be deceived by the name) removed some nanobots from the electronics department at NUIG. He then progammed these nanobots to attack certain parts of the body once injested. These nanobots were passed to the highly suspicious character porterbelly. It seems this porterbelly guy had access to the players high energy drinks and spiked them with the nanobots.

Now that the whole conspiracy has unravelled it is unclear what will happen next. It appears that the nanobots cannot be removed from the body so there is talk at management level of reprogramming the bots to make the two players superhuman. More details later as it happens

Matt Healy 9/2 to score a try and 18/1 to score the first try paddy power.

I've had my fun off with ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Happy Carr has a last go with Connacht in a knock-out game. deserved goodbye

• Advertisement

As I reach the end of this investigation I find myself staggered with the duplicity involved in this, what folks would call, inane connacht thread. Tomorrow I plan to reveal the culpability of individual members of this forum in this staggeringly complicated and yet quite ingenious plan to scupper the Connacht team. Hold the press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Impossible to get into Grenoble nightclubs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm guessing you have to be sober!

Great article on Adeolokun
    http://the42.ie/2705595

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭typhoony

anyone found a good quality stream for this as I don't have BT sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

is this a red button game, not coming up on bt for me. Any of the french channels carrying it?

anyone got any feedback on how boshoff played this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

is this a red button game, not coming up on bt for me. Any of the french channels carrying it?

ESPN

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

A rare outing for rugby on ESPN.

So the final report on this conspiracy that has been uncovered. There is webcam footage available from The Dail bar dated Wednesday Feb 3rd 8.32pm when Mr William Pierce Rathead (obviously an assumed name) met up with members from the different provinces to discuss the Robbie issue. It can be clearly seen from the footage that all four conspirators got highly animated during the meeting but it seems Mr Rathead finally got his way. That said it is clearly obvious that these 'consultants' were uncomfortable with what Mr WP Rathead was proposing.

Rolling on one week later at 9.47pm Mr Rathead can be clearly seen meeting up with connachta and b.gud at the same location where another highly animated discussion occured. This b.gud guy (apparently a professor in electronics himself at NUIG) was uncomfortable with the removal of technology from his department while connachta apparently seemed very comfortable with the whole plan.

Roll on two weeks later at 1.30 pm in the same location the shady porterbelly can be seen entering the Dail. He looks left and right before seating himself opposite b.gud. It is clearly obvious via the webcam that a package is passed between both dodgy individuals.

Unfortunately there is no camera proof of how and when this Porterbelly guy delivered the final blow by lacing poor Craig and Tiernans drinks with these bots. I will continue to investigate this but I am most concerned by the nature of things happening at our province

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement