Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Rugby Thread - Part III - The Violence of the Lams

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

David Kelly in the Indo said Leinster should get rid of Joe Schmidt in 2010!
    Good point :-). One other observation about him was that he has always been of the impression that there are three provinces in Ireland if his writing is anything to go by. Same could be said of Gerry thornley. That said its great to open the info and the times these days leading with Connacht articles.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    No wonder Billy likes him.
    Wud ya stop :-).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Currently trying to renew my season ticket but the website keeps crashing! I've 15 minutes left! Talk about a panic!

Redo91 wrote: »
    Currently trying to renew my season ticket but the website keeps crashing! I've 15 minutes left! Talk about a panic!
    You should be used to it. Hasnt the last 15 minutes of a connacht game normally been panic associated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

Best of luck.

I wonder how strict they'll be on the time, I'm not currently an sth so hoping to get the early bird at 12.01 :D

I'll be sickened if I miss out on a ST ticket in the clan when I've been there the last 4 seasons! I've emailed them now saying I was trying to renew but couldn't. Hopefully they will be sound about it and don't make me pay the early bird price.

I'll be sickened if I miss out on a ST ticket in the clan when I've been there the last 4 seasons! I've emailed them now saying I was trying to renew but couldn't. Hopefully they will be sound about it and don't make me pay the early bird price.

You might be lucky it won't let me buy a season ticket, it says that they're on sale from the 16th,ie now, so maybe it requires someone to push a button to say they've moved from renewals to early bird

b.gud wrote: »
    You might be lucky it won't let me buy a season ticket, it says that they're on sale from the 16th,ie now, so maybe it requires someone to push a button to say they've moved from renewals to early bird

It's after the deadline so I'm now trying to buy them as if I'm a new ST holder. I clicked on that option and it says that they won't be going on general sale until the 16th even though it is now the 16th! It's a bit of a joke of a system. I had a good few problems with it last year too. It says that they will text us when tickets go on general sale so I guess we can't buy them til we get that text.

It's after the deadline so I'm now trying to buy them as if I'm a new ST holder. I clicked on that option and it says that they won't be going on general sale until the 16th even though it is now the 16th! It's a bit of a joke of a system. I had a good few problems with it last year too. It says that they will text us when tickets go on general sale so I guess we can't buy them til we get that text.

I'd keep trying to get them at the renewal price, if they aren't available now them it might not be an automated system. I registered for priority access to the early bird but got nothing, I emailed today and was told they'd be publicly available on the 16th so don't know if I need an email or what

• Advertisement

I'd keep trying to get them at the renewal price, if they aren't available now them it might not be an automated system. I registered for priority access to the early bird but got nothing, I emailed today and was told they'd be publicly available on the 16th so don't know if I need an email or what

I put my password in a few times and they've locked me out now! I have to wait a while before trying again. I wouldn't mind but I would have renewed earlier but I only got paid today. I'm getting a second ticket for my dad for his birthday so need plenty of funds in my account. I'll give the branch a ring on my break tomorrow and hopefully they'll be sound about it. So worried now I'll miss out on the clan!

This is a p**stake! They've locked me out of the renewals page for over 30 minutes now because I entered the wrong password?! Such a stupid system.

Early bird tickets on sale now!

Got sorted in the end. Had to set up my third account and paid a bit more than I should have been paying but just glad to have it sorted now.

Just got mine mine, see you all in the clan terrace next season ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

How much is the early bird price, out of interest, and anyone know how it compares to last year?

Zzippy wrote: »
    How much is the early bird price, out of interest, and anyone know how it compares to last year?

Early renewal (probably not available anymore) is €229, early bird is €249 and regular price is €279 not sure how that compares to last year though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Early renewal (probably not available anymore) is €229, early bird is €249 and regular price is €279 not sure how that compares to last year though

Cheers, yeah I renewed yesterday, was just wondering what the general price was. Still great value...

Zzippy wrote: »
    Cheers, yeah I renewed yesterday, was just wondering what the general price was. Still great value...

It really is considering you get 14 games, plus warm up and eagles games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Just saw this on the site:

**There is no option this year to upgrade to the hospitality marquee. We are delighted to advise that all Season Ticket Holders will have access to the hospitality marquee at the Sportsground for the 2016/17 season.

Is this the first season this has been the case? Nice little bonus if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Question - what is the contract status of Pat Lam? Am I right in saying he took over summer 2013 on a 2 year deal with an option to extend for a further year meaning his contract is up this summer??

S12b wrote: »
    Question - what is the contract status of Pat Lam? Am I right in saying he took over summer 2013 on a 2 year deal with an option to extend for a further year meaning his contract is up this summer??

No, fortunately he signed up until 2018 last year

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12040/9655068/connacht-confirm-new-three-year-contract-for-head-coach-pat-lam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

S12b wrote: »

I think he's on til 2017 if not further

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Guys, guys.... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???:eek:

Before the game we were talking about the slim chance to miss Champions Cup,
    Now it's nearly impoossible to miss the semi final for the 1st time in our history (Scarlets would need 10/10 and +75 of goalaverage to be in front)

Am I dreaming? Seriously.... Wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Have to say, credit to Schmidt/Feek on their Bealham call up. He's been quality ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Have to say, credit to Schmidt/Feek on their Bealham call up. He's been quality ever since.

Still bizarre we called him up as a loose head.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Still bizarre we called him up as a loose head.

I think he was called up specifically because he can pack down on either side.

Connacht Rugby
    2013-2014 - RaboDirect PRO12 Played 22 Points 35
    2015-2016 - RaboDirect PRO12 Played 20 Points 68
    a6a08f2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

So... Who can we get over from Munster when they are not playing champions cups rugby next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

So... Who can we get over from Munster when they are not playing champions cups rugby next year?

Who would you want. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

errlloyd wrote: »
    Who would you want. :p

That Murray lad isn't too bad.

That Murray lad isn't too bad.

Yeah good 4th choice behind Marmion Blade and Cooney:D:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

connachta wrote: »

You need strength in depth.
    Might take that Zebo fella as well. Would be a handy back 3 player for the Eagles 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is CJ Stander good from the tee? Because a 5th outhalf might be handy next year.

Guys, guys.... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???:eek:

Before the game we were talking about the slim chance to miss Champions Cup,
    Now it's nearly impoossible to miss the semi final for the 1st time in our history (Scarlets would need 10/10 and +75 of goalaverage to be in front)

Am I dreaming? Seriously.... Wow

Not that it's going to happen but if scarlets were to pick up 10 points against us getting zero they would be ahead on games won.
    Not going to happen anyway.

Is CJ Stander good from the tee? Because a 5th outhalf might be handy next year.

Indeed with Masterson recovering, he won't be useful as n°8. But whatever the important point is the IRFU continues to support a bit the "developement province in the South":p

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

Is it too late in the day to pull out any big signings? We're surely an attractive option for new signings

And don't forget we've beaten Munster by 35 to 14 without

1) Masterson
    2) Heenan
    3) Fox Matamua
    4) McGinty/Boshoff to come
    5) Roux and Marshall
    6) Poolman and Leader
    7) TOH
    8 ) White
    9) Ronaldson

And I just highlighted the obvious contenders for the starting XV, not even talking about Heff, Connolly, Blade, McSharry, Gaffney, Parata, who are Very promising....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

BrokenMan wrote: »
    You need strength in depth.
    Might take that Zebo fella as well. Would be a handy back 3 player for the Eagles 😉
    Indeed with Masterson recovering, he won't be useful as n°8. But whatever the important point is the IRFU continues to support a bit the "developement province in the South":p
    Ahh lads! Be a bit gracious would ya. No need for the glee at your opponent's expense.

Ahh lads! Be a bit gracious would ya. No need for the glee at your opponent's expense.

It's pure tongue in cheek from me anyway. I've a lot of respect for munster and genuinely don't like seeing them where they are now.

Coooooonnnnnnnnaaaaaacccccchhhhhhttttttt!

I'm drunk :D

• Advertisement

Same for me, just humour, and I wish Munster will finish in front of Scarlets to have the 4 proud provinces in ChampionsCup:)

Personally I'm keeping all my sniping for smug texts to close friends. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

What a great victory. Whilst we all enjoy it, I could not help but think that Dillane who was the best player on the pitch must have enjoyed it more than anyone. I mean you would...... As a son of Tralee. He is just a fantastic rugby player.

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    What a great victory. Whilst we all enjoy it, I could not help but think that Dillane who was the best player on the pitch must have enjoyed it more than anyone. I mean you would...... As a son of Tralee. He is just a fantastic rugby player.

There were several brilliant performances tonight: Dillane, Buckley, Bealham, Niyi, O'Leary did great apart from a coupe of blips.

But all that aside, Bundee was an absolutely deserving motm for me. What a heroic performance, he absolutely stole the show. Twice he was down and looked badly hurt and kept playing on regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Apologies if I came off arseholey. I absolutely can empathise with Munster supporters, even as of right now. Just on a Galway GAA front we've management issues, huge debt and tactics that don't cut it at the top level. Axl obviously knows it isn't working out and probably carries similar pressures to what poor Eric had to contend with a few years back, which as a supporter is an awful feeling and Elwood probably laid more foundations than Foley has. Still hopeful of 4 provinces in the Champions Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

BrokenMan wrote: »
    It's pure tongue in cheek from me anyway. I've a lot of respect for munster and genuinely don't like seeing them where they are now.
    Same for me, just humour, and I wish Munster will finish in front of Scarlets to have the 4 proud provinces in ChampionsCup:)
    Bazzo wrote: »
    Personally I'm keeping all my sniping for smug texts to close friends. ;)
    Apologies if I came off arseholey. I absolutely can empathise with Munster supporters, even as of right now. Just on a Galway GAA front we've management issues, huge debt and tactics that don't cut it at the top level. Axl obviously knows it isn't working out and probably carries similar pressures to what poor Eric had to contend with a few years back, which as a supporter is an awful feeling and Elwood probably laid more foundations than Foley has. Still hopeful of 4 provinces in the Champions Cup.
    Fiar enough, but it comes across as a bit gloating and as Diabhal Beag says above, we really want all provinces in the Champions Cup next year if only to show that we didn't need any 'leg ups' to get there. Like the old rules were holding us back. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with how Connacht played and a home semi is a massive acheivement (assuming that it's all but in the bag). But Munster supporters are hurting badly and don't really need to have it shoved in their faces. I'm hopeful that they'll make it but it's not a done deal yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Yeah what goes around comes around. It's turning into an excellent season for Connacht, but best just to be humble rather vain. Most of ye are sound, but the odd Connacht supporter taking a dump in the other provinces threads wears a bit thin.

Also (and I say this generically after reading comments across a few Irish websites), it's genuinely great to see Aki doing so well, but everything must be taken into perspective: a MOTM performance in the Pro 12 against probably the worst Munster side since I've been following the Irish provinces (2007), means he's ready for the next step up (Champions Cup). It doesn't mean Steve Hansen is tearing his hair out, cursing and cussing, wearing sackcloth and fasting, wondering how Aki got away and beseeching the rugby gods to make him come home...or that he is definitely among the top 5 centres in world rugby.

Putting all that aside, for a neutral I think the best visual spectacle for the Pro 12 final would be Connacht vs Glasgow, and that is probably what I'll look out for, even if I have Leinster leanings.

Fiar enough, but it comes across as a bit gloating and as Diabhal Beag says above, we really want all provinces in the Champions Cup next year if only to show that we didn't need any 'leg ups' to get there. Like the old rules were holding us back. :).

Fair point.
    I've a lot of friends munster supporters and while I'd be giving them a bit of grief now they know where I'm coming from. There's only 2 games in the season I wouldn't support munster.
    I realise that wouldn't come across in an online forum.
    Apologies if I offended anyone or came across as gloating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

How is the seeding for the Champions Cup determined, is it on league position or does the play offs have an effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

ki wrote: »
    How is the seeding for the Champions Cup determined, is it on league position or does the play offs have an effect?

League position

Everybody who could should watch Nottingham vs Carnegies 2:55 this afternoon, starring Conor Carey as loosehead!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement