Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grey Guignol(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    back home from the coalface & chillin' before I have to do it all over again.

Hows Stripey
    :)

All good here :) Chillin' for the night as well, preparing myself for this weekend :D
    Howdy doody :)
    Evening PawPaw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

All good here, bit tired but will persevere. Too early to being going to leaba.

How's alll in Casa de Paws.
    It is a little bit early. Give it another hour or so, then it's acceptable. I'll be doing the same.

I'm good today. Feeling a bit better. I bought myself Dara O' Briain's new DVD today so that's my night sorted. :D
    :)

All good here :) Chillin' for the night as well, preparing myself for this weekend :D

Evening PawPaw :)

Looking forward to this weekend myself :D

Hi Boxers :D

Why do people make plans, then cancel at the last minute?

Really winds me up.

Friend and I had plans for this weekend, so she cancelled at the last minute, with an excuse.

Not the first time this has happened either.

I was in great form til 15 mins ago.

She is after really pissing me off. :mad:

For the record, it wasn't me. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Do the same to her Stripey

• Advertisement

If it was, then definitely do it !!!!!

:D

:D :pac:
    I can't, she won't make plans. :P
    If it was, then definitely do it !!!!!

:pac:

So she asked was I annoyed, and I pretty much said I was, and she said I "spoilt".

Is she for real.

I'm spoilt because I am annoyed over her cancelling plans at the last minute, more than once.

She said what? :eek:

Just because you're not putting up with her being a flake?

(This seems to be a today's theme, I had a similar issue with my friend)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

She is after really pissing me off. :mad:
    This expression reminds me of a humourous story once told by two friends who were brothers. They were very young when an incident occurred. One brother, who we will call Ron, had a habit of sleep walking. The other brother, who we'll call Dave, slept soundly. One night Ron dreamed that he had to go really bad, and climbed out of bed and walked to the W/C to relieve himself. He did in his dream, but all of a sudden he was awoken by his brother Dave, screaming at him! Ron had been sleep walking, not just dreaming, but he had walked to Dave's bed not the W/C, and he had just pissed on Dave while he slept for real. Years later, when recalling this, Dave will say with a laugh, it's better to be pissed off than pissed on!

The story, as stories go, seems a bit incredible to me in telling it, especially because it had been told to me in a pub after a couple tall ones, but there's a message someplace here for you Boxers, as well as for the rest of us when pissed-off methinks. The Greeks called such things Tragic Comedies, and if you go back and look at what pissed you off, you might find something ironic or foolish in another's behaviour, and then laugh about it, if not now, then perhaps later.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

Black Swan wrote: »
    This expression reminds me of a humourous story once told by two friends who were brothers. They were very young when an incident occurred. One brother, who we will call Ron, had a habit of sleep walking. The other brother, who we'll call Dave, slept soundly. One night Ron dreamed that he had to go really bad, and climbed out of bed and walked to the W/C to relieve himself. He did in his dream, but all of a sudden he was awoken by his brother Dave, screaming at him! Ron had been sleep walking, not just dreaming, but he had walked to Dave's bed not the W/C, and he had just pissed on Dave while he slept for real. Years later, when recalling this, Dave will say with a laugh, it's better to be pissed off than pissed on!

The story, as stories go, seems a bit incredible to me in telling it, especially because it had been told to me in a pub after a couple tall ones, but there's a message someplace here for you Boxers, as well as for the rest of us when pissed-off methinks. The Greeks called such things Tragic Comedies, and if you go back and look at what pissed you off, you might find something ironic or foolish in another's behaviour, and then laugh about it, if not now, then perhaps later.

you should write more swannie :D

• Advertisement

WANT!

RobinPaintBoxHeader.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

XR3i wrote: »
    you should write more swannie :D
    Thanks XR3i. Years ago I wrote a few short-short fictions for boards' Creative Writing forum, but stopped for some reason. Here's one called Cat Shopping that you may like. My user name was Blue_Lagoon back then, officially changing it to Black Swan later on.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

Thanks XR3i. Years ago I wrote a few short-short fictions for boards' Creative Writing forum, but stopped for some reason. Here's one called Cat Shopping that you may like. My user name was Blue_Lagoon back then, officially changing it to Black Swan later on.

thanks for makin' me smile on numerous occasions :D

When did our beloved Swannie sneak in?

When did our beloved Swannie sneak in?
    Ted always knows what to say during times like these. Methinks Ted and XR3i are a couple of the reasons why I like coming to the Lair. :D

Ted always knows what to say during times like these. Methinks Ted and XR3i are a couple of the reasons why I like coming to the Lair. :D

that's more like it.

How is all on the Westside ( in best Gangsta accent)

Like it's just cool out here Ted, like I like it most times bro. Like the weather, like the pool parties, like the beaches with waves like no place on Earth. Like what's not to like Ted? Like, like what huh? (in Valley Speak) :D

I guess, like, the locals like to say like, like.

She said what? :eek:

Just because you're not putting up with her being a flake?

(This seems to be a today's theme, I had a similar issue with my friend)
    I know, can you believe.

Apparently because I live at home, I don't have anything to pay for.

No, I don't have electric, bins, water, food etc to pay for, the service providers and supermarkets provide all of those for free. :rolleyes:

This has me in stitches :pac: Thanks Swannie, this has cheered me up a lot :D
    Oooh, I will be checking those out, see what else can make me laugh :D

Love reading stories :D

that's more like it.

I have absolutely no idea why but I read that in a Jamaican accent!

• Advertisement

I have absolutely no idea why but I read that in a Jamaican accent!

I'm sure there can be Jamaican Ganstas too.

I'm sure there can :)

I bought Dara O' Briain's new DVD today, I'm just getting into bed to watch it now. :D

I'll be getting in soon.

My bed that is before the dirty minded lot in here get ideas.

Hehe :pac:

I'll be getting in soon.

My bed that is before the dirty minded lot in here get ideas.
    Don't like sharing I take it Ted? :D

/sorry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Business as usual here then :D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Business as usual here then :D

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I love this place so much, never know what kind of conversation you'd join :D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I love this place so much, never know what kind of conversation you'd join :D
    +1 to this.

I was in horrid form after my friend wound me up, now I'm in great form, thanks to this place.

<3 the Lair :D

• Advertisement

Why am I hungry at this time of night?

I had food earlier, and was full after it, it wasn't that long ago either, so why am I hungry again, especially at midnight? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement