Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grey Guignol(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

ToniTuddle wrote:
    Ohh well if I won the Euromillions I'd have an animal sanctuary for all animals including farm ones not just the usual pets.
    Me too!
    ToniTuddle wrote:
    Do you mean how some cats are called Russian Blue and they are a distinct grey colour?

Haven't seen a grey Dach. I have a fondness for that colour in dogs and cats.
    Blue Merle, thats what it's called! OMG Google them, they're stunning!

I really like ginger cats. :p
    La.de.da wrote:
    I've recently met two whippets like mini greyhounds omg so cute and graceful.
    Oh they are the sweetest dogs!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Three and a half hours left and me I missed all the animal chat.. I think if I get another dog it'll be a terrier maybe like an airedale perhaps.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

First Lemmy now Bowie :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

First Lemmy now Bowie :(
    what are you saying?

edit: omg just checked the news...... : (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

There was a show on the radio dedicated to him because of the new album last night. I'm a bit stunned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Was not expecting that about Bowie. Didn't he just release an album too?

Angron wrote: »

Yes he did. Check out the video for lazarus, could be seen as quite poignant now.

There was a show on the radio dedicated to him because of the new album last night. I'm a bit stunned.
    ya, me too .. shock really...

Angron wrote: »
    me neither.. and yes angron he did...
    i loved him since iwas just a kid... my best friend had a room full of his posters on the walls.. he was really and truly unique person.. few people know but he was a great painter too.. ........ m just really sad.....

Indeed Joya, multi faceted in the arts.. Have just seen him referred to as a celebrity which undersells him entirely..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

WWE have a character called Stardust, it took my friend over a year to realise it was a whole Ziggy Stardust thing. I have no idea how it took him that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Very sad to learn of his death, a music icon and an inspiration to so many. Rest in peace David.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

another blue Monday, Bowie you'll be missed son.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

*picks up Lair vibe*

Good-gloomy Monday, peoples.... Comfort-tea anyone?

cgh wrote: »
    another blue Monday, Bowie you'll be missed son.
    yea.. this planet feels already poorer for not having him with us.....

iman-17.gif?w=467&h=362
    bowie & iman..

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Chuckle-coffee plz :p

If you can read this, you're too close!

*puts down Lair vibe and backs away slowly* :eek:

How the hay are ya, Shane? :D

*pours chuckle coffee*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What a shitty morning :( Goodbye Mr Bowie you magnificent man.

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

How the hay are ya, Shane? :D

*pours chuckle coffee*
    the hay is dry and in the shed :P
    Shiminay wrote: »
    yep. sad thing to wake up to in the twitter feed :(

If you can read this, you're too close!

"Strung out in heaven's high
    Hitting an all-time low"....

m really sad about this..
    yes having coffee but it tastes sad too..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Deeply saddened. Grew up listening to bowie. A legend from labyrinth to ziggy stardust....

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hey folks.

Sad news about Bowie :(

Songs transcended many decades & generations.

There's not one piece of music I can listen to today that doesn't have something to be grateful to him for starting or inspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

La.de.da wrote: »
    I've recently met two whippets like mini greyhounds omg so cute and graceful.

I like your idea toni. Love loads money and a sanctuary.

Aww Whippets are lovely dogs they love their cuddles. I've yet to meet an Italian Greyhound they are even smaller. Check out Jenna Marbles on youtube she has one called Kermit.

Well if you win the Euro Millions I'd happily move to wherever you are in the country and work to get it set up :D
    Three and a half hours left and me I missed all the animal chat.. I think if I get another dog it'll be a terrier maybe like an airedale perhaps.

Don't worry anytime of the day is good to bring up animal chat :)
    Ohhh yeah Airedales are gorgeous but daaaamn they headstrong too. Plus like the Greyhounds(with the Whippets and Italians) they each have a sort of mini version too even though they are seperate breeds, they've got the Welsh and Lakeland. The images online don't really show the difference in sizes but the Lakeland is soo small and light. As far as I know they become no bigger than a Pug.
    Shiminay wrote: »

Couldn't believe the news this morning, never even heard he had cancer. Suppose they were dealing with it quietly :(
    It always happens in 3's so first Lemmy and now Bowie I dread to think who the next will be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

Im normally on for the Happy Monday Dance,
    but dont feel like it today.

listning to Bowie and Queen "under pressure"

might watch the labyrinth film later on too

cgh wrote: »
    Im normally on for the Happy Monday Dance,
    but dont feel like it today.

listning to Bowie and Queen "under pressure"

might watch the labyrinth film later on too

i will too. watched it 1.5 or 2 years ago and really love it..

<3 : (

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

I still feel like having a bowl in my stomach... :(

Hows you all....

• Advertisement

Maybe you should start a separate Bowie tribute thread? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement