Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grey Guignol(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hi Toni, must say I was an awful sucker for spending more time and money on my dog's diet than my own so I can sympathise.. How are ya anyway?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

How's our Grem, Caffy & Toni?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Evening, T!

Evening Hughie! :pac:
    I'm in the processing of finishing that PM
    Hi Toni, must say I was an awful sucker for spending more time and money on my dog's diet than my own so I can sympathise.. How are ya anyway?.

Ahhh well I have to do something for her and the outdoor cat. He is exceptionally fat like 7kg when he should be 4! It's my bloody mother keeps thinking he needs more food not realising no matter how much I tell her they really feicin don't. Indoor one has put on a lot in recent months my fault for not cutting down more and also again the mother over feeding her when I'm away! :rolleyes:

Back on raw would sort out all the problems but freezer space is a problem so the freeze dried stuff would be the next best option. Just emailed Orijen to see if their freeze dried dog food can be given to cats as they only seem to have freeze dried cat treats no set food as such.

I shouldn't be allowed into pet stores.....the amount of crap I buy :D
    What type of dog do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Eddie Redmayne has such a cute face :o

ToniTuddle wrote:
    Back on raw would sort out all the problems but freezer space is a problem so the freeze dried stuff would be the next best option. Just emailed Orijen to see if their freeze dried dog food can be given to cats as they only seem to have freeze dried cat treats no set food as such.

You'd have to be careful with the nutrients in it tbh, cats need taurine because they can't make it themselves, dogs can so it's unlikely to be added to dog food. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

She was a westie, had skin issues so lots of research done on the right things for that..
    Paws to the rescue!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

How's our Grem, Caffy & Toni?

Doing alright here, could be worse :) and yourself?

You'd have to be careful with the nutrients in it tbh, cats need taurine because they can't make it themselves, dogs can so it's unlikely to be added to dog food. :)

Yeah that's what I'm thinking of. But seeing as it is basically freeze dried high quality meat mixed with other items it should have the taurine in it. But will be asking all the questions to make 100% sure.

Eddie Redmayne has such a cute face :o

He does and he seems just adorable in any of his interviews :D
    She was a westie, had skin issues so lots of research done on the right things for that..
    Paws to the rescue!.

Awww wee westie :) Such lovely wee faces

ToniTuddle wrote:
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking of. But seeing as it is basically freeze dried high quality meat mixed with other items it should have the taurine in it. But will be asking all the questions to make 100% sure.
    Oh that's interesting. Hopefully it is suitable. I wish more owners would put as much effort into feeding their pets the correct food :)

• Advertisement

ToniTuddle wrote:
    He does and he seems just adorable in any of his interviews
    Lol, new crush for Paws! :p

More the merrier Paws!.

Fire alarm went off in apt block and scared the sh1t out of me, small fire here but tis under control now

Oh that's interesting. Hopefully it is suitable. I wish more owners would put as much effort into feeding their pets the correct food :)

Had her on raw when we were living abroad and it's quite frankly the best thing ever. Unfortunately not possible since moving back to Ireland. There is one supplier down in Dublin where you can bulk buy frozen stuff and either mix it up yourself or they do some mixes. Though they cater for dogs so the sizes are huge which is problematic to thaw/there would be wastage basically. Getting the stuff fresh from butchers would work out a bomb could be difficult to get the right amount of meat and organs and bones for their daily requirements.

I can get access to raw chicken necks/duck necks which is great. Duck necks are too big though for the cats so chicken ones will have to do.

Prefer the freeze dried treats to as they are simply one ingredient like just pure liver or heart or freeze dried little fish, none of the filler crap they put in.

I don't really have a huge amount of experience with feeding a few diet but a former colleague swears by it. Should really look into it a little bit actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I need this cup. :P

il_570xN.699895921_68qs.jpg

Beginning to calm down a bit, lot of smoke was scary!

I don't really have a huge amount of experience with feeding a few diet but a former colleague swears by it. Should really look into it a little bit actually.

Yup it's the best. Good few dogs I worked with were on it due to having allergies or health issues and it cleared everything up for them.

For my own well her weight was perfect and she was never hungry as the food satisfied her completely so no begging. Her teeth were perfectly white and no bad breath and her coat was good with not as much shedding. The highlight was the litter tray she peed a max twice a day and only pooped once. That poop was only just one very small lump with zero smell. Makes litter last a lot longer as a result.

Was worried at the start as she wasn't drinking as much water(as she was on the dry/wet food) but after bit of research realised she was getting plenty moisture from the raw food so didn't need to drink much. They had great variety and decent price so I could have her whole month planned out and it didn't take up much room at all in freezer. If I remember correctly she was only on 80-100g a day back then. While my mates dog had to be on 1lb of raw food a day so he was jealous ha :D but to be fair he had a monster of a dog size wise :pac:

Thank feck the fire alarms were working Atc.

Thank feck the fire alarms were working Atc.

Indeed! Could have turned out a lot worse

• Advertisement

Halfway mark behind me, all good..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

James Morrison heart%2Bemoticon.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Just coming by to say hi. Having trouble getting on the site. Hopefully it,will work itself out soon .

Yo Wolfie, it's still a bit slow to work here too. Hope all is well your side..

Morning all. Up early. Have a meeting at the bank. I should have cancelled because I don't have an address but I was up for ages waiting for a phone call about the house that never came. Left him a message and and all. It was too late to cancel when I got out of work. I'll go and see if they can give me any information though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Morning all. Up early. Have a meeting at the bank. I should have cancelled because I don't have an address but I was up for ages waiting for a phone call about the house that never came. Left him a message and and all. It was too late to cancel when I got out of work. I'll go and see if they can give me any information though.

Morning all.

Finding housing is a nightmare.

Feck it a 'get to know you' chat with the bank is no harm once you keep in touch with the same person you talk to today.

How do Mia, will we have you as a regular here?. More the merrier I say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Howdy all :)

Well, I have returned. Thankfully, my log in has finally been fixed. Happy days :D

I got the room!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I have the cutest new little baby nephew ever. X

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement