Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grey Guignol(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

i just finished my work for the day, twas enough from me..
    btw i really do not like when some colleagues use language that is not professional in your supposedly professional communication..
    specially when it is on board that is open to all in the firm..

any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

**Clocks in**

Ted here for duty, I believe I am on tea drinking tasks tonight.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

evenin late-comers

tea.. hmm, now that's a thought...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well hello Ted!

Joya, is there anyone (boss or hr) that you could discreetly contact that would mail the office with a code of conduct reminder perhaps?

• Advertisement

XR3i wrote: »
    evenin late-comers

Better to come late, than not at all.

**Checks for Paws impending arrival**

Well hello Ted!

Joya, is there anyone (boss or hr) that you could discreetly contact that would mail the office with a code of conduct reminder perhaps?

oh well there is just few of us in the company in total, we are very small..
    im thinking of talking with the person first time i see them.
    as a first step anyway.
    if it continues then id go to the boss or something..

but really i am struggling understanding that attitude.. as if life is not stressful enough.. i mean how obnoxious you have to be to allow yourself a behaviour like that.. its just beyond me..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Hey guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Better to come late, than not at all.
    The actress said to the Bishop...

The actress said to the Bishop...

They must have had a great chat.

• Advertisement

selby maguire german masters
    2 - 2 atm

selby maguire german masters
    2 - 2 atm

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    They must have had a great chat.

thats what she said

Joya wrote:
    any suggestions?
    Maybe they thought that because you're such a small firm that being a little bit more relaxed than usual would be OK.

Maybe they thought that because you're such a small firm that being a little bit more relaxed than usual would be OK.

well if it would be in a pleasant manner than ya, but in an unpleasant manner its just a sort of harassment, specially if it was not provoked by anything..

Joya wrote:
    well if it would be in a pleasant manner than ya, but in an unpleasant manner its just a sort of harassment, specially if it was not provoked by anything..
    Talk to your bosses if it's negative.

Talk to your bosses if it's negative.

well its online anybody can see that..
    but yea if the person does not understand it i would have o other choice..

although my whole life i was always of the opinion that whatever is going on between the employees should stay between them...

but well, some people just do not care .. and ya it shocks me in a way.. the boldness or primitivism of it.. idk...

but ya you may be right, maybe i should talk with the boss... ...

Whatever about using bad language verbally, it is extremely unprofessional to be doing it in writing online.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Whatever about using bad language verbally, it is extremely unprofessional to be doing it in writing online.

it definitely is.. i'm not even sure why am i feeling ashamed for their bad behavior and manners... its just .. i've no words..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pay no heed, if they shoot themselves in the foot (figuratively speaking) then let them, you just sit back and watch, popcorn is optional.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Pay no heed, if they shoot themselves in the foot (figuratively speaking) then let them, you just sit back and watch, popcorn is optional.

Would agree with this, if when they get caught out, they will only have themselves to blame

Wait, they're posting negative stuff about the company and it's public? Or do I have that completely wrong?

its not about the company, its a very rude comment as answer to a professional question i posed there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I think boss first Joya, it's their baby - they deal with it.. You approach the person privately then if you have to go to boss that person knows it came from you which could create a lot of tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah workplace problems can be well problematic, if the perpetrators find out who snitched on them, It will create a whole lot of awkward tension in the workplace.

Yeah it's not a good idea to talk to them first.

im tired of it all even before anything tbh.. but its not something i like or want to tolerate.. so have to find a good way of dealing with it...

A good way of dealing with it would be to speak to your bosses and let them know that you don't think this person's comment is acceptable.

• Advertisement

ya i see i will have to do something about it and not just let it hang in there..

think i may also just let the time to feel right... like wait for some right moment or something..

while really prefering it would sort by itself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement