Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grey Guignol(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Joya wrote: »
    wow, i presume she won? :)
    i am vegetarian since i was 16yo, went vegan for some periods few times but would love to be able to go fully vegan..
    theres a thought anyways..
    Yup, he did.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's not that long since eating meat on *any* Friday was considered a "going to hell" level of grievous sin to the kiddy-fiddlers. I love rolling that one out to the sorts of bigots who say their book of lies is the best book of lies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Shiminay wrote: »
    It's not that long since eating meat on *any* Friday was considered a "going to hell" level of grievous sin to the kiddy-fiddlers. I love rolling that one out to the sorts of bigots who say their book of lies is the best book of lies.

Yeah, I remember one of my grannies going on about that. She still only has fish on Fridays.

My favourite was the left handed people are monsters and tools of the devil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

ah yes so lent is not vegan since people eat fish.. i forgot about that..

Lent has nothing to do with veganism, or vegetarianism. It never has.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Lent has nothing to do with veganism, or vegetarianism. It never has.
    i know, but it is kind of a cleanse from meat or any other animal based food (except for fish)..

so basically it is vegan + fish combination.. (in modern terms : o))

as of also cleanse from all bad thoughts feelings deeds etc.. purification of the spirit and body so-to-speak..

No, it's not. Giving up meat for Lent is not a thing that happens much. It's tradition to not eat it on Ash Wednesday, that's it. You deny yourself something for 40 days, like cigarettes or sweets.

No, it's not. Giving up meat for Lent is not a thing that happens much. It's tradition to not eat it on Ash Wednesday, that's it. You deny yourself something for 40 days, like cigarettes or sweets.

well with orthodox christianity it is as i wrote, you do give up of meat and all animal based food (except fish) and bad deeds/feelings/thoughts, eg purify yourself (become closer to divine or child-like being) for 40 days before easter and christmas, as well as every wednesday and friday (perhaps monday also not sure now)..
    perhaps with catholics is different...

edit: but yes, what i described it applies to "practicing" people.. others do pretty much nothing.. maybe lent on big friday or so..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Angron wrote:
    Because religion is often full of arbitrary rules that don't really make sense.
    Yep.
    Angron wrote:
    My favourite was the left handed people are monsters and tools of the devil.
    :eek:

If we were to believe in all of the rules, even the ones that contradict others, then we're all pretty much going to hell anyway for one reason or another. Oh well, least we all get along! ;):p

On another note, I went to see Spotlight last week. Absolutely brilliant film, but incredibly disturbing to say the very least.

So, how's everyone's boards.ie love life? http://www.boards.ie/love.php

I got matched with:

Delirium
    x Purple Pawprints x
    Star Lord
    Marty McFly
    Shiminay
    Sephiroth_dude
    Loughc
    cyberwolf77
    Turtwig
    Professey Chin
    Killer_banana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

So, how's everyone's boards.ie love life? http://www.boards.ie/love.php
    I love this :D

These are my matches :D

x Purple Pawprints x
    cyberwolf77
    Dizzyblonde
    aaronjumper
    XR3i
    Gremlinertia
    The Hill Billy
    Loire
    IvyTheTerrible
    Ilyana 2.0
    AccessAw

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Paws is spreading the love around.

xPurplePawprintsx
    Delirium
    NewHome
    Gremlinertia
    cyberwolf77
    Lithium93_
    Eeden
    grey_so_what
    woodchuck
    Shiminay
    aaronjumper

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I had a sausage roll with ketchup for lunch today, my god it was delicious :D, though some couldn't fathom why oh why I had it on Ash Wednesday of all days :rolleyes:, my answer - Why the hell should I give up my vices/bad habits for a load of religious bull**** and frankly a badly written fairytale..

/Rant

How are we all :)

These are my matches
    Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Paws is spreading the love around.

Oh my!

Here are mine:

Joya
    IvyTheTerrible
    cyberwolf77
    aaronjumper
    Ted_YNWA
    Gremlinertia
    Delerium
    Sephiroth_dude
    Links234
    StripedBoxers
    heyday30

Agree with you there Lith, I pay no heed to all that mumbo jumbo either.

At least no-one has asked me yet "What are you giving up for Lent".

Aye, it's stupid, but whatever helps people sleep at night, I don't need no fairytale books to tell me how to go about my life

Oh actually, some religious whacky caught me ordering said sausage roll for lunch, told me I was going to hell for eternity when I die, I simply replied sarcastically ''Will it be a first class trip or coach?'', Impressed he were not..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Aye, it's stupid, but whatever helps people sleep at night, I don't need no fairytale books to tell me how to go about my life

Oh actually, some religious whacky caught me ordering said sausage roll for lunch, told me I was going to hell for eternity when I die, I simply replied sarcastically ''Will it be a first class trip or coach?'', Impressed he were not..

Well there is a Highway to Hell & only a Stairway to Heaven. Guess which one was built for more traffic.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Well there is a Highway to Hell & only a Stairway to Heaven. Guess which one was built for more traffic.

Oh well played Ted, well played indeed Sir.

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Nicely done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

hello all :)

• Advertisement

Oh well played Ted, well played indeed Sir.
    Nicely done :D

Why thank you :D

I am here all ni always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

After working 10 - 15 hours every day this year!, I got to bed at about 11.30 last night (usually wouldn't make it to bed until 1am onwards). Ended up waking up at 2, 3, 4 and 5 - eventually got up at 5.30.

I'm free of work now for the night (9.55pm our time), and should go to bed and catch up on the sleep debt, but I'm dreading all the wake ups in the middle of the night! At least when I fall into bed exhausted I'll sleep through the night!

(Thought put this in the chat thread - definitely it's not new material for the Nocturnal Forum!!)

Xaracatz wrote: »
    After working 10 - 15 hours every day this year!, I got to bed at about 11.30 last night (usually wouldn't make it to bed until 1am onwards). Ended up waking up at 2, 3, 4 and 5 - eventually got up at 5.30.

I'm free of work now for the night (9.55pm our time), and should go to bed and catch up on the sleep debt, but I'm dreading all the wake ups in the middle of the night! At least when I fall into bed exhausted I'll sleep through the night!

(Thought put this in the chat thread - definitely it's not new material for the Nocturnal Forum!!)

Certainly landed in the right forum you have :)

Sorry to hear of your woes Xara, have been there before. Feels like you are on autopilot the whole time.

There is always someone lurking here if you want to pop in at any time to take your mind off things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Yah - right forum, right time! :)

Nah - I just need to stay awake for a while so that I'll get my five hours tonight! That whole evening of nothing to do is stretching ahead a bit. Sounds so good, but, at this rate, I'll end up going to work at 4am if I can't sleep!

Be warned, it can get a little silly in here at times :D

Be warned, it can get a little silly in here at times :D

Hey now, don't frighten them away, when they have barely warmed the seat sitting down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

how's everyone? :)

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

evenin noccers

• Advertisement

***tips hat**

Hello stranger :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement