Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grey Guignol(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Really hoping that saying is accurate.

I tend to over think things a little bit sometimes.

Actually grinned when i saw the words over and think. I have spent so much time in the past and the future that i've missed lots of now moments, trying to address that lately..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

You're preaching to the choir here!
    Actually grinned when i saw the words over and think. I have spent so much time in the past and the future that i've missed lots of now moments, trying to address that lately..
    Quite nice to know I'm not alone in this I must say. I actually annoy myself sometimes when I do it.

*hugs for all*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Very far from alone in it Paws, society as a whole doesn't really encourage us to appreciate the now, you are always prompted to ask what's next..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

You're full of wisdom, Grem. :)

Full of sh1te nore like!. Arra it's an observation is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I'm hungry :(

Hate being hungry at this time of the night :(

Nearly lunch time for me Boxers however it'll be junk whatever i have..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I'm hungry :(

Hate being hungry at this time of the night :(

I'm a night eater. They say it's bad for you but F 'em!

Very far from alone in it Paws, society as a whole doesn't really encourage us to appreciate the now, you are always prompted to ask what's next..
    Interesting way of looking at it tbh. I always seem to be dissatisfied with things.

My ongoing mental health struggles have given me pause to think quite a bit, mostly negative, that's a given really tbh. However i still try to look at things as a child or maybe an animal would sometimes to connect with how amazing things we take for granted are.

• Advertisement

That is interesting I must say, Grem. It's a really lovely way of looking at things.

It's lovely in theory but remembering to practice, dear lord.. :o

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

hi

Yeah, it can be a little difficult I imagine, Grem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Having some mental health issues myself. I've closed myself in almost completely. I have a railing surrounding my house and I feel that's my safe zone. I'm quite agoraphobic now. I also have social anxiety more often than not.

You yo XR how are ya?.

Heyo Kitty, sorry to hear that, it's fcukin difficult place to be pm anytime ok?.

You yo XR how are ya?.

Heyo Kitty, sorry to hear that, it's fcukin difficult place to be pm anytime ok?.

I will. It's like I've done a 180 degree spin. I used to be more outgoing and relaxed but now I'm stressed and closed in.

KKkitty wrote: »
    I will. It's like I've done a 180 degree spin. I used to be more outgoing and relaxed but now I'm stressed and closed in.

It's all fits and phases Kitty, the thing that fcuks us up is making the illness a habit. I feel safe in my rut, but my rut hurts me, but change is scary so i don't even consider getting out of the rut (not that it's by any means easy) so i've just told myself i'd rather the pain.. The brain is a funny beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The brain & the heart are the two most complicated things about being human, that we've yet to fully figure out.

Kkkitty, I hope you're OK x

• Advertisement

You're a wise man Lith..

From lair to lair I've changed. Things happened in real life that changed who I am as a person. I don't know what to do to change me at all. Thoughts enter my head and I feel bad about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You could be a counsellor Grem.

So many words of wisdom. lot of what has been posted rings through for me too. Try and avoid the social spotlight where possible & always overanalyze things.

Would love to live on a remote island & not deal with anyone (except Noccers)

Noccer Island. Now there's a thought!

KKkitty wrote: »
    From lair to lair I've changed. Things happened in real life that changed who I am as a person. I don't know what to do to change me at all. Thoughts enter my head and I feel bad about them.

Thoughts come in to most people's heads that shock them from time to time, it just tends to be more frequent for people like us because we are harder on ourselves Kitty. Give a shot at accepting the thought (accepting isn't the same as approval) and moving on as opposed to questioning your brain.

Jaysis Ted, go easy i'm like a little red light district here!. :o

You're a wise man Lith..

I tend to have my Yoda moments every now and again :D, i think if you've mental health problems of any kind, you should put them out there, talk to someone, because if you keep that kind of stuff bottled away, it's gonna eat away at you little by little until it breaks you altogether, hell i'm not a man of few words, but even a simple hello/or a coffee and a conversation goes a long way to cheering someone up, fair enough people will say ''cheer up'', but depression/mental health issues are not going to go away with a simple ''cheer up'', if only life were that easy, people are fighting battles that we don't see, so if you know someone like that, talk to them, learn, and maybe, just maybe we can change the stigma about mental health in this country for the better.. Learn to respect those who are suffering, don't put them down for it.. Somewhere along the line, humanity lost it's ability to love one another, just because you've mental health issues, doesn't mean it's the end of the world, we should learn to embrace those with said issues, as they could be the next marvels in whatever fields they work in/do for a living.

Sorry for the long winded rant, but at the end of the day, people with mental health issues are people too, who just need that little bit extra TLC.

:)

I would love an island small enough to just be comfortable in. My sister is going through a bad time herself and I just wish I could do more for her.

It's the little things that go a long way.

• Advertisement

It really is. You're right, Lith.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement