Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grey Guignol(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

thanks mozz, I'm doing a lot better now thanks :) have a bit of a tender mouth and a sore hand (took 4 attempts to get my IV in) but could be a lot worse.

Hope you feel better soon though!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

yeah seem to be ok thankfully I went in for two fillings and a cleaning but the stress from the dentist started off the migraine last night, had a throbbing head and was sick, needless to say I wasn't feeling the best this morning thankfully I had an IV sedation so knew nothing about it once they got started

Have a busy few days over the weekend, I'm going to my folks house on Saturday, staying a few hours and then going out to a Xmas party which should be fun I have nothing on Sunday but have another party on Monday, will try to take it easy as I can[/quote]
    Sounds rough. Glad you're feeling better though.

Oh you're a busy woman. :)
    Mozzeltoff wrote:
    And I'm back. Had to check in with mammy Mozz. She's a little worried over me being a bit run down as of late
    Awh bless her. On a serious note though, hope you're OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

thanks mozz, I'm doing a lot better now thanks :) have a bit of a tender mouth and a sore hand (took 4 attempts to get my IV in) but could be a lot worse.

Hope you feel better soon though!

oohh you poor thing!! Not a fan of them trying to get IVs in. I have bad veins so it takes nearly all day to take blood let alone thrown an IV on me :o :pac:

Thanks petal :) Hope you feel better too :)

Awh bless her. On a serious note though, hope you're OK.

Haha, she's the best :) If she had her way she'd be down here waiting on me hand and foot!! :o She's seriously my best friend :)

I'll be grand girl, as long as I am not throwing up or feeling feverish I'll be grand :) Just going to take it easy tomorrow and get plenty of rest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

How are the gang?

Not too bad now Hugo :) Just jumping into the Leaba now :pac: How's you good sir?

• Advertisement

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    Haha, she's the best If she had her way she'd be down here waiting on me hand and foot!! She's seriously my best friend

I'll be grand girl, as long as I am not throwing up or feeling feverish I'll be grand Just going to take it easy tomorrow and get plenty of rest
    Awh that really is lovely!

Definitely a good idea Mozz. I'm having a Paws day tomorrow.
    How are the gang?
    Hey Hugo

Awh that really is lovely!

Definitely a good idea Mozz. I'm having a Paws day tomorrow.

It's nice to have the day to yourself :) Although knowing what I am like I'll be up the crack of dawn hoovering and cleaning :pac:

Still have an unholy amount of laundry to get through too but I have limited drying space :o The joys of coming home from holidays :pac:

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Not too bad now Hugo :) Just jumping into the Leaba now :pac: How's you good sir?
    Hey Hugo

Evening ladies! *tips hat*

It was pissing rain here today. I wore a baseball cap. I literally tipped my hat at people! :pac:

Haha, what a very gentlemany thing to do :pac:

Wasn't too bad here today. Raining early this morning but it cleared off in the afternoon. Apparently we're meant to be getting snow in the middle of the month...

Haha, what a very gentlemany thing to do :pac:

Wasn't too bad here today. Raining early this morning but it cleared off in the afternoon. Apparently we're meant to be getting snow in the middle of the month...

It was really flooded down here. Traffic was mental and I had to reroute a couple of times.

Snow? Both yea and nay!

• Advertisement

Yeah, a friend of mine on Waterford shared a picture on Facebook of the Cork road in Waterford city. Nothing could pass apparently :eek:

I like the snow BUT I don't like it sticking around for weeks at a time. It makes everything look magical and lovely but I bloody well hate the cold!!!

Yeah, a friend of mine on Waterford shared a picture on Facebook of the Cork road in Waterford city. Nothing could pass apparently :eek:

I like the snow BUT I don't like it sticking around for weeks at a time. It makes everything look magical and lovely but I bloody well hate the cold!!!

So I'm not the only Waterford person to know you?! This makes me feel less unique! LOL :pac:

I know five people from Waterford including yourself :o I spent a lot of time in Tramore as a child used to go to the Sproai every year :D Made a few friends down that way over the years :) One of my best friends is from Dungarven although she's over in London at the moment teaching.

It's nice to have the day to yourself :) Although knowing what I am like I'll be up the crack of dawn hoovering and cleaning :pac:

Still have an unholy amount of laundry to get through too but I have limited drying space :o The joys of coming home from holidays :pac:
    It is. Lol, my Mam is like that. :pac: Always nice to have a me day now and then.
    Evening ladies! *tips hat*

It was pissing rain here today. I wore a baseball cap. I literally tipped my hat at people! :pac:

:D

I know five people from Waterford including yourself :o I spent a lot of time in Tramore as a child used to go to the Sproai every year :D Made a few friends down that way over the years :) One of my best friends is from Dungarven although she's over in London at the moment teaching.

Good stuff! :)

Well, this is awkward. I was attempting to reduce contact with the girl that messed me about with that craft fair thing a couple of weeks ago and she's just texted me saying we're due a catch up. She only contacts me when she wants something or she can't find anyone else to hang around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well, this is awkward. I was attempting to reduce contact with the girl that messed me about with that craft fair thing a couple of weeks ago and she's just texted me saying we're due a catch up. She only contacts me when she wants something or she can't find anyone else to hang around with.

Tell her to go where the sun don't shine

I'm not that blunt. I'm too soft.

I'd be like Lith and pretty much tell her to piss off however if I were you I'd just tell her you're not up for meeting up with her, you'll be busy with family things on the run up to the Christmas and what not.

I'm not that blunt. I'm too soft.

Well you said it yourself, she only contacts you when she can't find anyone else to hangout with... I'd be kickin' her to the curb if that's the kind of friend she is..

Time to, i don't know step up, and not let people step all over you.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's a good idea Mozz. And it's not a massive lie, it's just stretching the truth slightly. I haven't even opened the text yet. I'm leaving it sitting in my notifications bar and I'll reply when I feel like it. Who texts someone at 12.40am? Like, I know I'm awake and I could reply but honestly, she expects me to reply to her at the drop of a hat! I'd probably reply to anyone else who texted me at this hour but she's taking the piss.

Kicking her to the curb is wise but the problem is stopping myself feeling bad for doing it even though I know she only uses people. I'd love to be a bit tougher.

Yeah, that's a good idea Mozz. And it's not a massive lie, it's just stretching the truth slightly. I haven't even opened the text yet. I'm leaving it sitting in my notifications bar and I'll reply when I feel like it. Who texts someone at 12.40am? Like, I know I'm awake and I could reply but honestly, she expects me to reply to her at the drop of a hat! I'd probably reply to anyone else who texted me at this hour but she's taking the piss.

Kicking her to the curb is wise but the problem is stopping myself feeling bad for doing it even though I know she only uses people. I'd love to be a bit tougher.

Well you also have the option of ignoring her and letting her sit shtum for a while. It's rather passive aggressive BUT she might get the hint but she might not either. She sounds pretty inconsiderate. I mean if someone text me this hour of the night blabbling on about a meet up or a catch up I'd wring their necks!! The only texts I get this hour of night are either important /emergencies or housemate letting me know she won't be home so feed the cat!

I'll say this much Paws, guilt is something you have to go through to toughen up. I know from my own experience. I used to hate hurting peoples feelings or even letting them know I was slightly annoyed with them if they hurt me! I used to feel horrible about giving out to people but in the last few years I have just got sick of peoples **** and I don't have the patience to be dealing with peoples bull!! I am a lot worse recently though!! Think the job has a lot to do with that though!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

In bed now with another pounding headache and a heaving stomach.

*hugs* Sorry to hear that, pet.

Well you also have the option of ignoring her and letting her sit shtum for a while. It's rather passive aggressive BUT she might get the hint but she might not either. She sounds pretty inconsiderate. I mean if someone text me this hour of the night blabbling on about a meet up or a catch up I'd wring their necks!! The only texts I get this hour of night are either important /emergencies or housemate letting me know she won't be home so feed the cat!

I'll say this much Paws, guilt is something you have to go through to toughen up. I know from my own experience. I used to hate hurting peoples feelings or even letting them know I was slightly annoyed with them if they hurt me! I used to feel horrible about giving out to people but in the last few years I have just got sick of peoples **** and I don't have the patience to be dealing with peoples bull!! I am a lot worse recently though!! Think the job has a lot to do with that though!!! :pac:

Well, feck her. She won't be getting a reply until I'm on my way up tomorrow because surely to God she'd ask me if she could come with me to Dublin and I just want a day on my own. She does this a lot, texts past midnight, and I suspect it's because she's bored and things I'll jump and reply to her. I'm far too nice to people sometimes. I'm the same, if I get a text at this hour I assume there's something wrong or if someone needs me, I genuinely don't mind it helping friends out.

You're right though, I do need to toughen up a lot. I'm the same as you were, I feel bad giving out to people even if they were completely in the wrong! :o

Sorry to be blunt Paws, but your friend has made you her bitch to the point if she says jump, you'd say how high? Time to turn the tables and tell her where she can go.

*hugs*

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Sorry to be blunt Paws, but your friend has made you her bitch to the point if she says jump, you'd say how high? Time to turn the tables and tell her where she can go.

I know :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

I'd be inclined to agree with the others on the friend matter

*hugs* boxers, feel better soon :(

Should be asleep but wide awake, might write a page or two :)

• Advertisement

Yeah.. She's not getting a reply for a while in any case, if at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement