Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grey Guignol(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The phrase I was looking for was being 'behind the scenes' brain fart, over tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Go home Grem, you're tired, though don't think your overlords would appreciate you bailing so early..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lithium93_ wrote:
    I've several versions of Avenged Sevenfold's Second Heartbeat downloaded, well by several i mean the finished track and the demo, I don't know what it is about demo versions of songs that i like.
    My mission for today is to listen to Avenged Sevenfold. After I run my errands that is. I haven't listened to them in a good while. :)

Morning all. How are we?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Go home Grem, you're tired, though don't think your overlords would appreciate you bailing so early..

Arra I'm finished up but journey home is taking a while.

Morning Paws.. *slides cuppa over*

My mission for today is to listen to Avenged Sevenfold. After I run my errands that is. I haven't listened to them in a good while. :)

Morning all. How are we?

Download all their albums :D
    Arra I'm finished up but journey home is taking a while.

I'm sure it'll be heaven for ya when your head hits that pillow..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gross, went to use the Ulster Bank atm in town so I could check my balance. Someone had thoughtfully puked right in front of the machine after being out on the piss last night.

Those inconsiderate can't handle their drink feckers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pretty much, yeah. Also, wrt to A7X, they'll never top Waking the Fallen for me.

If i had to rank all 6 of Avenged's albums.. It'd be

1. Waking The Fallen
    2. Nightmare
    3. City Of Evil
    4. Self Titled
    5. Sounding The 7th Trumpet
    6. Hail To The King

That's how i'd rank them, of course it could be a very different order later on :pac:

For me it probably goes:

1. Waking the Fallen
    2. Sounding the Seventh Trumpet
    3. City of Evil
    4. Self titled
    5. Nightmare
    6. Hail to the King (I've barely listened to this one tbh)

• Advertisement

Hail To The King i feel drumming wise restricted Arin in terms of what he could do, he wanted to do some of the stuff Jimmy used to do, but was shot down and told what to play, fair enough i get they were going for a classic metal feel on the album, but they could've given Arin some space to put his own stamp on the album,.

Be interesting to see how album #7 will sound with Brooks Wackerman manning the kit.

It appears that there's only 3 of us in the course today.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Download all their albums
    I think I have a lot of them in CD format :o
    Yay, tea!
    Lithium93_ wrote:
    1. Waking The Fallen 2. Nightmare 3. City Of Evil 4. Self Titled 5. Sounding The 7th Trumpet 6. Hail To The King
    Out of all 6 I've barely listened to Hail To The King, absolutely loved the self titled album, loved Nightmare (but sort of tough to listen to, the song Fiction in particular), haven't listened to the rest too much either.

I think I have a lot of them in CD format :o

Out of all 6 I've barely listened to Hail To The King, absolutely loved the self titled album, loved Nightmare (but sort of tough to listen to, the song Fiction in particular), haven't listened to the rest too much either.

Well that's that battle done then :D Hail To The King has it's moments, but few and far, the outro to Coming Home, hell the whole song is glorious.. Nightmare is still a tough one to listen to given the circumstances surrounding the album, but they soldiered on and brought in Mike Portnoy, one of Jimmy's hero's to do the drumming, which was a nice touch.

Self titled & City Of Evil are freaking awesome, i love A Little Piece Of Heaven on the self titled in particular, that said i love both albums just a much, but Self titled shades it for A Little Piece Of Heaven :D.. Waking The Fallen is their 1st masterpiece imo.. Sounding The 7th Trumpet, wasn't too keen on it first, but it's a grower of an album..

High 5 for having them on cd :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

* wanders in humming a tune to himself *

Oh hello Nocs, how are you all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Hey all :)

I've a sick and burning in my stomach from the pain in my back and abdomen, heading to the Dr this afternoon so hopefully he will give me strong antibiotics for it. I'm sure it's a kidney infection, never had one this bad before, hope it clears up soon.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Well that's that battle done then Hail To The King has it's moments, but few and far, the outro to Coming Home, hell the whole song is glorious.. Nightmare is still a tough one to listen to given the circumstances surrounding the album, but they soldiered on and brought in Mike Portnoy, one of Jimmy's hero's to do the drumming, which was a nice touch.

Self titled & City Of Evil are freaking awesome, i love A Little Piece Of Heaven on the self titled in particular, that said i love both albums just a much, but Self titled shades it for A Little Piece Of Heaven .. Waking The Fallen is their 1st masterpiece imo.. Sounding The 7th Trumpet, wasn't too keen on it first, but it's a grower of an album..

High 5 for having them on cd
    Hail to the King is the one I'd be least familiar with but I do have it, will definitely be giving them a listen through. A couple of the earlier albums are a tiny bit too heavy for my taste. Actually it's coming up to The Rev's anniversary, isn't it? It was the 28th or the 29th of December iirc.

Yeah, I don't really do downloading tbh Though I did get my brother to download Cauterize for me (I hadn't the patience for iTunes), but I got the CD as well. :p

Currently have the self titled album playing. Bit of nostalgia. I practically had it on repeat for my entire first year in college because it has just been released when I started. I forgot how cool this album was! It's very rare for me to find an album that I actually love all of the songs on. :D
    Shiminay wrote:
    * wanders in humming a tune to himself *

Oh hello Nocs, how are you all?
    Ah it's yourself! *waves*

I've a sick and burning in my stomach from the pain in my back and abdomen, heading to the Dr this afternoon so hopefully he will give me strong antibiotics for it. I'm sure it's a kidney infection, never had one this bad before, hope it clears up soon.
    Ouchie. I'm sure you'll be grand in a couple of days though, once you get the antibiotics.

BTW, Lith, have you seen the documentary on the making of the self titled album? It's really good. I'd imagine you have seen it.

Ah it's yourself! *waves*

Ms Paws, howdy?

Shiminay wrote:
    Ms Paws, howdy?
    Ah sure I can't complain really. How's yourself?

• Advertisement

How's it going shim?

It's grand, catching up on all of the things since I was away for the week. Nothing seems to be majorly on fire which is a relief.

tumblr_n8bxuhFaU01tp42tfo1_500.jpg

Shiminay wrote:
    It's grand, catching up on all of the things since I was away for the week. Nothing seems to be majorly on fire which is a relief.
    Ah good. Did you enjoy your week off?

I certainly did, got properly stuck into Just Cause 3 (a new game with all of the silly provided by means of a grappling hook, parachutes and a wing-suit) cause I could and I binged my way through all of Gotham to-date. Very enjoyable.

What were the rest of ye up to? Did I miss anything much?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I learned this morning that I can control the urge to fold, spindle, and mutilate an idiot. This disturbs me, apparently I am maturing.

Well now!

If you're going to Console, then you may as well best console with best games :D The Last Of Us is an absolute masterpiece of storytelling and game mechanics working as one to give the player an amazing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Bloody brilliant...

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    Well now!

If you're going to Console, then you may as well best console with best games :D The Last Of Us is an absolute masterpiece of storytelling and game mechanics working as one to give the player an amazing experience.

Yeah, I've never gotten to play it so I'm rather looking forward to it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement