Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, El Clasico, k/o 17:15 Sky Sports 2, SS1 RED button, Sky One

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Helped in no small part by the favouritism shown to them, and Madrid, by the RFEF which allows them negotiate their own TV rights thus screwing the rest of La Liga out of their fair share of TV money and ensures La Liga will, for the most part, remain a 2 horse race.

I don't agree that it is a 2 horse race, Atletico Madrid under Simeone are one of the finest sides in Europe.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Forget that part of the story, it doesn't apply here, in this modern re-telling of the story the giant lives forever, reigning from on high.

Don't ever change <3

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

They have more league and European titles. Barcelona still playing catch up with them.

It's only a matter of time. Anyway I'd much rather Barcelona's 5 European cups over Madrid's first 5 which count historically but really aren't all that impressive given how they occurred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's been an amazing 15 years, here's to 85 more years of Barcelona domination.

And fair play if they do. Would be a great achievement.

And fair play if they do. Would be a great achievement.

It's would be, who knows what will happen in the world in that time but for as long as there is football there will be Barcelona.

• Advertisement

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Calling him "mental" is most certainly attacking him. Don't be acting all innocent now Rex. His posting style is no less cringey than the diehard United/Pool/Arsenal/Chelsea fans who post some absolute drivel too...one that crosses my mind earlier was someone wishing an opposition would get broken in half. If that isn't "mental and cringey" I do not know what is.

Just because AIG posts using complex vocabulary and lots of superlatives doesn't mean he's fair game for abuse. It's immature and seems around here like it's a "cool kids" kind of thing do do to subtly insult him in any thread he's in. If you don't like a poster, put him on ignore, but snide little jabs here and there is weak and is a form of bullying.

And the irony of your last statement is fantastic. Sort that ego of yours out.

That posting is cringey as well and people get called out on it.

His strong views are always going to get 'slagged' and rightly so becuase they are extreme.
    Meh, his posting style is mental. He isn't doing anything wrong.
    Report me if you think I'm bullying him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Ohhhhhh you're back. That must have been devastating for you to watch, each pass a piercing slash to your skin, every flowing move a painful reminder that no matter what you say you can't deny the greatness of this club.

I was watching the Liverpool game, the team I support.

It's would be, who knows what will happen in the world in that time but for as long as there is football there will be Barcelona.

Will be interesting to see where the big clubs end up in 85 years actually, especially with the money.

I was watching the Liverpool game, the team I support.

Shame, you missed a clinic, a football masterclass delivered by the champions of Spain and Europe.

Shame, you missed a clinic, a football masterclass delivered by the champions of Spain and Europe.

I'll check it out later, I'm sure it was great. But that doesn't take away from the fact that Barca have outspent Madrid since 2010.

• Advertisement

Will be interesting to see where the big clubs end up in 85 years actually, especially with the money.

True, particularly clubs owned by wealthy individuals. There's no telling really what will happen.

I'll check it out later, I'm sure it was great. But that doesn't take away from the fact that Barca have outspent Madrid since 2010.

Hmmm interesting, though am I right in saying that this Real Madrid squad is the most expensively assembled squad in the history of football?

Hmmm interesting, though am I right in saying that this Real Madrid squad is the most expensively assembled squad in the history of football?

Obviously in history. Prices are crazy the last 15 years.
    I'm sure there will be more expensive teams in the future that will make the Madrid team look cheap

I don't know.
    That still doesn't take away from the fact that Barca have outspent Madrid since 2010.

Obviously in history. Prices are crazy the last 15 years.
    I'm sure there will be more expensive teams in the future that will make the Madrid team look cheap

Still though that means they've spent more on this squad than their current rivals, they've spent that much to keep pace with this generation of Barcelona and their trophy haul tells you they've failed.

I don't know.
    That still doesn't take away from the fact that Barca have outspent Madrid since 2010.

But surely that isn't as significant as having the most expensive squad? I mean why 2010? Why not 2007? Why not ever?

But surely that isn't as significant as having the most expensive squad? I mean why 2010? Why not 2007? Why not ever?

Because they spent £200m in one summer which completely alters the overall spend.

Because they spent £200m in one summer which completely alters the overall spend.

Barcelona spent 130 million in one summer due to the transfer bans, that also alters the spend. Surely a transfer ban is a more rare occurrence than a club investing heavily to rebuild their team thus that would be a greater claim of being extenuating circumstances. Hmmm perhaps you are just trying to find ways of having a go at Barcelona and not doing such a good job.

Still though that means they've spent more on this squad than their current rivals, they've spent that much to keep pace with this generation of Barcelona and their trophy haul tells you they've failed.

Money dosent buy teams.

And barca have had a pretty decent team last 10 years .
    What if messi went to Madrid as a young lad?
    Or if iniesta and the rest were born around Madrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Think of Barcelona as being like the giant in Jack and the Beanstalk, they are above the clouds, beyond belief, no contraption can harm them.

I want in on whatever drugs you're on.

• Advertisement

Money dosent buy teams.

And barca have had a pretty decent team last 10 years .
    What if messi went to Madrid as a young lad?
    Or if iniesta and the rest were born around Madrid?

What if Barcelona had hired Mourinho (who interviewed for the job and gave a presentation) over Pep? Then history changes course completely but the beauty of Barcelona is that above any individual is the club philosophy. There's a certain way of doing things, a devotion to youth, to a brand of football imagined by Michels and Cruyff, enhanced by Pep and Lucho. No matter what Galacticos Real Madrid may have at any given time, Barcelona is a club that represents a country, a club where the ideals tower any individual, a club that is more than just a club. No matter could of happened or will happen, Barcelona will always be special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What if Barcelona had hired Mourinho (who interviewed for the job and gave a presentation) over Pep? Then history changes course completely but the beauty of Barcelona is that above any individual is the club philosophy. There's a certain way of doing things, a devotion to youth, to a brand of football imagined by Michels and Cruyff, enhanced by Pep and Lucho. No matter what Galacticos Real Madrid may have at any given time, Barcelona is a club that represents a country, a club where the ideals tower any individual, a club that is more than just a club. No matter could of happened or will happen, Barcelona will always be special.

So if Catalonia gets independence, I look forward to them getting what they always wanted, away from La Liga.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

We're done with the personal attacks. Mod action may follow

Forgive me if I'm wrong but weren't you absolutely slating the current board and manager not too long ago?

NIMAN wrote: »
    So if Catalonia gets independence, I look forward to them getting what they always wanted, away from La Liga.;)

We'll see, personally I don't think a European super league is far off but who knows what will happen.

Though you are incorrect here, and you've confused Catalonia's desire for independence with the football clubs participation in the Spanish league. After all the club was founded over a hundred years ago, is one of the founding member clubs of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

So will Real Madrid. Spain's greatest club, unrivaled history across Europe. Breathtaking stadium. Countless great names both past and present. A philosophy that demands exciting attacking football. An enormous global following. A truly special club indeed.

... and there's the get out clause to save Barca's skin from playing in a league against bucket sides.

Anyway, has Rafa been sacked yet?

So will Real Madrid. Spain's greatest club, unrivaled history across Europe. Breathtaking stadium. Countless great names both past and present. A philosophy that demands exciting attacking football. An enormous global following. A truly special club indeed.

But they're evil, didn't you hear?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but weren't you absolutely slating the current board and manager not too long ago?

I've no time for the current board at all. They are weak. I wasn't impressed with Enrique at all in his first 6 months. No plan, no clear direction, it looked no improvement at all on Tata Martino's version of Barcelona. Enrique won over every single doubters out there, myself included. After January his ideas were clear to see, Alves pushing into midfield, Rakitic overlapping right with Messi cutting inside, Iniesta assusing a more controlling role, some more direct play to Suarez mixed in with the tiki taka. Before January these things weren't happening, after January it all clicked once his fitness regime took effect. He's a superb Barcelona coach, his version of Barcelona tonight was a joy to behold, I won't doubt him again.

• Advertisement

Ye but they were smashed 4-0

Ye but they were smashed 4-0

What was the score when Celta played Barca a few weeks ago?

... and there's the get out clause to save Barca's skin from playing in a league against bucket sides.

Anyway, has Rafa been sacked yet?

Or I've explained why you're assertion was incorrect because that's what I do.

What was the score when Celta played Barca a few weeks ago?

I don't know, I've wiped every memory from my mind except that game tonight because I want to remember every little detail, to savour every second again and again.

I don't know, I've wiped every memory from my mind except that game tonight because I want to remember every little detail, to savour every second again and again.

Wow, just wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

As excellent as Barca were today, the sheer lack of performance by that Madrid side and not only lack of performance the lack of fight was what lost them the game. That's what shocked me most. Kroos might as well have been drinking cans in El Retiro for all the effort he made and Modric wasn't much better. No subs on at half time, no obvious change in tactic.... At least when Jose was there they would have been riled up and tried to kick a few people not that I condone that thing of course but there was no passion. The finger has to be pointed at Benitez also. Those criticising Ronaldo.. Ok he isn't playing to the super high standard he has set himself but people would do well to remember there are 11 players on a team and there is **** all he can do himself for the most part if the 10 around him aren't doing theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Sweet Irony !!!!

Barca the greatest club in the world, in history ironically are destroying the game.

Its boring , there is no competition, even the "fans" here are sick of it, its just too easy,
    I used to hear the city going mental on a night like this, tonight I heard one petardo.

06, and 09 the city went mental, 11 and 15 it was like a funeral.

For the next 5-10 years Barca will win the treble each year in succesion, and it will get smaller and smaller each and every year !!

let them have it, they are too good and have removed any sort of competition from it, any competition they are in now is a joke,
    that all know they will win.

it would be like having a tennis competition with an old folks home and .... Roger Federer ... hmmmm who will win ?

hahaha irony!!!

I never thought I´d enjoy this "team" win.....

keep winning Barca ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

They have more league and European titles. Barcelona still playing catch up with them.

Not true, they had but in less than 10 years barcelona has gone from being 10 behind to overtake them

Barcelona

La Liga[190]
    Winners (23): 1928–29, 1944–45, 1947–48, 1948–49, 1951–52, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1959–60, 1973–74, 1984–85, 1990–91, 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15
    Copa del Rey[191]
    Winners (27) – record: 1909–10, 1911–12, 1912–13, 1919–20, 1921–22, 1924–25, 1925–26, 1927–28, 1941–42, 1950–51, 1951–52, 1952–53, 1956–57, 1958–59, 1962–63, 1967–68, 1970–71, 1977–78, 1980–81, 1982–83, 1987–88, 1989–90, 1996–97, 1997–98, 2008–09, 2011–12, 2014–15
    Supercopa de España[192]
    Winners (11) – record: 1983, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013
    Copa Eva Duarte[193][194]
    Winners (3) – record: 1948, 1952, 1953
    Copa de la Liga[195]
    Winners (2) – record: 1982–83, 1985–86
    European competitions
    European Cup / UEFA Champions League[196]
    Winners (5): 1991–92, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2014–15
    European Cup Winners' Cup / UEFA Cup Winners' Cup[197]
    Winners (4) – record: 1978–79, 1981–82, 1988–89, 1996–97
    European Super Cup / UEFA Super Cup[198]
    Winners (5) – shared record: 1992, 1997, 2009, 2011, 2015
    Inter-Cities Fairs Cup[199]
    Winners (3) – record: 1955–58, 1958–60, 1965–66
    Worldwide competitions
    FIFA Club World Cup[200]
    Winners (2) – shared record: 2009, 2011

Domestic
    23 + 27 + 11 + 3 + 2 = 66
    5 + 4 + 5 + 3 + 2 = 19

Total = 85

Real Madrid

La Liga[166]
    Winners (32) – record: 1931–32, 1932–33, 1953–54, 1954–55, 1956–57, 1957–58, 1960–61, 1961–62, 1962–63, 1963–64, 1964–65, 1966–67, 1967–68, 1968–69, 1971–72, 1974–75, 1975–76, 1977–78, 1978–79, 1979–80, 1985–86, 1986–87, 1987–88, 1988–89, 1989–90, 1994–95, 1996–97, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2011–12
    Copa del Rey[167]
    Winners (19): 1905, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1917, 1934, 1936, 1946, 1947, 1961–62, 1969–70, 1973–74, 1974–75, 1979–80, 1981–82, 1988–89, 1992–93, 2010–11, 2013–14
    Supercopa de España[168]
    Winners (9): 1988, 1989, 1990, 1993, 1997, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2012
    Copa Eva Duarte (the forerunner to the Supercopa de España)[168]
    Winners: 1947
    Copa de la Liga[169]
    Winners: 1984–85
    European competitions
    European Cup / UEFA Champions League[170]
    Winners (10) – record: 1955–56, 1956–57, 1957–58, 1958–59, 1959–60, 1965–66, 1997–98, 1999–2000, 2001–02, 2013–14
    UEFA Cup[171]
    Winners: 1984–85, 1985–86
    UEFA Super Cup[172]
    Winners: 2002, 2014
    Worldwide competitions
    Intercontinental Cup[173]
    Winners – shared record: 1960, 1998, 2002
    FIFA Club World Cup[174]
    Winners: 2014

32+19+9+1+1 = 62

10+2+2+3+1 = 18

Total = 80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's been an amazing 15 years, here's to 85 more years of Barcelona domination.

Haha. I wish AIG the best (well not really) but I can't deny that his team have been the transformative team of our generation. They have had (and may continue) to have their moment in the sun - but like all things empires rise and fall. Enjoy it while he can.

Haha. I wish AIG the best (well not really) but I can't deny that his team have been the transformative team of our generation. They have had (and may continue) to have their moment in the sun - but like all things empires rise and fall. Enjoy it while he can.

His team? Which one?

Bohrio wrote: »
    Not true, they had but in less than 10 years barcelona has gone from being 10 behind to overtake them

Barcelona

La Liga[190]
    Winners (23): 1928–29, 1944–45, 1947–48, 1948–49, 1951–52, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1959–60, 1973–74, 1984–85, 1990–91, 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15
    Copa del Rey[191]
    Winners (27) – record: 1909–10, 1911–12, 1912–13, 1919–20, 1921–22, 1924–25, 1925–26, 1927–28, 1941–42, 1950–51, 1951–52, 1952–53, 1956–57, 1958–59, 1962–63, 1967–68, 1970–71, 1977–78, 1980–81, 1982–83, 1987–88, 1989–90, 1996–97, 1997–98, 2008–09, 2011–12, 2014–15
    Supercopa de España[192]
    Winners (11) – record: 1983, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013
    Copa Eva Duarte[193][194]
    Winners (3) – record: 1948, 1952, 1953
    Copa de la Liga[195]
    Winners (2) – record: 1982–83, 1985–86
    European competitions
    European Cup / UEFA Champions League[196]
    Winners (5): 1991–92, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2014–15
    European Cup Winners' Cup / UEFA Cup Winners' Cup[197]
    Winners (4) – record: 1978–79, 1981–82, 1988–89, 1996–97
    European Super Cup / UEFA Super Cup[198]
    Winners (5) – shared record: 1992, 1997, 2009, 2011, 2015
    Inter-Cities Fairs Cup[199]
    Winners (3) – record: 1955–58, 1958–60, 1965–66
    Worldwide competitions
    FIFA Club World Cup[200]
    Winners (2) – shared record: 2009, 2011

Domestic
    23 + 27 + 11 + 3 + 2 = 66
    5 + 4 + 5 + 3 + 2 = 19

Total = 85

Real Madrid

La Liga[166]
    Winners (32) – record: 1931–32, 1932–33, 1953–54, 1954–55, 1956–57, 1957–58, 1960–61, 1961–62, 1962–63, 1963–64, 1964–65, 1966–67, 1967–68, 1968–69, 1971–72, 1974–75, 1975–76, 1977–78, 1978–79, 1979–80, 1985–86, 1986–87, 1987–88, 1988–89, 1989–90, 1994–95, 1996–97, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2011–12
    Copa del Rey[167]
    Winners (19): 1905, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1917, 1934, 1936, 1946, 1947, 1961–62, 1969–70, 1973–74, 1974–75, 1979–80, 1981–82, 1988–89, 1992–93, 2010–11, 2013–14
    Supercopa de España[168]
    Winners (9): 1988, 1989, 1990, 1993, 1997, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2012
    Copa Eva Duarte (the forerunner to the Supercopa de España)[168]
    Winners: 1947
    Copa de la Liga[169]
    Winners: 1984–85
    European competitions
    European Cup / UEFA Champions League[170]
    Winners (10) – record: 1955–56, 1956–57, 1957–58, 1958–59, 1959–60, 1965–66, 1997–98, 1999–2000, 2001–02, 2013–14
    UEFA Cup[171]
    Winners: 1984–85, 1985–86
    UEFA Super Cup[172]
    Winners: 2002, 2014
    Worldwide competitions
    Intercontinental Cup[173]
    Winners – shared record: 1960, 1998, 2002
    FIFA Club World Cup[174]
    Winners: 2014

32+19+9+1+1 = 62

10+2+2+3+1 = 18

Total = 80

I'm talking about league titles and European Cup/Champions League titles. They are the two biggest competitions for any major club.

• Advertisement

I'm talking about league titles and European Cup/Champions League titles. They are the two biggest competitions for any major club.

Al alright...

But just bear in mind that is changing, and is going to take time. I still remember when I was a teenager in Madrid when Real was winning everything and was miles away from Barcelona, that was back in the 80s etc.

But look at things now, for instance, if you dont go back into the past (like most Real fans do) and bring things a bit closer you will realize how much Barcelona has catch up to Madrid. Look back 10 years for instance and look only at what you were comparing, leagues and european/international competitions.

Real Madrid
    Leagues 3

European/Intercontinental Titles

Total Titles 5

Barcelona
    Leagues 6

European/Intercontinental Titles

Total titles 15

Thats 5 vs 15... Wont take too long for Barcelona to catch up if things keep going this way.

Real needs to find their identity, a club known for their good play, attack, for their attitude towards other players and football has lost it in the last few years (mostly due to bad choices from their president IMO), I am sure they will get back in track but a lot needs to change.

I remember back in the days where Real would play with 8-9 nationals and only 1 or 2 international players (not being racists), not because they didnt like hiring foreigner players but because they had such as good juvenile team that they didnt need it.

Today they played with 1 national, all the others were foreigners, this is a sign that something is not right, a club that has always pride of having the best juvenile team in Spain can only put 1 Spanish player (and Ramos is not even a Real Madrid Cantera player)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Real Madrid were a shambles.

Well done to Barcelona, but that was nothing like the 5-0 or 6-2.

Madrid misplaced simple passes, had no energy, no cohesion, and still had a couple of glorious chances as well as at least one dodgy offside go against Ronaldo.

What Barcelona had, simply, was Neymar and Suarez.

There was no tactical masterclass. It wasn't even a brilliant team performance if we're honest - certainly nothing on the level of Barca's famous wins of the past few years.

Also, Rafa is done. Rightly or wrongly. That isn't a happy looking team at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

^^^^

Agree 100% Except the part where you said Ronaldo when you meant Barca (I'm assuming) ;)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

^^^^

Agree 100% Except the part where you said Ronaldo when you meant Barca (I'm assuming) ;)

Duly edited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Benitez is absolutely the wrong manager for Real.

Too tactically rigid, defensive and has a habit of falling out with his best players if they question him at all.

His time at Napoli was far more miss than hit and his tactics and predilection for being overly cautious managed to make an exceptional attacking talent like Marek Hamsik look...average.

And let's not even talk about Florentino Perez the man who has learned absolutely nothing from the Galacticos Era I.

The thing is, Real still have a top class Cantera. They just need a complete reboot on their current philosophy. To almost become more Barcelona like. Which means getting rid of Perez at the next elections.

Perhaps they should be looking for a return to the days of the Quinta del Buitre....rather than buying in loads of luxury players (like James, Kroos and Bale etc) and trying to shoehorn them all onto the pitch at the same time.

Maybe they should actually try and build a TEAM.

I remember back in the days where Real would play with 8-9 nationals and only 1 or 2 international players (not being racists), not because they didnt like hiring foreigner players but because they had such as good juvenile team that they didnt need it.

Today they played with 1 national, all the others were foreigners, this is a sign that something is not right, a club that has always pride of having the best juvenile team in Spain can only put 1 Spanish player (and Ramos is not even a Real Madrid Cantera player)
    But that was an awful long time ago. Times have changed and more and more of the top European teams are made up of more foreigners than national players.
    Real Madrid have been at the leading edge of this practice. Some of their most talented young players were never given the chance, maybe brought on as subs for 10mins in the odd game, then shipped out on loan, before being sold for good.

Its instant success that fans want now. Few will give any club 5 or 10 years to build a proper legacy and team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

But that was an awful long time ago. Times have changed and more and more of the top European teams are made up of more foreigners than national players.
    Real Madrid have been at the leading edge of this practice. Some of their most talented young players were never given the chance, maybe brought on as subs for 10mins in the odd game, then shipped out on loan, before being sold for good.

Its instant success that fans want now. Few will give any club 5 or 10 years to build a proper legacy and team.

It's interesting you mention that because have a look at some of the players who have come through the Cantera recently:

Juan Mata
    Saul (arguably one of the top young Spanish talents atm. Now at Atleti)
    Alvaro Morata (Sold to Juventus and doing so well there's talk they'll buy him back at a premium)
    Jose Callejon (Has done very well at Napoli)
    Juanfran (Ubiquitous now with Simeone's Atleti)
    Alvaro Negredo.
    Roberto Soldado

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

SlickRic wrote: »
    Real Madrid were a shambles.

Well done to Barcelona, but that was nothing like the 5-0 or 6-2.

Madrid misplaced simple passes, had no energy, no cohesion, and still had a couple of glorious chances as well as at least one dodgy offside go against Ronaldo.

What Barcelona had, simply, was Neymar and Suarez.

There was no tactical masterclass. It wasn't even a brilliant team performance if we're honest - certainly nothing on the level of Barca's famous wins of the past few years.

Also, Rafa is done. Rightly or wrongly. That isn't a happy looking team at all.

Thought even the 6:2, Madrid were shambolic and it was one of those days things went right for Barça. Barça played very well tonight, but again Madrid were a joke. Barça seemed to dictate the play with ease and without any great tempo this evening.

The 5:0 was football from another planet. One of the greatest displays of football ever seen.

Exactly, but when you look at Barcelona its completely different. It not rare to see 9 or 10 national or la masia players in their team, although lately it is more like 6-7.

This is something that bother Madrid fans a lot, although it might seem irrelevant to some (or at least this is what it looks like when I talk to them).

Exactly, but when you look at Barcelona its completely different. It not rare to see 9 or 10 national or la masia players in their team, although lately it is more like 6-7.

This is something that bother Madrid fans a lot, although it might seem irrelevant to some (or at least this is what it looks like when I talk to them).

When was the last time Barcelona had 10 Spanish/La Masia players in their starting 11?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement