Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop and Folder pictures showing as icons in windows 7

Options
  • 21-11-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Can anybody help me out with this problem.

I have a windows 7 computer and the pictures on my desktop and in my folders are showing as icons instead of showing as pictures.

I am finding this to be very annoying and I am just wondering if anybody can help me out.

I have googled the problem and unticked the box in system settings - that says
    always show file icons, never thumbnails.

I remember trying to speed up my computer a few weeks ago and I must have changed a setting somewhere.

Can anyone please help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

kala85 wrote: »
    Can anybody help me out with this problem.

I have a windows 7 computer and the pictures on my desktop and in my folders are showing as icons instead of showing as pictures.

I am finding this to be very annoying and I am just wondering if anybody can help me out.

I have googled the problem and unticked the box in system settings - that says
    always show file icons, never thumbnails.

I remember trying to speed up my computer a few weeks ago and I must have changed a setting somewhere.

Can anyone please help me out?

My settings are
    vF2cmWl.jpg
    Maybe you need to apply to all folders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Hello Jim, I tried all this already numerous times but it still wont work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I think in "Performance Settings" you adjusted windows for best performance.

To hopefully resolve this, click start. Right click on Computer, click properties.

There should be an option at the top left to "adjust performance settings".

In the next window that pops up, there may be a button for Performance.

Then there's a radio button... I think there's an option to "Let Windows Choose". Click that, click OK and Windows will 'refresh'.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'd try rebuilding the icon cache, may help! Instructions here

Nick

I tried all that and it still doesnt work.

About two weeks ago, I was trying to speed up the computer so I disabled some items in the start up menu so that the computer would boot up quicker.
    Is there anything there in the boot up that needs to be or available to boot up.

Also, I went into the "system" menu and clicked on improve my performance - maximise my performance. This could have initially disabled the thumbnails and displayed icons instead. The other icons are working - eg excel and word icons are working but the picture icon is not.

But now I cant get them back.

If anyone can help me I would be very grateful.

• Advertisement

Anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this by any chance?

Anyone have any other ideas on this?? Really trying to get the pictures back.

Advertisement