Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating kodi on openelec

Options
  • 21-11-2015 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

I'm having a few issues updating kodi 6.0.0 on openelec.
    I've downloaded the tar file, extracted it but I only see 3 files (licences, target, change log, read me and release)

There are no image files or an install file.

Am I doing something wrong, is there a problem with the file or is there a new way to install

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I think Kodi unzips the tar file itself. I just updated my RPi2 to a 16 Jarvis Beta on OE6 to get 3D FullHD ISOs to play. Simply went into network and clicked on the RPi2 share and dropped the Tar straight into the update folder. Rebooted the Pi and bobs your .uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Just put the .tar file in the update folder on the root of the openelec machine.

Restart and it does the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

RossieMan wrote: »
    Just put the .tar file in the update folder on the root of the openelec machine.

Restart and it does the rest

Cheers, that's what I did, made updating so much easier

Advertisement