Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening USB files wihtout USB

Options
  • 21-11-2015 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭

Lost a USB and need to open files on computer without it, they show in the recent docs. Is there anyway round it, Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Far as i know the recent docs is just the filepath to the document, not the actual document itself, so I don't think recent docs will work. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Far as i know the recent docs is just the filepath to the document, not the actual document itself, so I don't think recent docs will work. Sorry.

Thanks

Any idea if there is another way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

You could do a search on your pc,
    filename.pdf mp3, avi wmv doc, etc
    The chances are those files are gone .
    Unless you copied them to your pc .at some point.
    if you copied em,and deleted em , recuva free program may get them back.
    i recovered 100,S files from 2010 using recuva ,
    On an old external drive.
    https://www.piriform.com/recuva
    recent files is just a pointer, like a web link ,ie you opened test.doc recently.
    IF test doc was not on your pc hardive theres nothing you can do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

You can't do anything about it, sorry.

The files were located on a separate drive so unless you saved them to your PC you won't be able to read them if you've lost the drive they were stored on.

Advertisement