Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The R147 from Dunshaughlin to Navan

Options
  • 21-11-2015 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

A Kildare man here looking for help from some kind Meath folk.
    I need to get to Navan during the week and will be leaving from Prosperous in Kildare; I think the best route for me is to go from Kilcock to Dunshaughlin, and then onto the old R147 for Navan. Can I still take the R147 and ignore the M3?
    Silly question maybe but, can I get caught for a toll charge anywhere along that route to Navan?
    Up the Royals! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Bonedigger wrote: »
    A Kildare man here looking for help from some kind Meath folk.
    I need to get to Navan during the week and will be leaving from Prosperous in Kildare; I think the best route for me is to go from Kilcock to Dunshaughlin, and then onto the old R147 for Navan. Can I still take the R147 and ignore the M3?
    Silly question maybe but, can I get caught for a toll charge anywhere along that route to Navan?
    Up the Royals! :)

No the toll won't be an issue. Depending on which side of Navan you need to get to it might be easier to hit the M3 at Tara na Ri pub and come of Navan south or north, but the toll won't apply there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

Thanks a million mr_edge_to_you! Fair play! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Bonedigger wrote:
    A Kildare man here looking for help from some kind Meath folk. I need to get to Navan during the week and will be leaving from Prosperous in Kildare; I think the best route for me is to go from Kilcock to Dunshaughlin, and then onto the old R147 for Navan. Can I still take the R147 and ignore the M3? Silly question maybe but, can I get caught for a toll charge anywhere along that route to Navan? Up the Royals!

Your best route is kilcock, summerhill, trim then navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

curioser wrote: »
    Agreed

I'll check that route out too so.
    Thanks all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah deffo skirt kilcock into summer hill and into trim... most direct route.

Advertisement