Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Run's in 2016 ?

Options
  • 21-11-2015 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi can anyone recommend any nice run's in the first half of 2016? would have to be well connected to public transport as I don't drive ? anywhere that would make for a nice social event/day away ?. Could be 5K or a full marathon.

Thanks

S :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Where do you live?

Good runs? K-Club in April and Ballycotton in March are great runs but mayb difficult on public transport but clubmates usually making the trip if you need a lift.

Raheny 5 Mile in Jan is a good race too and a lot of people rave about the Bohermeen half marathon, but I'm not sure how easy it is to get to, but I' sure you could get a lift if you are based in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

I live in Clare, but I've done most of the runs in these parts...need to try new runs to keep the motivation high, and meet new people hopefully :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well there's lots of great races around just not sure on the transport side of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭28064212

"Nice" and "well-connected to public transport" really need further definition. Does "nice" mean flat/fast, social, high-quality field, good post-race spread, friendly etc.? Does "well-connected to public transport" mean you'd be happy to travel to Dublin first? e.g. if there was a race in Sligo, would you be happy to go Clare => Dublin => Sligo?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Did the Cork half marathon last year and really enjoyed it despite the weather. Would recommend

• Advertisement
Advertisement