Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with...

• 22-11-2015 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

Was at the moonshine cafe, below the craft shop near expert electrical. Noticed the abandoned bulidings/apartments behind and wondered what the story was with them. Weren't they purpose bulit student apartments?

Anyone know what happened? Nama'd?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭salonfire

As far as I know, they were open for one college year (possibly 2008).

Then, with the hard winter of 09 or 10, there was a lot of water damage. Likely it was in NAMA also and left abandoned pretty much.

Someone did buy them this year (can't find a link online). Hopefully they can be refurbished and let out again !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It's an awful waste. Three of them are boarded up but one isn't and has been broken into and looks like it's temporarily resided in by homeless/junkies or who ever. I hope someone takes on the project and gets them back in use again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

salonfire wrote: »
    As far as I know, they were open for one college year (possibly 2008).

Then, with the hard winter of 09 or 10, there was a lot of water damage. Likely it was in NAMA also and left abandoned pretty much.

Someone did buy them this year (can't find a link online). Hopefully they can be refurbished and let out again !

Were they not the one's that were closed down on safety grounds? Improper fire escape or some such.

Advertisement