Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Lights Switch On 2015- The people who made it all happen this year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Baldiman

Well done all

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

Just read the Greystones guide feature on this and am a bit disturbed about the attitude shown towards the businesses on payment for the lights. Do other towns vilify those that don't pay? In Greystones they don't put lights on your building to point out to everybody that you didn't pay. I find our lights under-whelming, Greystones has always put little effort into lighting the town so I don't blame anyone for not wanting to contribute.
    I'm sure if there were public collection boxes organised around Halloween time there would be plenty of funds raised to cover the cost. After all, the lights are for every Greystones resident to enjoy so we should all be willing to contribute to their cost. A euro each would be enough for years of lights. Then there wouldn't be this pathetic bully boy tactics of "look who didn't pay this year"

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I dont the Greystones Guide was serious

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

Thank you for clarifying that those shops won't really be on Santa's naughty list.
    I have nothing against Greystones guide, I like it, it's the towns approach to the lights I have a problem with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Don't focus on those who haven't contributed - focus on those that have. It's in their interest to show they are a business and understand that Christmas brings additional revenue to them. If those who can afford the fee pay it, hopefully they'll have good karma and a reasonable return for their good nature!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thank you for clarifying that those shops won't really be on Santa's naughty list.
    I have nothing against Greystones guide, I like it, it's the towns approach to the lights I have a problem with

Well contact one of the organisers with your feedback then

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement