Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get the PULSE ID?

Options
  • 22-11-2015 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Long story short, I reported a crime two weeks, gave a statement which was scribbled down on a piece of paper and not an official document, I asked for confirmation of the statement and was told I would be called back with the PULSE ID. I've since hired a solicitor who has also requested the PULSE ID which the guard seems very reluctant to give. I haven't been able to contact him some the incident as he has returned any calls or is off duty when I ring. Problem is that I need to get the pulse id to document that I reported the incident as some of our options are time dependent.

Does anyone know what the protocol is in this regard and how I go about getting the pulse id?

Comments

Long story short, I reported a crime two weeks, gave a statement which was scribbled down on a piece of paper and not an official document, I asked for confirmation of the statement and was told I would be called back with the PULSE ID. I've since hired a solicitor who has also requested the PULSE ID which the guard seems very reluctant to give. I haven't been able to contact him some the incident as he has returned any calls or is off duty when I ring. Problem is that I need to get the pulse id to document that I reported the incident as some of our options are time dependent.

Does anyone know what the protocol is in this regard and how I go about getting the pulse id?

To g the district office and ask for it. Or get the solicitor to write in requesting it. Mule might not be available due to leave/course/sickness/etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

To g the district office and ask for it. Or get the solicitor to write in requesting it. Mule might not be available due to leave/course/sickness/etc.

Thanks. He is available but just not responding. Would there be any benefit writing to the SHO?

Thanks. He is available but just not responding. Would there be any benefit writing to the SHO?

No point if you are writing to the district office as it goes through them first.

foreign wrote: »
    No point if you are writing to the district office as it goes through them first.

Thanks again. Do you know the reason why the statements appear to be jotted down on a blank piece of paper? I would have thought that they would have standard issue log book for taking statements (not their Garda note book)? For example, if I was reporting a serious crime, and with all due respect, I make a statement in the Garda station and they take a piece of paper out of the printer to write on, it doesn't exactly instill confidence. In summary, if I report an incident to a Guard or make a statement in a station, is there any document or receipt that I can ask for to prove that my statement/complaint has been document rather on just hoping that the guard who took the statement was diligent enough to log it into Pulse?

Thanks again. Do you know the reason why the statements appear to be jotted down on a blank piece of paper? I would have thought that they would have standard issue log book for taking statements (not their Garda note book)? For example, if I was reporting a serious crime, and with all due respect, I make a statement in the Garda station and they take a piece of paper out of the printer to write on, it doesn't exactly instill confidence. In summary, if I report an incident to a Guard or make a statement in a station, is there any document or receipt that I can ask for to prove that my statement/complaint has been document rather on just hoping that the guard who took the statement was diligent enough to log it into Pulse?

It sounds like you only made a report. For a statement you'd be sat down and can take a good while to do up. It'll be read over to you and be signed.

Reports usually go in notebooks but often we may not have them in the office as they are usually with our stab vests or belts. Easy to forget when you are in the station. Either way the report goes on PULSE. It won't be done there and then as we have to ring a call center.

And there is no receipt system due to that. I could take a report at 7.15 and not get a chance to put it on until the afternoon.

• Advertisement

It sounds like you only made a report. For a statement you'd be sat down and can take a good while to do up. It'll be read over to you and be signed.

Reports usually go in notebooks but often we may not have them in the office as they are usually with our stab vests or belts. Easy to forget when you are in the station. Either way the report goes on PULSE. It won't be done there and then as we have to ring a call center.

And there is no receipt system due to that. I could take a report at 7.15 and not get a chance to put it on until the afternoon.

Just to confirm, are civilians entitled to the PULSE ID or does an application specifically have to be made in a prescribed format?

Just to confirm, are civilians entitled to the PULSE ID or does an application specifically have to be made in a prescribed format?

The injured party is entitled to it. In 'crime' incidents you receive it in the post and can request it anytime. It will be given to if you report an incident or collision if you require it.

The injured party is entitled to it. In 'crime' incidents you receive it in the post and can request it anytime. It will be given to if you report an incident or collision if you require it.

Interesting, I requested it when I made the report, never received it, requested it in writing and was told that I would have to submit an email request for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Obviously you are being given the run around. Last year a Garda Victim Service officer was appointed to each Garda division to cater for members of the public who wished to be kept updated on the progress of incidents or crimes they report to the Gardai - perhaps you should contact the Garda victim service officer for the Garda division to whom you reported the matter - list below.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=15118&Lang=1

Advertisement