Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vape annoyances

• 22-11-2015 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭

What annoys you about vaping? It can be trivial or serious.

Trivial one for me - when it's freezing out and the metal drip tip makes you feel even more cold, almost as though your lips are about to turn black from frostbite and fall off :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

What annoys you about vaping? It can be trivial or serious.

Trivial one for me - when it's freezing out and the metal drip tip makes you feel even more cold, almost as though your lips are about to turn black from frostbite and fall off :(

I think the funniest thing is how dumb people look when vaping. It looks like the have some type of Star Trek piccolo flute and they're about to play a tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I've been using the "smoke green" ones for about two months, and I can still get the weird taste, like the greasy vegetable oily taste, and dry teeth! :pac:

Still, sticking with them though, even though I do miss the normal cigarettes still :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I've been using the "smoke green" ones for about two months, and I can still get the weird taste, like the greasy vegetable oily taste, and dry teeth! :pac:

Still, sticking with them though, even though I do miss the normal cigarettes still :o

You should be drinking lots more water when you vape, it dehydrates you! More fluids will stop the dry teeth thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I think the funniest thing is how dumb people look when vaping. It looks like the have some type of Star Trek piccolo flute and they're about to play a tune.

Mine looks more like a huge mobile phone than a flute but anyway...

It's a thread in a vaping forum. About what aspect of vaping irritates a vaper.

It's not about 'blah blah blah ecigs look silly'

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Hate it when you can't taste a juice anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Mine looks more like a huge mobile phone than a flute but anyway...

It's a thread in a vaping forum. About what aspect of vaping irritates a vaper.

It's not about 'blah blah blah ecigs look silly'
    Sorry, but I didn't see the rules in the OP.

Anyway,the furtive glances that vapors give when they are about to take a puff in a non smoking area is also annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

The stupid disapproving look on a non vapers face as I exhale something cleaner than their breath.....

On a serious note, +1 on the not tasting a favourite liquid anymore.

And, waiting on the China express even though I am not desparetly in need of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Haveing to change heads/rewick/recoil and some juices being unavailable to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Non vaping cnuts that come into vaping forums with their stupid opinions.

Cleaning tanks but that's self inflicted because I like to have 3-4 flavours at hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

It annoys me that it's all about the direct lung inhales with the new rebuildable tanks coming out , where's the affordable mouth to lung rebuildables tanks with the quality and ease of the sub tank mini ?

GOD.DAMN.IT !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

jonski wrote: »
    It annoys me that it's all about the direct lung inhales with the new rebuildable tanks coming out , where's the affordable mouth to lung rebuildables tanks with the quality and ease of the sub tank mini ?

Build a .8 or so coil on the subtank and MTL around 15 watts and it's as good if not better then any of the old MTL tanks.

And on topic: Yeah the f-ing ex-smokers who like harass vapers that haven't done the full cold turkey holier than thou quit thing - I vape in your general direction asshats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I miss the good old 1.8 ohm single coil, full flavour atomisers like the Bulli, Spheroid, A7 etc.

8-10 watts. All about flavour back then. God, the Bulli really was a cracker.

All gone crazy now with 50-100w fog machines and nic hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Non vaping cnuts that come into vaping forums with their stupid opinions.

Cleaning tanks but that's self inflicted because I like to have 3-4 flavours at hand

I totally agree with both them pain in the neck to do's...

I have mentioned this a long time back,I vape doing a round robin on about 30 different flavours (I have cut down on flavours) on different devices,I may not fill up or clean for a month whilst doing it this way,but there does come come a time when I have to fill,clean dry burn or change/re-coil coils,most times it's just one or two I have to clean now & again,a very odd time a lot of the devices needs filling & cleaning at the same time,yesterday was that day,I spent the whole day filling,cleaning,coiling & wicking 19 of these devices,they all needed doing at the same time & the other lot is not far behind....

That's what I hate doing....LOL but it's worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭dohouch

Seems I'm the only one who suffers leaking tanks,:eek: (except GS Air ;))
    And flying on Wednesday, time to get the mops out.
    Battery usage when sub-ohming, carrying enough battery power to start a small engine.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Other peoples ignorance, especially older people with the evil eye.
    There's this one silly old bint at our bus stop, now I make a real effort to blow away from people in general, but you know occasionally it will go into their space no matter what you do. Well this clown makes a real show of tutting and 'ugh' and waving her hands around like an idiot.
    It's embarrassing (for her not me). Even my wife, a full on anti smoker and loves that I'm vaping and on nearly no nicotine also, laughs at her antics.
    The constant barrage of misinformation in the media. Its so blatantly led by tobacco and and pharma companies and I'm sick of telling poeple who come up with the usal garbage of 'blah blah worse than smoking etc'. Why hasn't any of the bigger companies come out with positive worldwide information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I can so relate to the above, there is one of those evil eye grumpy old men in my local, I do always make sure not sit sit to near him if possible to avoid his bull****.
    Had another one last week, guy came in a decided to sit 1 seat away from me only to straight away complain that my vaping was giving him a headache

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

"See dem yokes, de're 20 times worse than de fags, give ya cancer and blow up an' all'

Or any variation of the above from gargled lads outside boozers as they spark up another Major.

Didihno wrote: »
    Other peoples ignorance, especially older people with the evil eye.
    There's this one silly old bint at our bus stop, now I make a real effort to blow away from people in general, but you know occasionally it will go into their space no matter what you do. Well this clown makes a real show of tutting and 'ugh' and waving her hands around like an idiot.
    It's embarrassing (for her not me). Even my wife, a full on anti smoker and loves that I'm vaping and on nearly no nicotine also, laughs at her antics.
    The constant barrage of misinformation in the media. Its so blatantly led by tobacco and and pharma companies and I'm sick of telling poeple who come up with the usal garbage of 'blah blah worse than smoking etc'. Why hasn't any of the bigger companies come out with positive worldwide information?

Read this. The report itself. You are forearmed...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review

I've actually shown this to a couple of people who don't vape and have found it very interesting.

For the garglers, I just do a "Yeah, that right? Jaysus" kind of thing. Can't be arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The tank leaking for no obvious reason. A resulting annoyance is sticky/damp fingers.

Battery power. Its a while since Ive been on a night out, but last few times I did, after a few drinks when your friends are smoking more and you want to vape more you get that Lo Batt message. Even worse is running out of juice on a night out. If Im forewarned I bring two full tanks but if a casual drink turns into a few, Im either getting stares at the bar as i refill or Im just plain out.

When your out of juice and the only place selling any is tobacco flavour or even worse American tobacco. Hate that stuff.

The adding cost of equipment. I was given a Mod and bought a nightcharger and a load of batteries. Mod broke and in a pinch bought an iStick aaaaand the batteries arent compatible. :rolleyes:

On the iStick, having to balance it on the edge of the table for charging it upright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Strangers wanting a go on that fancy vape gear you have and in my head I'm ewwww yuk arrrg - how can I be nice about not wanting some fools mouth around my precious.

Note to self: spare drip tips, no wait stranger sharing drip tips never to be used by me ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gez69

Read this. The report itself. You are forearmed...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review

I've actually shown this to a couple of people who don't vape and have found it very interesting.

For the garglers, I just do a "Yeah, that right? Jaysus" kind of thing. Can't be arsed.

From that report:

"The problem is people increasingly think they are at least as harmful and this may be keeping millions of smokers from quitting."

Which sort of begs the question, what do these people think these things were invented for?:confused:

Gez69 wrote: »
    From that report:

"The problem is people increasingly think they are at least as harmful and this may be keeping millions of smokers from quitting."

Which sort of begs the question, what do these people think these things were invented for?:confused:

Well even if vaping is as bad for you as regular smoking, having vaped for a year now I feel so much healthier. No pint of phlegm in my throat in the morning. No constant cough. My evidence is purely anecdotal, but for me I certainly feel 10 times healthier.

syklops wrote: »
    Well even if vaping is as bad for you as regular smoking, having vaped for a year now I feel so much healthier. No pint of phlegm in my throat in the morning. No constant cough. My evidence is purely anecdotal, but for me I certainly feel 10 times healthier.

Maybe I'm labouring the point but that report states vaping is at least 95% safer than smoking.

Maybe I'm labouring the point but that report states vaping is at least 95% safer than smoking.

I don't think anyone is questioning that point, at least I wasn't anyway.

I don't think anyone is questioning that point, at least I wasn't anyway.

Clarifying for syklops which is why I quoted him directly.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

dohouch wrote: »
    Seems I'm the only one who suffers leaking tanks,:eek: (except GS Air ;))
    And flying on Wednesday, time to get the mops out.
    Battery usage when sub-ohming, carrying enough battery power to start a small engine.

Na your not the only one.I have a jacket that my subtank leaked Kings Crest into.And the smell is still there after about 10 washes.

Flying and forgetting to empty the tank first is my bone of contention.

People puffing away on a cigarette telling you that its worse than the real cigs.

Coils and changing them.Surely someone can come up with a cleanable coil that will last forever!!!!

Running low on battery power.I take my 50w and my 20w with me if Im on the beer-just in case!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Flying and forgetting to empty the tank first is my bone of contention.

Learnt that one the hard way flying back from Chicago at the weekend, now have a pocket that smells like its got a bulmer's orchard growing in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

Whem you hit a bad run and cant pull a simple coil together. Took me since the end of the 9 o clock news till now to put a coil on a lemo 2. Normally a 5minute job turned into a 45 minute job. Well pissed now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Switching between a sub-ohm and an MTL tank on my mod and forgetting to drop the wattage. :mad:

• Advertisement

The nautilus mini...It doesn't seem to matter how loosely I screw the bottom on after refilling, it's always a battle to unscrew it again when I next have to refill. I'm always worried I will break the glass tank because I have to grip it so damn hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

"See dem yokes, de're 20 times worse than de fags, give ya cancer and blow up an' all'

Or any variation of the above from gargled lads outside boozers as they spark up another Major.

This! tired of explaining to empty skulls about the health benefits when they pull this crap.

On the other hand, I'm a bit sick of vaping becoming a 'trend'. I started because I actually felt I would lose a lung, or my throat! if I kept smoking. And it was all very simple 3 years ago. Ego C pen type batt's with evod tanks etc ... it wasn't about show. I guess the 'Bling' side of vaping I find very cheesey, and it draws the wrong kind of attention. Like under 18 non smokers, suddenly trying to blow clouds and giving vaping a bad name. That's my biggest annoyance with vaping. It's not a style thing, it's a health thing, always, IMO

The nautilus mini...It doesn't seem to matter how loosely I screw the bottom on after refilling, it's always a battle to unscrew it again when I next have to refill. I'm always worried I will break the glass tank because I have to grip it so damn hard.

Wrap insulating tape around the tank. Much better grip and it will come off quite easily. Had the same problem with my Aspire Atlantis. Kept a roll in my vape box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Wrap insulating tape around the tank. Much better grip and it will come off quite easily. Had the same problem with my Aspire Atlantis. Kept a roll in my vape box.

Rubber washing up gloves will do the trick too.

For all Nautilus users,don't forget to hold the Knurling (close to the drip tip) as well as the glass tank when dismantling or you will end up unscrewing the tank & liquid will be all over the place,I only did it once,that was enough.

The only thing I found that held the knurling & glass tank is Marigolds as Egriff suggested.
    The funny thing with me is my fingers tips,no grip at all for years,I put it down to excessive rolling my own for over 40 years,just worn out my finger tips over time,even rolling my own got difficult in the last few years of smoking,I had to lick my finger tips so I could roll a fag.
    Became hard work in the end,I was happy the day I gave up,how can I tell...I'm still breathing:D:D
    Anyway,rubber gloves is the way:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

For the mini i carry around a pliers with me, its the only thing that works consistently. Have tried in doors, have tried with rubber gloves and they just dont cut the mustard. Still a great little tank though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Switching between a sub-ohm and an MTL tank on my mod and forgetting to drop the wattage. :mad:

I did that last night. Nautilus coil at 40w. Like inhaling the ghost of Jimmy Savile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Like to clean my tanks from time to time and put a fresh head in, every single bloody time after rinsing and wiping and rinsing and wiping do I still get a smell off of it of the last juice I put in!!!

EGriff wrote: »

Well you look more manly with a roll of insulating tape in your vape box than a pair of pink washing up gloves.

Like to clean my tanks from time to time and put a fresh head in, every single bloody time after rinsing and wiping and rinsing and wiping do I still get a smell off of it of the last juice I put in!!!

Only ever had that problem when I tried that horrible american tobacco flavour. Clean out, different coil, and I could still taste it. Bleugh.

Tonight's vaping annoyance is this. I dig out my old janty, clean the tank and put in the last coil, charge up the battery for like three hours just because I thought it would be nice to have it as part of my slowly growing collection of vaping devices. I took a couple of puffs...all in nicely working order, put it on the shelf and it falls to the floor, clearo comes off and the threading is now f**ked on the battery . So that's the end of my janty, my first ecig. Good night beautiful prince :(

• Advertisement

Tonight's vaping annoyance is this. I dig out my old janty, clean the tank and put in the last coil, charge up the battery for like three hours just because I thought it would be nice to have it as part of my slowly growing collection of vaping devices. I took a couple of puffs...all in nicely working order, put it on the shelf and it falls to the floor, clearo comes off and the threading is now f**ked on the battery . So that's the end of my janty, my first ecig. Good night beautiful prince :(

The exact same thing happened to my beloved Dovpo back in august. Vaping on the couch, fell asleep, woke up, stood up, Dovpo fell to the floor. Its maybe salvageable but I get an error saying "short circuit" anytime I try to vape.

Then I bought a replacement on Fassttech, and it got rejected by customs and sent back to China and now Fast tech are saying the order was completed.

The exact same thing happened to my beloved Dovpo back in august. Vaping on the couch, fell asleep, woke up, stood up, Dovpo fell to the floor. Its maybe salvageable but I get an error saying "short circuit" anytime I try to vape.

Then I bought a replacement on Fassttech, and it got rejected by customs and sent back to China and now Fast tech are saying the order was completed.

That's a bugger,why would the Customs reject it,is this a new thing that everything electronic from China is sent back,haven't read anything about it,was this lately.

That's a bugger,why would the Customs reject it,is this a new thing that everything electronic from China is sent back,haven't read anything about it,was this lately.

No idea. Maybe they didnt know what it was.

No idea. Maybe they didnt know what it was.

They knew alright,if the scan didn't show it,then they rip the package open,I would ring them for an explanation,you wait long enough for these things to come & they send it back,another 4 weeks wait & another 4 weeks if FT replaces it,schit,this is an annoyance.

How utterly bizarre and infuriating. What is it with customs officers eh.

Pleased to report that I've masted the art of filling the tank without having to go to this length. You just don't tighten it as much as your common sense tells you to. The rubber seal is very effective I've found. Put your trust in the rubber seal!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭28srf0c

This is the reason I can't recommend the Nautilus Mini to friends and family. As good as it performs (it's the best clearo I've owned in three years), opening it up to refill is a massive pain in the hole.

What I do is get a USB cable or Mouse cable or any cable with a similar diameter, wrap it around the base, squeeze both ends, and twist it off. Even then it can be a struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I have the steel tank on my full size nautilus and its a lot easier to open than the glass one.

My vape annoyance would be the flavour of every non-tobacco juice.

They all have a common sherberty sickly sweet smell and taste. I just bought some "premium" juice tonight from a crowd called Binary. Very fancy bottle. But it has the same background flavour component as the cheapest shyttiest "house" juice I've tasted. It's supposed to be Guava and Mango, but I can't stop noticing that familiar crappy background taste. Is there a common sweet flavour that all juice makers add to the liquid?

Anyway that's why my all-day-vape liquid is just PG, VG and Nicotine. Nothing else. I buy 6mg 50/50 tubs of base liquid used for mixing, but instead of adding flavours I just vape it. Coils last much longer with no flavour/colour too. Almost a month without having to change.

I have the steel tank on my full size nautilus and its a lot easier to open than the glass one.

Is that the cock and balls tank?

edit: two more vape annoyances:

99% of vape devices nowadays are targeted at the sub ohm cloud blaster demographic. (Thanks USA). We need more nautilus mini style devices to attract the smokers. 1.8ohm, perfect cigarette like draw. And we need a battery that doesn't look like an ESB power station.

I was in a vape shop in Cork recently and a middle aged woman was asking about an ego style battery as she didn't like the look of the box mods the sales guy was offering her. He wouldn't sell her the ego battery (& I think evod tank), as he said: "You won't get notttin off dat, dere's no pull off it". I think the industry is forgetting about these nooby people and focusing on the cloud-blast punks / neckbeards in the USA.

The Joyetech Ego ones are pretty good, but 1.5ohm maximum. We need to keep the 1.8 coils in action. One of the most fulfilling vapes I've had was actually from the 2.1ohm vision v3 clearos back in the day.

another vape annoyance is that every vaper I have met has replaced their whole personality with vape. Their brain is basically a cloud of PG/VG and that's all they talk about. Do you find that some people take this addiction too far? I've never seen anybody this enthusiastic about smoking back in the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement