Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vape annoyances

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

"See dem yokes, de're 20 times worse than de fags, give ya cancer and blow up an' all'

Or any variation of the above from gargled lads outside boozers as they spark up another Major.

This! tired of explaining to empty skulls about the health benefits when they pull this crap.

On the other hand, I'm a bit sick of vaping becoming a 'trend'. I started because I actually felt I would lose a lung, or my throat! if I kept smoking. And it was all very simple 3 years ago. Ego C pen type batt's with evod tanks etc ... it wasn't about show. I guess the 'Bling' side of vaping I find very cheesey, and it draws the wrong kind of attention. Like under 18 non smokers, suddenly trying to blow clouds and giving vaping a bad name. That's my biggest annoyance with vaping. It's not a style thing, it's a health thing, always, IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Gez69 wrote: »
    The nautilus mini...It doesn't seem to matter how loosely I screw the bottom on after refilling, it's always a battle to unscrew it again when I next have to refill. I'm always worried I will break the glass tank because I have to grip it so damn hard.

Wrap insulating tape around the tank. Much better grip and it will come off quite easily. Had the same problem with my Aspire Atlantis. Kept a roll in my vape box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

syklops wrote: »
    Wrap insulating tape around the tank. Much better grip and it will come off quite easily. Had the same problem with my Aspire Atlantis. Kept a roll in my vape box.

Rubber washing up gloves will do the trick too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

The nautilus mini...It doesn't seem to matter how loosely I screw the bottom on after refilling, it's always a battle to unscrew it again when I next have to refill. I'm always worried I will break the glass tank because I have to grip it so damn hard.

For all Nautilus users,don't forget to hold the Knurling (close to the drip tip) as well as the glass tank when dismantling or you will end up unscrewing the tank & liquid will be all over the place,I only did it once,that was enough.

The only thing I found that held the knurling & glass tank is Marigolds as Egriff suggested.
    The funny thing with me is my fingers tips,no grip at all for years,I put it down to excessive rolling my own for over 40 years,just worn out my finger tips over time,even rolling my own got difficult in the last few years of smoking,I had to lick my finger tips so I could roll a fag.
    Became hard work in the end,I was happy the day I gave up,how can I tell...I'm still breathing:D:D
    Anyway,rubber gloves is the way:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

For the mini i carry around a pliers with me, its the only thing that works consistently. Have tried in doors, have tried with rubber gloves and they just dont cut the mustard. Still a great little tank though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Switching between a sub-ohm and an MTL tank on my mod and forgetting to drop the wattage. :mad:

I did that last night. Nautilus coil at 40w. Like inhaling the ghost of Jimmy Savile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Like to clean my tanks from time to time and put a fresh head in, every single bloody time after rinsing and wiping and rinsing and wiping do I still get a smell off of it of the last juice I put in!!!

EGriff wrote: »

Well you look more manly with a roll of insulating tape in your vape box than a pair of pink washing up gloves.

Like to clean my tanks from time to time and put a fresh head in, every single bloody time after rinsing and wiping and rinsing and wiping do I still get a smell off of it of the last juice I put in!!!

Only ever had that problem when I tried that horrible american tobacco flavour. Clean out, different coil, and I could still taste it. Bleugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gez69

Tonight's vaping annoyance is this. I dig out my old janty, clean the tank and put in the last coil, charge up the battery for like three hours just because I thought it would be nice to have it as part of my slowly growing collection of vaping devices. I took a couple of puffs...all in nicely working order, put it on the shelf and it falls to the floor, clearo comes off and the threading is now f**ked on the battery . So that's the end of my janty, my first ecig. Good night beautiful prince :(

• Advertisement

Tonight's vaping annoyance is this. I dig out my old janty, clean the tank and put in the last coil, charge up the battery for like three hours just because I thought it would be nice to have it as part of my slowly growing collection of vaping devices. I took a couple of puffs...all in nicely working order, put it on the shelf and it falls to the floor, clearo comes off and the threading is now f**ked on the battery . So that's the end of my janty, my first ecig. Good night beautiful prince :(

The exact same thing happened to my beloved Dovpo back in august. Vaping on the couch, fell asleep, woke up, stood up, Dovpo fell to the floor. Its maybe salvageable but I get an error saying "short circuit" anytime I try to vape.

Then I bought a replacement on Fassttech, and it got rejected by customs and sent back to China and now Fast tech are saying the order was completed.

The exact same thing happened to my beloved Dovpo back in august. Vaping on the couch, fell asleep, woke up, stood up, Dovpo fell to the floor. Its maybe salvageable but I get an error saying "short circuit" anytime I try to vape.

Then I bought a replacement on Fassttech, and it got rejected by customs and sent back to China and now Fast tech are saying the order was completed.

That's a bugger,why would the Customs reject it,is this a new thing that everything electronic from China is sent back,haven't read anything about it,was this lately.

That's a bugger,why would the Customs reject it,is this a new thing that everything electronic from China is sent back,haven't read anything about it,was this lately.

No idea. Maybe they didnt know what it was.

No idea. Maybe they didnt know what it was.

They knew alright,if the scan didn't show it,then they rip the package open,I would ring them for an explanation,you wait long enough for these things to come & they send it back,another 4 weeks wait & another 4 weeks if FT replaces it,schit,this is an annoyance.

How utterly bizarre and infuriating. What is it with customs officers eh.

Pleased to report that I've masted the art of filling the tank without having to go to this length. You just don't tighten it as much as your common sense tells you to. The rubber seal is very effective I've found. Put your trust in the rubber seal!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭28srf0c

This is the reason I can't recommend the Nautilus Mini to friends and family. As good as it performs (it's the best clearo I've owned in three years), opening it up to refill is a massive pain in the hole.

What I do is get a USB cable or Mouse cable or any cable with a similar diameter, wrap it around the base, squeeze both ends, and twist it off. Even then it can be a struggle.

I have the steel tank on my full size nautilus and its a lot easier to open than the glass one.

My vape annoyance would be the flavour of every non-tobacco juice.

They all have a common sherberty sickly sweet smell and taste. I just bought some "premium" juice tonight from a crowd called Binary. Very fancy bottle. But it has the same background flavour component as the cheapest shyttiest "house" juice I've tasted. It's supposed to be Guava and Mango, but I can't stop noticing that familiar crappy background taste. Is there a common sweet flavour that all juice makers add to the liquid?

Anyway that's why my all-day-vape liquid is just PG, VG and Nicotine. Nothing else. I buy 6mg 50/50 tubs of base liquid used for mixing, but instead of adding flavours I just vape it. Coils last much longer with no flavour/colour too. Almost a month without having to change.

I have the steel tank on my full size nautilus and its a lot easier to open than the glass one.

Is that the cock and balls tank?

edit: two more vape annoyances:

99% of vape devices nowadays are targeted at the sub ohm cloud blaster demographic. (Thanks USA). We need more nautilus mini style devices to attract the smokers. 1.8ohm, perfect cigarette like draw. And we need a battery that doesn't look like an ESB power station.

I was in a vape shop in Cork recently and a middle aged woman was asking about an ego style battery as she didn't like the look of the box mods the sales guy was offering her. He wouldn't sell her the ego battery (& I think evod tank), as he said: "You won't get notttin off dat, dere's no pull off it". I think the industry is forgetting about these nooby people and focusing on the cloud-blast punks / neckbeards in the USA.

The Joyetech Ego ones are pretty good, but 1.5ohm maximum. We need to keep the 1.8 coils in action. One of the most fulfilling vapes I've had was actually from the 2.1ohm vision v3 clearos back in the day.

another vape annoyance is that every vaper I have met has replaced their whole personality with vape. Their brain is basically a cloud of PG/VG and that's all they talk about. Do you find that some people take this addiction too far? I've never seen anybody this enthusiastic about smoking back in the day.

• Advertisement

28srf0c wrote: »

No it's the hallowed out tank for the full size one. It's textured so its easy to grip. Well easier, still not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

SMJSF wrote: »
    Running out of liquid at night or far from somewhere to get more.

The coils burning out, and because there is a large number of different tanks, it's harder to source what you need.

The battery running out when you don't have access to electricity for the day!!

I've gone back to smoking unfortunately because of those reasons constantly happening :-(

To be fair, those things you listed are just from not being prepared enough.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    To be fair, those things you listed are just from not being prepared enough.

Agreed. Went for a "lads weekend" holiday overseas recently with plenty of drinking involved, therefore plenty of non stop vaping. Never encountered any equipment or juice problems, even though I shared my vape with my smoker friends every night as they were too lazy to go out for a smoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

another vape annoyance is that every vaper I have met has replaced their whole personality with vape. Their brain is basically a cloud of PG/VG and that's all they talk about. Do you find that some people take this addiction too far? I've never seen anybody this enthusiastic about smoking back in the day.

Awwww..... what are you doing in here?

You've never met a cigar head or a craft beer lover or a wine snob then?

Sure it's a bit of a hobby for some of us.

Others types you may want to avoid: GAA yappers, Car strokers, Dog lovers and so on and on.

8mm wrote: »
    Awwww..... what are you doing in here?

You've never met a cigar head or a craft beer lover or a wine snob then?

Sure it's a bit of a hobby for some of us.

Others types you may want to avoid: GAA yappers, Car strokers, Dog lovers and so on and on.

Sorry 8mm. I only noticed now that your post history is 99% vaping related since you joined 6 years ago, so if I offended your philosophy and way of life I apologize.

You asked me "what are you doing in here?" as if I gate-crashed a secret club.

I was just checking to see if there are any Irish laws or regulations that I should be aware of, that's it.

I came across this thread and thought I would throw in my 2cent re. vaping annoyances. I won't participate here again in case I cause offence to the extremist vapers like 8mm, but I will lurk if you don't mind. Happy vaping folks :)

No stick around, this forum is too quiet as it is.

I think there is an element of truth to what you say, I've become a little obsessed with vaping in the last couple of months after nearly a year of just vaping on an ego type device and thinking that was how I would stay. Then that died, so I bought the ubiquitous iStick 20w, then the 40w and now I'm sub ohming and I don't know how it happened!

Watch out Gez - you might be an extremist your posting history will be monitored :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Is there a common sweet flavour that all juice makers add to the liquid?

Ethyl Maltol. Basic cotton candy flavour used in almost every sweet liquid.

grindle wrote: »
    Ethyl Maltol. Basic cotton candy flavour used in almost every sweet liquid.

Yes very common especially in American vapes - can be quite a useful additive when a blend is on the dry side though tends to be overused in some mixes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

edit: two more vape annoyances:

99% of vape devices nowadays are targeted at the sub ohm cloud blaster demographic. (Thanks USA). We need more nautilus mini style devices to attract the smokers. 1.8ohm, perfect cigarette like draw. And we need a battery that doesn't look like an ESB power station.

I was in a vape shop in Cork recently and a middle aged woman was asking about an ego style battery as she didn't like the look of the box mods the sales guy was offering her. He wouldn't sell her the ego battery (& I think evod tank), as he said: "You won't get notttin off dat, dere's no pull off it". I think the industry is forgetting about these nooby people and focusing on the cloud-blast punks / neckbeards in the USA.

The Joyetech Ego ones are pretty good, but 1.5ohm maximum. We need to keep the 1.8 coils in action. One of the most fulfilling vapes I've had was actually from the 2.1ohm vision v3 clearos back in the day.

Agree with all the above new people coming into a shop and being sold all the latest!! get them started early on the easy stuff then let them upgrade if they want.

Also yes every thing is sub ohm this sub ohm that.
    Now I tried it and its dam nice but I like a battery that last the day and then some and don't want to carry round a fuel tanker worth of juice just to get through the day.

The Triton coils at 1.8 ohm are awesome great vape great flavour and work in the Triton and Triton 2 and the Atlantis tanks too!!

Advertisement