Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vape annoyances

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I hear this all the time. (a comment on the booze thread)
    even worse it's moved people on to the poorly regulated E-cigs.
    god knows what chemicals they put in those things, and could well be worse for people's health than real cigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think that there is a need for regulation in vaping (better anaylsis on chemicals, manufacturing control etc) but ironically enough, my #1 vape annoyance is fear of incoming regulation.

The TPD or whatever seems ominous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I think that there is a need for regulation in vaping (better anaylsis on chemicals, manufacturing control etc) but ironically enough, my #1 vape annoyance is fear of incoming regulation.

The TPD or whatever seems ominous.

Some sensible regulation wouldn't be a bad thing, but what we are going to get is highly over-restrictive legislation lobbied for by Big Tabacco who either want e-cigs out of the picture, or so highly regulated only they have the pockets deep enough for the R&D required to meet said regulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

My girlfriend doesnt get anywhere near as excited as i do over new mods and tanks. :(:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

Down to my last bottle of juice and its so diagusting its pretty much unvapable. The shops are closed and i have a headache cos its a higher nic than i usually vape ... Uughhhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

eirewhite wrote: »
    Down to my last bottle of juice and its so diagusting its pretty much unvapable. The shops are closed and i have a headache cos its a higher nic than i usually vape ... Uughhhh

I dont suppose its American Tobacco? Got that once when it was all they had and it was unvapeable. I had to change the coil afterwards because once I got a new liquid, I could still taste it.

syklops wrote: »
    I dont suppose its American Tobacco? Got that once when it was all they had and it was unvapeable. I had to change the coil afterwards because once I got a new liquid, I could still taste it.

No its strawberry by healthier choice. I have no idea what it is but it aint strawberry and the nic is waay off what its says it should be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

healthierchoice strawberry is certified garbage. I've spoken with the manager of a few branches before and the people are clueless honestly. No quality control despite them saying they are really pushing things in that department. They leave it in the sun all day and probably make up millions of batches at a time that sit in a warehouse for unknown amounts of time.

The thing is morning piss yellow and has absolutely no taste. They say it's bad batches. Uh okay, don't sell it then? It's been bad batches for the months up until I couldn't take it any more. DIY all the way. Keep your 4 euro bottles of piss.

chipfox wrote: »
    healthierchoice strawberry is certified garbage. I've spoken with the manager of a few branches before and the people are clueless honestly. No quality control despite them saying they are really pushing things in that department. They leave it in the sun all day and probably make up millions of batches at a time that sit in a warehouse for unknown amounts of time.

The thing is morning piss yellow and has absolutely no taste. They say it's bad batches. Uh okay, don't sell it then? It's been bad batches for the months up until I couldn't take it any more. DIY all the way. Keep your 4 euro bottles of piss.

Yea they are brutal and the staff are so under trained its scary.
    The guy that runs the carlow store is sound though he doesnt claim to be an expert but is trying to educate himself and has been ordering in lots of mods and noce premium juices. As for the rest of them sweet jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

It's been said before but it happened to me last night. Puffing away on my mouth to lung tank of choice (kf4) at 15w. Battery running low. No problem I'll grab another charged mod. Screwed on me tank. Took a big hit. Yikes!!!! Forgot there had been an orchid on there at 25w. If hell had a taste ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Not good. Do I see you are Carlow based? If not and you are in Dublin, I could sort you out with some juice. 3mg. Possibly have some 18mg either.

Soundman wrote: »
    Not good. Do I see you are Carlow based? If not and you are in Dublin, I could sort you out with some juice. 3mg. Possibly have some 18mg either.

Very kind of you i live in portlaoise though. Theres not much round here by way of walk in stores its a bit of a mare. Luckily i drive for a living lol. I have an order comming from cloudhouse tomorrow though so ill hang in there untillbafter work and pray my post arrives lol. Thank s again though

On almost a daily basis I find vaping to be like a crash course in survivalism and self-sufficiency.

Am I fully prepared for todays vaping? Have I spare power? Have I extra juice just in case so I dont have to buy e-Lites or some sh1t? Have I spare coils?Spare clearo, just in case?

You basically need a backup of every bit of kit you use plus spare juice, and spare power. And a stock of your favourite juices at home. Running out of anything is not an option, otherwise you end up spending a small fortune in a vape shop, or end up vaping some really crap juice.

If owning a car was like being a serious vaper, you'd basically drive around, with a trailer with another car on it, with spare fuel in the boot.

On almost a daily basis I find vaping to be like a crash course in survivalism and self-sufficiency.

Am I fully prepared for todays vaping? Have I spare power? Have I extra juice just in case so I dont have to buy e-Lites or some sh1t? Have I spare coils?Spare clearo, just in case?

You basically need a backup of every bit of kit you use plus spare juice, and spare power. And a stock of your favourite juices at home. Running out of anything is not an option, otherwise you end up spending a small fortune in a vape shop, or end up vaping some really crap juice.

Hit the nail on the head there pal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

I really need a 2nd mod. If my Subtank mini or Kbox mini craps out on me I'm royally screwed... This can be an expensive hobby.

chipfox wrote: »
    I really need a 2nd mod. If my Subtank mini or Kbox mini craps out on me I'm royally screwed... This can be an expensive hobby.

Ive been browsing backup mods today. Have an iStick 30w and its ok, but I miss my Dovpo E-Mech which I dropped. Plus having spent 60 quid on a nitecharger, im now not using it since I got the iStick. Maybe the damage to my E-Mech was a fluke but ive dropped the iStick from a similar height a few times(accidentally) and it bounced back everytime.

I have an E-LVT, but its threads are stripped, so Im torn between getting it fixed, and getting another. It can take a real beating, aside from its threads seemingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

If owning a car was like being a serious vaper, you'd basically drive around, with a trailer with another car on it, with spare fuel in the boot.
    Hahahaaaaa thats so accurate its frightening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

'atomiser short' on and off no matter what I do!

nkav86 wrote: »
    'atomiser short' on and off no matter what I do!

That's what my emech keeps saying. Thoroughly annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

syklops wrote:
    That's what my emech keeps saying. Thoroughly annoying.

Bought a new mod, did the trick

• Advertisement

Anyone had any issues with the subox mini firing over 30 watts?? Had to whip out the .3ohm coil i had in yesterday and build a .7 cos it everytime i went over 30 it flashed battery dead symbol. Im also wondering is it a built in protection. Maybe the battery couldnt put out the amps??

nkav86 wrote: »
    Bought a new mod, did the trick

Roll on payday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Anyone had any issues with the subox mini firing over 30 watts?? Had to whip out the .3ohm coil i had in yesterday and build a .7 cos it everytime i went over 30 it flashed battery dead symbol. Im also wondering is it a built in protection. Maybe the battery couldnt put out the amps??

What battery have you got in it?

Sorry, need to rant.

Left for work, nearly forgot my iStick so popped it into my breast pocket. From years of working in the corporate world Ive found its best to go for some fresh air when you find yourself writing a snarky email, so decided to go for a stroll and a vape. Got in the lift and noticed I had a great big stain on my breast pocket. My iStick had leaked.

Went out to vape, fired it and got that draught of cool air you get when you are out of power. Forgot to plug it in last night. Feck.

Ive a cloth I have by my chair at home that I use for opening the tank and doing general mop up. It used to be white and is now beige and permanently sticky. I washed it in the washing machine on a high temperature and it came out still sticky and a lighter colour of beige. I suppose that means I can say goodbye to one of my nicer shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Got in the lift and noticed I had a great big stain on my breast pocket. My iStick had leaked.

I've found that any tank can leak if left in a pocket for a long period due to body heat keeping the liquid very viscous and movement working the juice into the airways.

Some tanks are more prone to this then others but yeah sucks.

Also if I'm out for a day I have a second tank in a bag. Saved me many times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

8mm wrote: »
    I've found that any tank can leak if left in a pocket for a long period due to body heat keeping the liquid very viscous and movement working the juice into the airways.

Some tanks are more prone to this then others but yeah sucks.

I've been using a kayfun mini v3 (two actually) exclusively for the past few months. Fantastic tanks, easy to fill and neither have ever leaked on me. Best vape (for me at least) I've ever had. I have my setup in my jeans pocket a lot of the time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

TinCool wrote: »
    I've been using a kayfun mini v3 (two actually) exclusively for the past few months. Fantastic tanks, easy to fill and neither have ever leaked on me. Best vape (for me at least) I've ever had. I have my setup in my jeans pocket a lot of the time too.

They're a great little tank for out and about.
    I bring one to work all the time and as you say no leaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I love the kayfun mini v3 too, I use it on a VTC mini. Perfect for work. Best MTL vape i've ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

I love the kayfun mini v3 too, I use it on a VTC mini. Perfect for work. Best MTL vape i've ever had.

Originals or clones ? someone linked me to a clone the other day and I can't find it now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

jonski wrote: »
    Originals or clones ? someone linked me to a clone the other day and I can't find it now .

http://www.fasttech.com/product/4278000

Advertisement