Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bit training

• 22-11-2015 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Looking for information on the Ibt training course. I got my learner permit in February this year. I have been fairly busy since so have not gone any further about getting on the road.
    I presume I need to do the course before getting on the road... What size of bike am I allowed to complete it on?
    Does it need to be restricted if over a certain engine size??
    What else do I need to know about the training?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Feckthis wrote: »
    Looking for information on the Ibt training course. I got my learner permit in February this year. I have been fairly busy since so have not gone any further about getting on the road.
    I presume I need to do the course before getting on the road... What size of bike am I allowed to complete it on?
    Does it need to be restricted if over a certain engine size??
    What else do I need to know about the training?

Yes, IBT needs completed before you can go out on your own. What bike depends on the category of licence you have. Instructors should have bike suitable to whatever licence you have anyway.

See here for information on licence categories and bike info http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Motorcyclists/no-name-yet/

Bit more info I just found http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Learner%20Drivers/Third%20Directive/Link%203.pdf

Advertisement