Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport photos

Options
  • 22-11-2015 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Looking for somewhere to get good quality passport photos. Was going to go cheap and cheerful as only need photos for a staff card right now but then realised I need to renew my driving license in a few months so best do them right. :P:P
    Looking for somewhere in the city centre. Need 2 photos for work and 2 I think then for my new license. Anymore will be wasteful and will just end up in a drawer with other old passport photos. Looking for a location in the city centre ideally.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Looking for somewhere to get good quality passport photos. Was going to go cheap and cheerful as only need photos for a staff card right now but then realised I need to renew my driving license in a few months so best do them right. :P:P
    Looking for somewhere in the city centre. Need 2 photos for work and 2 I think then for my new license. Anymore will be wasteful and will just end up in a drawer with other old passport photos. Looking for a location in the city centre ideally.

You can't use your own photos for drivers license any more so you only need two but they almost always come in fours anyway. Almost all pharmacies do passport pics. I got my last ones done in the pharmacy by the luas stop on middle abbey Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep. Any chemist should do it. They just pull down a roll up white screen & have u stand in front of it. So don't discount them, if you don't see an old fashioned passport photo booth on the premises. The chemist beside the Irish Life mall on Talbot St do good ones. She took several of me on a digital camera & let me pick out the best of the bunch.

Agree with the poster above on the drivers license too. You don't provide your own photos any more. They'll take your photo at the NDLS centre with their own special camera, so that it can be embedded into the license itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Ah right had no idea the NDLS took their own photos. Guess they have to justify their existence somehow. Mostly looking personal recommendation on places that would do good photos. Don't want to rely on a booth. Both suggestions so far would be convenient for me.

Advertisement