Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RetroGaming at the Dun-Laoghaire Lexicon

Comments

Colour me interested.
    But as you said .
    Unless there originals I wouldn't be ringed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thanks might go alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That's only down the road from me. Feck it... think I'll go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

retr0gamer will be all over this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭PaulPriest

Okay, so a few generic woodies with appropriate controlpanels and I'm guessing PCBs. Mainly a showcase for their new game.
    https://twitter.com/P_PandaStudio/with_replies

Better than I feared, but not what I'd hoped!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Should check out that game. I don't think they had anything to do with the retro setup though, just got lumped in with the arcade stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭PaulPriest

A build of the game is available for 'name your price' (incl. free) from http://chueytoo.itch.io/eternal-spirits .
    I gather it's a student project turned indie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,266 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

PaulPriest wrote: »
    Okay, so a few generic woodies with appropriate controlpanels and I'm guessing PCBs. Mainly a showcase for their new game.
    https://twitter.com/P_PandaStudio/with_replies

Better than I feared, but not what I'd hoped!

From the photos it looks like they've LCDs in the cabs? :(

LCDs with 60 in 1 boards?

Ugh... kinda glad I didn't go now.

I was there earlier too.

Was good, didnt really get to play as much as id like in the 50 mins.

3 x woodies with 60-in-1's (Galaxian, DK, Dig Dug)
    1 x Mame machine with 7000 games.
    1 x Tron pinball
    1 x Mechanical hockey game.
    2 x cocktail cabinets with 150 games each.

Played some of the new game that the developers were showing off also.
    It was ok, i am useless with Xbox controllers though. It was megaman-ish.
    Played bubble bobble with my mate on the mame cab, good fun.

• Advertisement

MrVestek wrote: »
    LCDs with 60 in 1 boards?

Ugh... kinda glad I didn't go now.

They did have LCD's but that wasnt the real point.
    They were from an events company not for the purists. I enjoyed it anyways but would have liked longer for a tenner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,266 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

eddhorse wrote: »
    They did have LCD's but that wasnt the real point.
    They were from an events company not for the purists. I enjoyed it anyways but would have liked longer for a tenner

Is it really a 'purist' thing though?

A multi board in a generic woody with a CRT would still feel like an arcade game.

Playing games on LCDs though just doesn't...not for me anyway. And that was long before I'd have considered myself a 'purist'.

I guess it depends if you grew up in arcades or used CRTs over the years. If you were a teen to an early twentysomething now I guess you wouldn't really know what you were missing out on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

€10 for 50mins on generic cabs is a bit pricey, why not unlimited time? I can single credit 30minutes on alot of the old games.
    Would like to have a play of tron though. but like Oisin, I'm not into LCDs in cabs at all and couldn't really get past it when playing, it just feels wrong, I like emulation in cabs and multigames but only on CRTs.

I agree it was overpriced.

And yes im a CRT man, i know the LCD is a tool of the devil. The organiser said they have many issues with lots of use of these cabs so possibly a reason. Easy moving between venues also i guess.
    I also think with so few cabinets they have to make up the game numbers with 60-in-1's.

Tron was good. Was getting into it when time was up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can kind of get the LCD experience playing make at home. If it was on CRTs it might be worth a visit and after playing on thise stupidly gorgeous Egret 2 cabs in Hey Akihabara it just highlighted how awful even the best LCD tech is.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I can kind of get the LCD experience playing make at home. If it was on CRTs it might be worth a visit and after playing on thise stupidly gorgeous Egret 2 cabs in Hey Akihabara it just highlighted how awful even the best LCD tech is.

I can see how this would be the case. Ed nods

So glad I was hungover and didn't bother going to this after seeing those pics I have to say.

The day was much better spent getting lashed on heading to Carrickmines to pick up Guitar Hero and Lego Dimensions. :P

Eh .not even arcade cabs.converted poker's.
    Mitch?

Advertisement