Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A mentor for sports business and taking it on line

Options
  • 22-11-2015 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hello guys,

I am based in Cork and I have recently started clooking into importing small qty MMA and Boxing gear from Pakistan. I have a very good manufacturer who makes quality products for a few good brands in the market and he is willing to make for me. The prices are very good for Irish Clubs and consumers. I have already secured a regular order for a Tawekwondo club in Cork. I only showed samples to this club only and god a good order. Though, I am looking for a mentor who is in MMMa or boxing side to help me choose my iwn brand and take it to on line or the distributor side. Can anyone give me an advice where I should start from, who to contact for mentoring etc. thank you so much.

Comments

AsianIrish wrote: »
    Hello guys,

I am based in Cork and I have recently started clooking into importing small qty MMA and Boxing gear from Pakistan. I have a very good manufacturer who makes quality products for a few good brands in the market and he is willing to make for me. The prices are very good for Irish Clubs and consumers. I have already secured a regular order for a Tawekwondo club in Cork. I only showed samples to this club only and god a good order. Though, I am looking for a mentor who is in MMMa or boxing side to help me choose my iwn brand and take it to on line or the distributor side. Can anyone give me an advice where I should start from, who to contact for mentoring etc. thank you so much.

A distributor won't be interested as A. they can do what you are doing themselves and B. the market size wouldn't be worth it for them.

Keep doing what your doing, and gradually improve your stock and services. Go from club to club and make the sales, build up a customer base, then up sell them more products as you add them to your line. At the same time you can make your website and try and reach the consumers directly. Learn about what you need to do to bring people to your online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Try approach a couple of the fight shops see if anyone fancies partnering up. If you can get someone on board who is known in those circles it will help getting stocked places. Almost everyone in my gym uses, Top King, Fairtex, Twins etc as you know they are going to last but if you get gloves to people training daily you could send out some free gloves to some gyms to give to regulars and if they are still looking good after a few months that is going to help get people looking at the brand next time they need some new gloves.

I've used some Pakistan made gloves and they were pretty decent so if you have found the right manufacturer and can do it for the right price then you could find a market but it is likely to be hard.

I just bought a pair of Top King for sparring but if you have a pair of 12oz/14oz bag gloves more than happy to give them a spin for you and will be sure to put in a good word with people!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭AsianIrish

jimmii wrote: »
    Try approach a couple of the fight shops see if anyone fancies partnering up. If you can get someone on board who is known in those circles it will help getting stocked places. Almost everyone in my gym uses, Top King, Fairtex, Twins etc as you know they are going to last but if you get gloves to people training daily you could send out some free gloves to some gyms to give to regulars and if they are still looking good after a few months that is going to help get people looking at the brand next time they need some new gloves.

I've used some Pakistan made gloves and they were pretty decent so if you have found the right manufacturer and can do it for the right price then you could find a market but it is likely to be hard.

I just bought a pair of Top King for sparring but if you have a pair of 12oz/14oz bag gloves more than happy to give them a spin for you and will be sure to put in a good word with people!

Hi jimmi thank you so much for your comments and direction. I have boxing gloves being tested by a club and they said they are amazing, especially grip and moulding. I do have a boxing 14 oz glove if you are in cork sure, you may have a llok and try for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

AsianIrish wrote: »
    Hi jimmi thank you so much for your comments and direction. I have boxing gloves being tested by a club and they said they are amazing, especially grip and moulding. I do have a boxing 14 oz glove if you are in cork sure, you may have a llok and try for yourself

You only really get an idea of the quality after around 100 sessions thats when its clear if a glove is good or bad. They all look good after a couple of sessions!

I'm in Dublin but appreciate the offer thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭AsianIrish

thanks everyone

• Advertisement
Advertisement