Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good coffee machine deals

• 22-11-2015 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi folks want to buy present of coffee machine for staff canteen of local care facility.
    Have a budget of €200 and have tried to research them but am very confused.
    basically What I'm thinking is a machine that uses the pods that you can buy in Lidl Aldi etc. which will make cappuccinos, black coffee and lattes.
    The €200 budget would also have to include buying a supply of the pods.
    Any suggestions folks

Mods not sure if I should have posted this in the tea and coffee forum. Apologies if in wrong forum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There is a thread here about nespressos in debenhams.
    You could get a nespresso u&milk for €149, or a pixie with aeroccino (basically the same thing) you get 3 €30 vouchers for pods with it, on the nespresso site you can generally get 200 genuine pods delivered for around €70, so you'd get 200 pods for €30 (three times up till September 2016)

Link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057519921

A bean-to-cup machine would cost way less to run than pods though, but I dunno what you'd get for €200. That said, a nespresso is a nice little thing to have at work and they probably wouldn't mind keeping pods in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Berberis

Cheers for that I will have a look at the link today.
    Do you know if the generic pods from Lidl and Aldi will work with these.
    I don't know if the vouchers would be used as it is a present for staff for their canteen and it would need someone to take responsibility for ordering online and I don't know if that would happen to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No direct experience of using generic pods in the machines, but I have read on here that the lidl ones can damage the machine, but supervalu ones are the ones to get.

Ref the vouchers - you could always order €80 of pods and get your €30 off, meaning you're spending €149+€50

I dunno if the €200 figure is a limit or a target :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ronanclinton

Nespresso highly recommended, we have one in our work place and the Lidl Aldi pods fit. Very Very nice coffee. Not sure of best place to by and or how much, but certainly with in that budget. 10 pods for 2€.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Berberis

Cheers for the replies folks.
    Think I'll get this one Krups Nespresso Pixie with Aeroccino
    and €50 of pods in Supervalu which should be a nice little starter pack for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Harvey Norman are adverting 20% off coffee machines in Black Friday week
    No idea if they work out cheaper but worth checking

Advertisement