Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminating a credit card

Options
  • 22-11-2015 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hello I wish to terminate a credit card.  The card in question is in long term personal storage.  Is it possible to cancel the card another way, such as confirming with you just the cards i want to keep using?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon 5rtytry56, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We're sorry to hear that you've decided to close your credit card account. As your credit card account number and expiry date are mandatory for account access over the phone, you would need to call into your nearest Bank of Ireland branch with photo ID. A representative there can then submit a closure request on your behalf. 

We hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Elaine, understood.

A completely different process was advised for me when I visited my nearest boi branch today. The boi directed me in a minute to ring card services by in branch phone.
    *At NO STAGE was Photo ID asked from me. :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi 5rtytry56, 

We're sorry to hear this. The process would be to close the account with a branch assistant. Can I ask which branch you visited and if your request to close your account was sent on your behalf? 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

I visited the branch in person.  I've cooled down now. :-) see what you wrote.  I think I forget the branch.  Unfollowing thread now.  Bye Bye. ;-B

• Advertisement
Advertisement