Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get a mention on a thread

Options
  • 22-11-2015 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys. I'm looking for some clarification on something. I'm a member of a group that organises social events for people with social anxiety. It's a fairly new group and I stress we are just a social group - we don't offer therapies or medical advice. I have emailed a mod on the PI board with a view to having us mentioned in the sticky, my understanding is another member of the same group was banned for mentioning it in a thread. There seems to be a growing need for a group like ours and we would love to get word of it out there. Can you advise what criteria one needs to fulfil in order to be allowed mention specific supports.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's up to the PI mods to decide. It's their call whether any group, even non-profits, or with the best of intentions, can do anything like that. It's the same for any forum, and each will have their standards for such things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Might I suggest that (if its within boards rules) you put a link to your group as your sig. Would that be allowed Spear?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ken wrote: »
    Might I suggest that (if its within boards rules) you put a link to your group as your sig. Would that be allowed Spear?

As a default disclaimer, I'm not an admin, so I can't approve sigs.

But from the sig rules , I for one don't see any issue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I did pm a mod asking if they could add it to the sticky but was ignored so I feel I've hit a brick wall.

Ken I'd love to do that but I'm worried about being banned.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A link in your sig is fine as long as the url is clearly visible, i.e. no links like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

eviltwin wrote: »
    I did pm a mod asking if they could add it to the sticky but was ignored so I feel I've hit a brick wall.

Ken I'd love to do that but I'm worried about being banned.

That was my fault - I did bring it to the PI mods and we discussed it and I utterly forgot to actually reply to the PM. I'm sorry about that.
    We're looking at it again now and I think the other mod you PM'd will reply.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement