Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ink refills may damage printer?

Options
  • 22-11-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I bought an Epson XP 620 about 2 months ago. The saleswoman told us that when the ink runs low we shouldn't refill the cartridges as they leak and damage the printer, so we should buy new cartridges each time. This sounds like bull to me as I've always used refilled cartridges in older printers. I'm still skeptical though as I don't want to wreck the printer so soon after getting it. Should I refill the cartridges anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Hi there

Uslly refilling ink cartridges is fine its only in some occasions it can damage the printer if you dont go to a proper shop and get it done right,hope i helped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Only if you use pigment ink instead of dye ink. I'm fairly sure I killed my old HP using black pigment ink, but it was my fault. I use epson R2000 with marrutt inks and it all works fine. Think about CISS or proper refillable cartridges if you print a lot.

Advertisement