Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Checkover || Help finding cheapest place to buy Items

Options
  • 22-11-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all,

Going make this build this week, what do you guys think of budget is around 900. Also whats the best place to buy from I dont have paypal (banned for no reason) so need to use CC. Want to get it for the cheapest price possible but it to be delivered in a week.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (€185.55 @ Mindfactory)
    Motherboard: ASRock H97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (€91.19 @ Mindfactory)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (€76.94 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€52.47 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card (€336.94 @ Mindfactory)
    Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 ATX Mid Tower Case (€37.71 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€77.29 @ Mindfactory)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer (€16.20 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €874.29
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-21 21:59 CET+0100

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Drop to 8gb ram and add an SSD

Mind factory, amazon or computer universe are well priced

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Agreed. You can also drop the DVD drive unless you really need it. It's faster to install off a USB stick anyway.

Not familiar with that case, but historically Thermaltake doesn't make great stuff. Maybe look at a cheap Fractal or Bitfenix instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 djryano

Ok drop to 8GB any SSD and other case you would recommend? Il have a look at them sites tomorrow see can I keep it below my budget thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

djryano wrote: »
    Ok drop to 8GB any SSD and other case you would recommend? Il have a look at them sites tomorrow see can I keep it below my budget thanks guys

Fractal Design Core 1000 and 1100 are easy to build in.
    Bitfenix have the Neos, Nova and Comrade in that price range.
    Edit: just spotted you have an ATX board - some of those cases are for micro-atx.

There will probably be some SSD or other on sale at Amazon for Black Friday. The price-drops on a couple over the past few weeks have been fantastic.
    Just avoid Kingstons V300 due to them hobbling the performance of them and also avoid off-brand SSDs as despite being a rebrand of a good make they're likely B-stock and the warranties are usually limited in comparison to Samsung, Crucial, Corsair, Sandisk and Kingston's HyperX ranges.

grindle wrote: »
    Fractal Design Core 1000 and 1100 are easy to build in.
    Bitfenix have the Neos, Nova and Comrade in that price range.
    Edit: just spotted you have an ATX board - some of those cases are for micro-atx.

There will probably be some SSD or other on sale at Amazon for Black Friday. The price-drops on a couple over the past few weeks have been fantastic.
    Just avoid Kingstons V300 due to them hobbling the performance of them and also avoid off-brand SSDs as despite being a rebrand of a good make they're likely B-stock and the warranties are usually limited in comparison to Samsung, Crucial, Corsair, Sandisk and Kingston's HyperX ranges.

Ok thanks for the info went for this case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-02, So now to the 8GB of ram what would you recommended since I never knew about fallout running so much better with the RAM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

djryano wrote: »
    So now to the 8GB of ram what would you recommended since I never knew about fallout running so much better with the RAM.

8GB'll do for the moment, a couple of greedy games are pushing it's limits but I didn't think FO4 was one of them. Are there benchmarks where it shows a substantial improvement with 16GB?
    I've not been keeping up with FO4 at all, I'd prefer to play it in a year or two once it's been fixed [by modders].

Ok going to order tomorrow made a few more changes have a extra 50-100 euro to spend more if anyone can see something that I can add that will greatly improve performance

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/L9pbbv
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/L9pbbv/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (€218.43 @ Mindfactory)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H DDR3 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€87.60 @ Mindfactory)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (€74.98 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€45.93 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€54.92 @ Mindfactory)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card (€355.44 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Antec GX500 ATX Mid Tower Case (€50.94 @ Mindfactory)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer (€16.20 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €904.44
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-25 21:46 CET+0100

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd go 8gb RAM and put the remaining funds into a nice case, other than that it's sound. That's personal preference though

Advertisement