Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unemployment up in the West!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

naughto wrote: »
    They are still at it and when the 9 months are nearly up the intern has to train it's replacement who is also an intern

That is the exact same where I work, the intern is brought in a week early for the departing intern to train, the scrapping of the cooling off period makes this perfectly legal, also before that you could just reword the internship to get around the cooling off period.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

They should only be allowed to take on so many inters then either take one on full time paid job.
    They should not be allowed to take on interns all the time for yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Last bit of a rant.
    Do the inters qualify for the Christmas bonus that's being paid out this week I wounder.
    I bet they don't yet there giving the bonus to people who sit on there ass all day and do nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

naughto wrote: »
    Last bit of a rant.
    Do the inters qualify for the Christmas bonus that's being paid out this week I wounder.
    I bet they don't yet there giving the bonus to people who sit on there ass all day and do nothing

They still qualify for the xmas bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Advertising Internship Posts

Host Organisations are not permitted to direct interested applicants to apply to recruitment agencies or any other third parties on their behalf.
    Recruitment agencies are not permitted to advertise internship positions on behalf of any other organisation.
    If any organisation is found to have contravened either of the above regulations, they will immediately be deemed ineligible to participate in this Scheme

interesting reading. is irishjobs or indeed a recuritment agency? if so the companies are breaking the rules?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

irishgeo wrote: »
    interesting reading. is irishjobs or indeed a recuritment agency? if so the companies are breaking the rules?

They are an employment agency... same thing?

Advertisement